Who destroyed Chris Weidman worse - Luke Rockhold or Yoel Romero?

Well, one was a beating so prolonged that the fight could have been stopped a round earlier. The latter involves being hit so excessively hard that the blow prevented Chris from offering any form resistance. Both beatings are horrific in their own way and Chris was subjected to both.

I'd have to answer your question with another question:

Wat's worse, a drawn out beating or a quicker knockout?

Do people's faces get deformed like that in boxing as easily? Holy shit poor chris. Mma is a fucked up sport haha.

his face/eye seems to have changed after the Yoel knee.

I disagree.

1. Christianity explicitly forbids things like magic, time travel and other New Age thingies etc
2. This photo pre-dates Romero fight
Maribi-cavan-chris-weidman-wedding.jpg

3.This one too
sports_wrest_weidman_c07head72.jpg

4. And that one

Romero couldn't travel through time, due to #1 and there are plenty of pics with Chris from before

Do people's faces get deformed like that in boxing as easily? Holy shit poor chris. Mma is a fucked up sport haha.

Sometimes. The damage might get concentrated on the face. More seasoned boxers utilized the body shots a bit more. Usually, the refs stop the fight before they end up super mauled. Soo, in general, MMA fighters may take more unnecessary damage if anything.

I'm still pissed at him for beating Anderson, so it's been rather pleasant to see people rearrange his face.

Also, the guy had a huge fall from grace since USADA came along, and nobody ever bring this up.

Definitely Rocksalt.

Chris was on top of the world, still champ, still getting that hespect. People were talking about him as the greatest MW ever. He was still thanking Jesus for every victory.

All that shite came to a violent end the moment he decided to throw an ill advised spinning kick. He got muscled to the ground and had it been anyone else and not a title fight, it would have been over. Instead he got another chance but he'd taken so much damage it was no longer a contest.

Yoel might have hit him with an absolute rocket of a knee but Luke took everything, his belt, his perfect record, his invincibility. Ain't nobody calling him the MW GOAT anymore.

Luke gave Weidman a more prolonged whooping where he was almost done in Round 1.

Weidman took Andersons soul, twice.

So salty about it. Delicious.

Rockhold = firebombing of Tokyo

Romero = nuking of Hiroshima

Even though firebombing fucks you up bad and is arguably more cruel, it's much harder to recover from being nuked.
I don't know why I laughed so hard at this. Lol Yoel did Nuke Weidmans face for life it seems.

It was a brutal flying knee vs Yoel but Luke took his soul

rockhold since he was on top beating the shit out of him for minutes, romero just landed the 1 knee.

romero gave weidman a goofy looking eye for life though.

Both were brutal, but I'd have to go with Rockhold since I felt that Weidman was on the way to winning the fight before the big knee occurred.

Back