Who deserves the title shot more, Khabib or Cain?

Squall10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two identical situations are in play:
Both fighters have fought three times in the past 4 years and have nothing booked. And yet when you search their divisions for potential challengers to the throne, they are on the short list competing against one other viable option.

Tferguson and Nate are your alternatives at LW, and Ngannou in the Heavies. At some point in spite of the uncertainty I think Khabib deserves the shot more than Cain. But does Conor's power to choose opponents override that?

Ferguson is waaaay more viable option tan anything at HW

Neither one, in any way shape of form, deserves a TS.

Oh.. incoming tiramisu and healthy sea level jokes all sprinkled with some good internet hate.

Yet they are probably the best fighters in their weight classes.

Khabib:
- undefeated, 24-0, 8-0 in UFC
- wins against Johnson and RDA
- not very reliable, since he pulled out a few times
- Ferguson deserves a title shot more than him

Cain:
- has only one win vs an old Browne, since his loss against Werdum
- one of the best HW
- there aren't many HW who deserve a title shot. Werdum and Reem lost to stipe, Ngannou hasn't fought nobody important

Caïn is a 2 Times champ.

(I think Khabib is the best LW on the planet btw)

Caïn is a 2 Times champ.

(I think Khabib is the best LW on the planet btw)
Bonus points for trying to make Cain look more Mexican. But Khabib is full on Russian so he gets the edge in trying to make the UFC more global.

Khabib:
- undefeated, 24-0, 8-0 in UFC
- wins against Johnson and RDA
- not very reliable, since he pulled out a few times
- Ferguson deserves a title shot more than him

Cain:
- has only one win vs an old Browne, since his loss against Werdum
- one of the best HW
- there aren't many HW who deserve a title shot. Werdum and Reem lost to stipe, Ngannou hasn't fought nobody important
Old Browne is whopping 11 days older than Cain.

Is this a joke?

How the heck do you compare Cain to Habib? Lol

In spite of his inactivity, Cain has actually accomplished something while he was active.

Habib on the other hand is nothing but unactualized projected potential based on a plethora of padded bush league victories.

Last edited:
Cain, but only because of how weak the division is in comparison.

Cat Zingano and Ian McCall deserve one the most.

Robert Whittaker
Santiago Ponzinibbio (good winstreak, clear contender for Woodley over Robbie Lawler)
Tony Ferguson

Khabib is certainly championship level but Ferg is giving him a run for his money and I'm a big Khabib fan and you have Lee, Nate, and Barboza just sprinting for a title shot.

Cain doesn't have the quality win streak but there aren't many people more qualified than him to fight for the HW title. Sure Francis is a hot prospect but in my opinion they are rushing him bad.

If I had to pick, I'd say Cain. And that's coming from a die hard Khabib fan.

Cain should be kept far from the title.

He hasn't even done anything to warrant a shot at it, either way.

He hasn't fought in over a year.

When he did fight, it was a win over Travis Browne, which looks absolutely underwhelming as Travis has been losing to everyone with 4 losses in a row. If he weren't married to Honda, he might actually have been cut after his last fight.

Before that, Cain's last fight was over 2 years ago and it was a loss.

He also said he wasn't planning on fighting this year, either.

Reem and Ngannou are much better choices.

Even though Reem and Stipe recently fought, it was a good fight that could have gone the other way.

Ngannou is an exciting as Hel prospect that would be hard to envisioning a protest if he were booked against Stipe.

Cain says he won't be back until 2018 anyway so he's pretty much off the table as far as the next HW title shot goes (unless Stipe is actually going to wait that long).

Bonus points for trying to make Cain look more Mexican. But Khabib is full on Russian so he gets the edge in trying to make the UFC more global.
Remove the bonus point , wasn't done on purpose.

My auto correct is in french, do weird stuff like that sometimes.

In reality, dagastanians don't consider themselves Russian. Russians don't consider themselves dagastanian. I don't think dagastians are even Slavs. Correct me if I'm wrong but dagastanians are more Turkish than they are Slavic

Back