Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
from boxingscene

[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?
Yes, he deserved the win.
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
176 88.89%

No, the fight was a draw, if not a Wilder win
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
22 11.11%

You'd think the second option would have more votes if it was a CLEAR draw
Similar to on here then where Fury currently has 88.5% of the votes.

Clearly a case of a home town decision.

Fury came in to enemy territory, like he usually does and boxed circles around Wilder who won 4 rounds tops including the knock downs.

Rematch should be in the UK.

The shitty thing with these "draws" though is that they're meant to set up rematches, like with GGG getting robbed vs Canelo. This was a big fight and Joshua hasn't been too eager to leave UK or fight Wilder, so it's probably a rematch.
Ggg won both fights imo

There is a few reasons for this..

Tyson threw less shots landed significantly more that he'd thrown vs deontay. Which means he was doing the much cleaner quality work. % landed to thrown is the big give away. Deontay threw quantity over quality and he does that in order to get a ko. Which he didn't get.

I feel like Deontay has been credited with missing shots and Tyson has been vilified for making him miss. That should Go in Tysons favour. But it clearly hasn't.

You make fair points. So I think we agree that over the majority of the fight Tyson had the cleaner work and outboxed Wilder for the majority of the rounds. What we currently differ on is when Tyson started doing this. From what I saw those early rounds were much closer then they are being made out to be and that Tyson's inactivity picked up later in the fight. Because of Tyson's inactivity it looked like Wilder had more control of those early rounds and was landing the cleaner work though he was also missing shots. So it wasn't vilifying Tyson for making Wilder miss. Also, making a fighter miss a lot is not enough when you are not landing many punches yourself, and this is what looked like hurt Tyson in those early rounds and that's where work rate becomes a key factor. Your points are fair and taken though and I definitely plan to watch this fight again especially paying attention to those early rounds as the fight got much easier to score as it went on.

Last edited:
Define robbery , what do you think robbery is?

Let's 1st get on the same page
A fight where almost 90% of fans thought Fury clearly won by at least 3 rounds, most media outlets who ran live scoring on the fight thought Fury won, and respected professional boxers (like Lennox Lewis and Floyd Mayweather) who spoke out on the decision thought Fury was robbed too. Seems like almost everyone unanimously agrees that Fury won by at least 3 rounds and by clearly being the better technical boxer throughout most of the rounds. I'd say that would constitute a robbery in this case. A lot of the arguments I see on here for Wilder winning are "but he knocked him down twice though" which means that a fair few of the votes against Fury on here are by people who don't actually know how to score boxing, which makes things even worse.

A fight where almost 90% of fans thought Fury clearly won by at least 3 rounds, most media outlets who ran live scoring on the fight thought Fury won, and respected professional boxers (like Lennox Lewis and Floyd Mayweather) who spoke out on the decision thought Fury was robbed too. Seems like almost everyone unanimously agrees that Fury won by at least 3 rounds and by clearly being the better technical boxer throughout most of the rounds. I'd say that would constitute a robbery in this case. A lot of the arguments I see on here for Wilder winning are "but he knocked him down twice though" which means that a fair few of the votes against Fury on here are by people who don't actually know how to score boxing, which makes things even worse.
Define the actual word robbery.

Let's not get emotional here

Just the word

I don't agree that there was nothing wrong with scoring 7 rounds to Wilder, he didn't win 7 rounds.

Think about it this way Wilder already wins four rounds off the two knock down rounds. All some one would have to give him is the nodd in three of the remaining ten rounds. I don't think that is unreasonable given how close some of the rounds were early on.

Define the actual word robbery.

Let's not get emotional here

Just the word
Where are you going with this? Everybody knows the definition of the word robbery, so how does that help? Just get to the point.

115-111 Wilder is a robbery because the intent was to rob Fury of his victory, not to score the fight accurately

115-111 Wilder is a robbery because the intent was to rob Fury of his victory, not to score the fight accurately
He's not asking why it was a robbery but the literal definition of a robbery. He's obviously trying to catch me out on some word play or something. Can't be bothered playing stupid games with the dude. Either he has a point or he doesn't, and if he did he'd have actually made it by now.

He's not asking why it was a robbery but the literal definition of a robbery. He's obviously trying to catch me out on some word play or something. Can't be bothered playing stupid games with the dude. Either he has a point or he doesn't, and if he did he'd have actually made it by now.
yeah I chose NOT to quote him when I said that, I don't want to become the centre of his "point"

Your scoring doesn't make sense. You have it 6 rounds each but Wilder scored two knockdowns which would give him 10-8 rounds. So the score would be 114-112 Wilder.

I'm not counting them as 10-8 rounds as I think they give out 10-8 rounds too easily in boxing and they don't give them out enough in MMA.

With that being said, Wilder unloaded and missed a lot of shots on a wobbly Fury, resulting in him gassing himself out and letting Fury come back. 10-8? No. 10-9? Yes.

113-113 or 114-112 Fury are acceptable answers.

This is why 12 round fights are fucking stupid. Fighters coast through the first 3-4 rounds and then the actual fighting goes on from 4-12. Then everyone wants to get angry whenever they have shit decisions because the fight was based on who landed 1 or 2 more jabs in the early rounds. The early rounds are so subjective and the BT sport commentary was clearly biased for their country man. I give Fury the edge, but I even watched the fight afterwards with zero commentary and its not that bad of decision other then the 115-111.

I am glad that there will be a rematch. Both will make their adjustments.

Back