Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
Interesting. I don't care and I haven't seen it. I just figured Wilder isn't much of a boxer (my personal opinion) and might get boxed up going in to this one. I'm just glad it sounds like we at least had a competitive HW bout.
Was your card the same as Rochin, so you had 3 and 8 going to Wilder or you don't remember? Again, I haven't seen anything yet, don't care and you already gave your score, I'll have to see what I come up with next week. I'm sometimes off the majority and watch again and still think my score is correct, so...
It is subjective and that's how you get those scores. Now the 118-110 or whatever for Canelo in the first bout from Byrd was legit criminal, but many times it's the different angles/sides of the ring that can mean the difference in a couple or even a few rounds between judges. But many casuals don't allow for---or even know about that, for that matter.
Fury outboxed him for pretty much the whole fight but there wasn't a lot separating them in punches landed.

And no, I didn't have the same EXACT score. Rochin had Wilder sweeping the first 4. I had it 38/38 after 4.

Simple enough to figure this out.
Yes. It should be simple to figure out.
12 round fight.
Correct.
Scoring the first time around I had Wilder 4-1 up after 5 rounds.
OK. So 49-46.
I had it 4-4 through 8 rounds.
76-76
Round 9 was a 10-8 so I had Wilder 6-4
....86-84
and then I gave Fury rounds 10 and 11 which had it tied up at 6-6.
104-104
Wilder wins the last round 10-8 so he wins it by 2 points. 116-114 Wilder.
Wrong. Your score adds up to 114-112 Wilder
Wilder won in my opinion.

Great.

[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?
Yes, he deserved the win.
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
176 88.89%

No, the fight was a draw, if not a Wilder win
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
22 11.11%

You'd think the second option would have more votes if it was a CLEAR draw
[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?
Yes, he deserved the win.
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
237 87.45%

No, the fight was a draw, if not a Wilder win
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
34 12.55%

I was very generous to wilder, giving him any round that was close--but still could only find a way to give Wilder 4 rounds, and two of those were dead even.

So I had Fury winning 114-112, but prefer the draw outcome as I think it's a better accounting of the actual fight.

Had Fury winning 7 rnds, but with the 2 kd's, had it a draw

Fury was robbed, but in a real fight Wilder would finish him on the ground after KD.

Ok I rewatched the fight today, first of all I want to say what a fight! that was a seriously skilful fight for HW, both guys have a lot of skill, lets get rid of the myth that Wilder is some sloppy novice who has no skill. This fight had a lot of skill in it. Great fight

When I first saw it I had it 114-112 Fury, BUT its hard to score it live, because you dont know its going to decision. So rewatched it to look much more closely and I would say my opinion is the same, 114-112 for Fury, but its not a crazy robbery, a really crazy robbery is like if Fury won every round easily. But some of the rounds were really close and there wasnt a lot in it.

If you guys told me Wilder won by 2 rounds or Fury won by 2 rounds or it was a draw, I can't really argue and I can really see all sides of that, because like I said some of the rounds were really close in my opinion and its hard to score them, its so subjective.

Hope they do the rematch soon! and we don't have to wait years and years for it

dan rafael demonstrating once again that hes a fat prick who knows nothing about boxing. talk about proving yourself to be a nonbrain hipster for the last 20 years. "boxing journalist"
People have used him to justify their scores many times in the past. Just not this time because he scored it for Wilder.

Fury outboxed him for pretty much the whole fight but there wasn't a lot separating them in punches landed.

And no, I didn't have the same EXACT score. Rochin had Wilder sweeping the first 4. I had it 38/38 after 4.

Ok I rewatched the fight today, first of all I want to say what a fight! that was a seriously skilful fight for HW, both guys have a lot of skill, lets get rid of the myth that Wilder is some sloppy novice who has no skill. This fight had a lot of skill in it. Great fight

When I first saw it I had it 114-112 Fury, BUT its hard to score it live, because you dont know its going to decision. So rewatched it to look much more closely and I would say my opinion is the same, 114-112 for Fury, but its not a crazy robbery, a really crazy robbery is like if Fury won every round easily. But some of the rounds were really close and there wasnt a lot in it.

If you guys told me Wilder won by 2 rounds or Fury won by 2 rounds or it was a draw, I can't really argue and I can really see all sides of that, because like I said some of the rounds were really close in my opinion and its hard to score them, its so subjective.

Hope they do the rematch soon! and we don't have to wait years and years for it

2 of the cats whose opinions I respect the most, 2 of the only people not crying robbery. I feel less crazy.

I was there and had 113-113. I think the first 4 were a lot closer than people are acting like, and really determine your final card. I personally like to score like a human, otherwise we could just use stats.

The anticipation of Wilder's shots, the damage they cause, the amount of energy Fury has to expend avoiding them, controlling the center.. all plays a part for me. And I also like balancing the score early if it's really close, so you don't have a guy winning by getting all the close ones early. So I had 2-2 after 4. And I think 113-113 is the most obvious score when you start 2-2. Wilder won 7, 9, and 12 with 2 knockdowns. That's 7-5 Fury, 2 knockdowns for Wilder.

Then when you consider 12th round knockdown, maybe a little long to recover after the count. Result seems spot on, no matter the exact cards.

2 of the cats whose opinions I respect the most, 2 of the only people not crying robbery. I feel less crazy.

I was there and had 113-113. I think the first 4 were a lot closer than people are acting like, and really determine your final card. I personally like to score like a human, otherwise we could just use stats.

The anticipation of Wilder's shots, the damage they cause, the amount of energy Fury has to expend avoiding them, controlling the center.. all plays a part for me. And I also like balancing the score early if it's really close, so you don't have a guy winning by getting all the close ones early. So I had 2-2 after 4. And I think 113-113 is the most obvious score when you start 2-2. Wilder won 7, 9, and 12 with 2 knockdowns. That's 7-5 Fury, 2 knockdowns for Wilder.

Then when you consider 12th round knockdown, maybe a little long to recover after the count. Result seems spot on, no matter the exact cards.
It could have gone either way. Fury really wasn't that dominant. Definitely not dominant enough to give up 2 10-8 rounds.

Lots of angry brits is what most of this is.

It could have gone either way. Fury really wasn't that dominant. Definitely not dominant enough to give up 2 10-8 rounds.

It's weird. With 3 obvious Wilder rounds in the 2nd half, you have to give Fury all 6 in the first half to really be convinced of a robbery. The first 4 were razor thin, with Wilder controlling the center and obviously packing the big shot that controls the psychological side, and forces Fury to spend way more energy. How can people be OUTRAGED that someone would give Wilder 2 of those 4?

He threw fewer than 350 punches, was floored twice, and didn't ever clearly hurt Wilder. Pretty damn impressive showing from Fury considering the greater context (coming back from the boozing, doping suspension, and being nearly 400 pounds), but people talking about domination are out of their minds.

He threw fewer than 350 punches, was floored twice, and didn't ever clearly hurt Wilder. Pretty damn impressive showing from Fury considering the greater context (coming back from the boozing, doping suspension, and being nearly 400 pounds), but people talking about domination are out of their minds.
I havent seen anyone saying Fury DOMINATED Wilder. I have seen a lot of posts saying Wilder got outboxed most of the fight. Not dominating. Close but Tyson edged it. In my opinion. Im fine with a draw. Im not sure if theyl rematch or not.

Its taking away from what a good fight it was, IMO.

He doesn't have to dominate rounds, just win them. In order to have a draw you have to give wilder 5 rounds, which rounds were those?

He doesn't have to dominate rounds, just win them. In order to have a draw you have to give wilder 5 rounds, which rounds were those?
I gave him 2 of the first 4, the 2 rounds he scored the KDs in and then I don't recall.

I havent seen anyone saying Fury DOMINATED Wilder. I have seen a lot of posts saying Wilder got outboxed most of the fight. Not dominating. Close but Tyson edged it. In my opinion. Im fine with a draw. Im not sure if theyl rematch or not.
He'll dominate the next one.

The second one will be just like a GGG Canelo 2 or the Ward Kova 2. After two close first fights the much better boxer comes back and wins with ease.

Fury is the much better boxer.

Fury outboxed him for pretty much the whole fight ..

Under what idiotic logic can a fighter outbox his opponent for pretty much a whole fight yet still lose a wide decision? One of the idiot things I have ever read, you are basically accepting Fury won but wont admit it.

Lots of angry brits is what most of this is

Yes because 88% of sherdog and pro fighters who thought Fury wad robbed are all brits.

Back