Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
The reason this decision stings so bad is because of the first fight. It's ridicolous how these two fights have played out. If you're ok or happy with Canelo winning this fight then you should really stop watching boxing or at least stop pretending it has any integrity. Imagine if one of the judges came out with a 118-110 for GGG tonight. Yes. That's how stupid this whole thing was. GGG got conned and robbed, for someone at that age to compete in that way against younger opposition it's clear he dedicated every second of his life to boxing, and boxing just sucker punched him twice. I legit feel sorry for the guy.

THIS IS PRIZE FIGHTING. Look at GGG's face. I'm telling you guys, GGG casuals RUIN GGG. When they make the THIRD FIGHT GGG will lose again at 160. Any other REAL GGG fan want GGG a SHOT TITLE at 168? FFS casuals dont know that DRAINING messes up STRENGTH. GGG cannot HURT a new PRIME Elite who doesnt suffer a DRAIN at 160

Step 1: Take a scorecards
Step 2:
92OLj.png

THIS IS PRIZE FIGHTING. Look at GGG's face. I'm telling you guys, GGG casuals RUIN GGG. When they make the THIRD FIGHT GGG will lose again at 160. Any other REAL GGG fan want GGG a SHOT TITLE at 168? FFS casuals dont know that DRAINING messes up STRENGTH. GGG cannot HURT a new PRIME Elite who doesnt suffer a DRAIN at 160

THIS post HURTS my EYES, brain, SOUL and INTELLECT.
why HAVE you WRITTEN in SUCH a RETARDED way, CASUAL

Jesus Christ, did you see GGG's face after the fight? He was getting smashed, after the 6th round I thought he was going to get KO and then he landed a combination that changed the momentum of the fight.

Overall it was a close fight but you can't expect to win a fight on jabs alone while getting pushed back by the smaller fighter.

He had a few bruises and a cut, big deal. He was not getting smashed, at no point was GGG in any danger, delusional.

Canelo won via majority decision according to the judges at ringside. How did you score the fight? I want to see them face each other a third time.
I had GGG winning rounds 1, 3, 5, 7-10 and the 12th. But I could see it being closer on scorecards, though I still think GGG won, even if closer on others scorecards. Canelo had no answer for the jab, and I feel GGG landed the harder shots, though Canelo landed more volume by a slight margin. I could see this fight being a draw.. more then the first fight.

GGG is a winner but boxing is ridiculous. Canelo was good but GGG was better, simple as that. Few rounds for sure in favour of GGG. Embaressment for sport of boxing! They robbed real example of champion. It was close but they just gave the victory to the wrong man.

Oscar de la Hoya is the biggest crook, real son of a bitch! It was great fight but all this theater after fight make you sick to watch never again this sport just because of scums.

Too close to call imo. Had it 6-6. If I had to make a call I would begrudgingly give it to Alvarez. Gonna need to look at this one a few times to see if my opinion changes.

I had the dude controlling the ring and landing more power punches winning, as opposed to the one walking backwards and jabbing all night because of the pressure.

What really sucks is it takes away from a good fight

Wow I'm surprised it's so heavily leaning towards to GGG. I had GGG 116-112 but it was very close, a lot of the middle rounds could have gone either way. I had GGG winning the last three pretty clearly though.

I dont get it how anyone can score that fight for Alvarez. Really I am at a loss and the commentators during the fight saw that exactly the same. He needed a ko to win going into the 12th. First fight I was ok with the draw. Both had their moments in an equal fight but this time please. GGG dominated from the middle rounds ongoing and outpunched and damaged Canelo.

Fucking judges. This really kills a lot of my interest for watching professional boxing. I do prefer GGG but am not a fanboy at all. Big money fights with a clear crowd / money favourite are just too threatened to get manipulated nowadays.

Regarding the fight: GGG jab is just fantastic. Very impressive again. Also the timing of his right. Canelo fought kind of strange imo. Pressuring GGG in times while getting jabbed to death to the face with less defensive movement then in first fight but when a powershot connected he went back to his high level slip / bob and weave game. Regarding Canelo imo he should have built in much more defensive movements. I get the impression that the limiting factor for that is his conditioning. Still I really like his style. F.e. his sliping the jab to the left with a left uppercut was breathtaking.

GGG started unimpressive and then took control of the fight to not loose it again until the end. Really its just sad with the scoring. Only solution imo is like in Sumo to only allow ex professional fighters to learn scoring and be judges.

Dissapointed to see this "loss" on GGG record and am sorry for him.

I had Golovkin by 8-4. Several of the rounds I awarded to each guy were super close.

The HBO commentary, particularly for the first two thirds of the fight, was a disgrace. They talked as if Canelo was a superhero who was dominating the fight. They continually said that Golovkin was fighting for his career, as if he had looked washed up - and he, not Canelo, was the guy who tested positive. Max repeatedly dismissed the scoring of the rounds by saying that ‘Canelo is winning the story of the fight’ - as if that is a scoring criterion that supplants that of winning rounds. They were just Canelo shills.

It was an awesome fight and I wouldn’t have been displeased with a draw. But, to my mind, Golovkin is now 2-0 vs Canelo. And yet officially he is 0-1-1.

Boxing got the result it wanted, as is so often the case.

$$$$ talks.

The "look at his face argument" should never be used in favour of a fighter winning or losing. Cuts + bruises =/= damage, some people cut and bruise easier than others, that doesn't mean that they are taking meaningful damage as far as a fight goes. Case and point there are plenty of people that have been flatlined by GGG and Canelo who did not have busted faces after the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back