Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
Under what idiotic logic can a fighter outbox his opponent for pretty much a whole fight yet still lose a wide decision? One of the idiot things I have ever read, you are basically accepting Fury won but wont admit it.

Yes because 88% of sherdog and pro fighters who thought Fury wad robbed are all brits.
"One of the idiot things I have ever read....." That is an ironic quote.
I explained this already. Fury was the slicker guy, better technician. But at the end of the day, he didn't do a lot to separate himself from Wilder, especially in some of those early/mid rounds. You score rounds individually. Just because he was the better technician in most rounds doesn't mean he won them all. Its not a fucking riddle.

Yes because 88% of sherdog and pro fighters who thought Fury wad robbed are all brits.
100 % of fans who had no issue with the outcome don't give a shit about participating in polls.

fan reaction ... I'm getting the sense that this guy thinks fury won lol

"One of the idiot things I have ever read....." That is an ironic quote.
I explained this already. Fury was the slicker guy, better technician. But at the end of the day, he didn't do a lot to separate himself from Wilder, especially in some of those early/mid rounds. You score rounds individually. Just because he was the better technician in most rounds doesn't mean he won them all. Its not a fucking riddle.

No no, you said Fury 'out boxed' him over the whole fight, not just that he was slicker. Out boxing someone is the whole point of boxing, you simply can't think he outboxed him yet only won 5 rounds. Its literally retarded.

100 % of fans who had no issue with the outcome don't give a shit about participating in polls

Oh so now you also speak for a large segment of the fans? Even more lolz. What about all the pro fighters being almost unanimously for Fury? What about Floyd having it 5-0 and being disgusted at the out come? Are you saying you know more about the science of boxing that Floyd?

It could have gone either way. Fury really wasn't that dominant. Definitely not dominant enough to give up 2 10-8 rounds.

Lots of angry brits is what most of this is.

I knew I would come to this thread and see that douchebag Seano claiming "it could have gone either way".

You ever notice any time there is a controversial decision, you are the one defending it? Speaks to your personality.

I knew I would come to this thread and see that douchebag Seano claiming "it could have gone either way".

You ever notice any time there is a controversial decision, you are the one defending it? Speaks to your personality.
<{Joewithit}>

Fury outboxed him for pretty much the whole fight but there wasn't a lot separating them in punches landed.

And no, I didn't have the same EXACT score. Rochin had Wilder sweeping the first 4. I had it 38/38 after 4.

I saw reference to Rochin having rounds 3 and 8 for Wilder as if that was suspect, but I don't remember where that even was. Could have been a comment here at this point. lol

Looking forward to Saturday night. Gotta say, I've never seen a poll like this one, not even after GGG/Canelo or any bout, for that matter. 88%+ is pretty wide given the relatively large sample. I know most people DKSAB, but still...

I saw reference to Rochin having rounds 3 and 8 for Wilder as if that was suspect, but I don't remember where that even was. Could have been a comment here at this point. lol

Looking forward to Saturday night. Gotta say, I've never seen a poll like this one, not even after GGG/Canelo or any bout, for that matter. 88%+ is pretty wide given the relatively large sample. I know most people DKSAB, but still...
I actually watched it again and got 114/112 Wilder but still saw it pretty much the same. Just a bunch of rounds mid fight where little happened.

Timer starts before Fury is even down and it seems to speed up at the end.

Watch the timer from the fight, Fury is down about .3-.5 seconds after 2:21 and is back on his feet at 2:11 meaning he got up in less than 10 seconds.

Had good seats for the fight but not a good view of the big screen. I had it either 113 to 113 or possible 114 to 112 for Fury. It was a very close fight - It was obvious that Fury was the better boxer but he did get starched twice and was backing up most of the fight. Deontay landed the harder shots. It was definitely not a robbery by any stretch of the imagination.

I had it for Fury. I think a draw is generous for Wilder but acceptable, and I think a Wilder scorecard is just straight up incorrect

But overall, a draw is something that while I don't personally agree with it, I can accept it as a valid score

The fact that 28 people still voted Wilder as the winner goes to show that people might enjoy boxing but don't understand the scoring. Some never will.

i only saw round 7 on bc i was working but watching highlights and reading accounts tells me that fury got most of the first 6 but if he even drops two of those rounds, the fight is a draw so the decision is feasible. i think a wilder win is a stretch but i’d have to watch the fight in full.

100 % of fans who had no issue with the outcome don't give a shit about participating in polls.

Andy Lee whistleblowed it best for what industry does. It’s without a doubt that Showtime and BT Sport have rogue insiders sharing tweets round by round... Lee said it’s a common practice, not so much favoring a fighter but networks double dipping on accuracy for round scoring

I had Fury winning by a wide margin in this fight. My opinion could possibly change if I watched the fight a second time but it seemed pretty clear that Fury heavily outboxed Wilder. I gave Fury 10 rounds and Wilder two 10-8 rounds. The most I could see is Wilder getting two 10-8 rounds and two 10-9 rounds but even then it is a bit of a stretch. Another factor is that Fury won the second half of each round that he was knocked down in, so there is an argument to be made that those could be 10-9 rounds for Wilder instead of 10-8.

I would assume that the small group that think that Wilder won this fight are likely not considering how boxing is actually judged. Boxing is judged round by round on a 10 point must system. Each round is scored separately and then those scores are totaled if the fight goes the distance and the fighter with the most points wins. From that standpoint Fury unquestionably won the fight. I understand that some fans might question how a fighter can win a championship when they got knocked down like that twice late in the fight. But that just isn't how boxing is judged. The fight isn't judged as a whole, it is judged as 12 separate rounds. Fans can argue whether the judging system and criteria should be changed and they may or may not have merits based on what they have to say. But based on the way that boxing is actually judged Fury won the fight.

Fury outclassed him on rounds 3 & 12. Wilder had knocks down in rounds 9 & 12. Other rounds we're really close and could've gone either way as the difference in landed strikes was only 1 or 2 punches.

I personally scored many of them rounds for Wilder because he landed more powerful strikes and was ready to stand and trade.

Last edited:
The fact that 28 people still voted Wilder as the winner goes to show that people might enjoy boxing but don't understand the scoring. Some never will.

Not true. Almost all rounds we're extremely close even though Fury made himself look better with his dancing, but didn't really land enough of his pitty-patty jabs.

Back