Who cares if Jones and Anderson were juicing their whole career

Lets say they were, who really cares? Its not like their opponents were all 100% clean anyway. Jones and silva are just better im fairly confident whoever they fought were on something as well so why does it even matter? The UFC was built on PEDS.

Big deal.I honestly give zero shits i really dont care whos juicing and who isnt.
Matt-Hughes.gif

I think you need to distinguish between two distinct era's

Do I have a problem with fighters who were doping in a time when there was virtually no testing, when there was no interest in the sports organisers or oversee'ers in cleaning up the sport and it was a basically a wild-west of ped use? Not so much. Sure, its dissapointing, but honestly, with no out of competition testing, only limited in competition testing, of course people would use ped's. I can understand it.

Do I have a problem with people who have continued to use PED's after the start of the USADA program? After there is an obvious and concerted effort to clean up the sport by both the UFC and commissions? After countless fighters have come out supporting the principle of clean sport? and after many fans have supported the principle of clean sport? Do I have a problem with fighters who even post USADA still think its acceptable to cheat? Fuck yes..

Cheaters are always going to cheat. The clean guys should just say fuck it and start juicing too. Then we'll see who's made of what :)
You say it facetiously but I'm sure plenty of fighters have juiced out of concern that their opponents were doing it. This has been more of a widespread epidemic that some of these holy rollers care to admit. It's a vicious cycle, pun intended.

I personally don't care. Fighters are never on an even playing field even without juice. Fighters in 1st world countries have access to better equipment, supplements and have a better societal infrastructure than fighters in poorer countries.

You just find a way to fight through it.

That's kinda silly, to play that angle, as fighters in 1st world countries also has the acces to the best PED's. So it's not some sort of great equalizer.

No it doesn't. The fact that Vitor and Chael are also proven cheats doesn't mean the rest of his opponents are.

Could Jones have beaten Gus clean, a fight that already balanced on the razors edge? Would he have been strong enough to keep DC from bullying him in the clinch, something that nobody but him has ever achieved? Jon's cardio was insane in both fights, he never slowed down unlike DC, and he had extreme strength.
It doesn't mean none of the others were cheating. Testing was not very stringent through the bulk of their careers. It is very naive to assume that not getting caught during a very lax period in testing means nobody was doing it.

I don’t have any issues with the fighters being on the gear with medical supervision, my problem is now with USADA it’s not a level playing field, it’s either all or none... that’s why IMO they need to ditch USADA and let the athletic commish handle things, that way if they want to juice they can and if not, then that’s the fighters choice. USADA has ruined too many cards and good fights, also there is corruption in USADA as an organization...

Brian Fogel the director of Icarus was on JRE, he was explaining the corruption with the IOC/WADA and how the anti-doping system is all money driven to eliminate competitors for the sole purpose of picking and choosing who or what country gets gold... Russia and Dr. Rodchenkov were the topic of discussion. Point is there will never be a level playing field in sports, as long as there is a means athletes will use them, when you look at the money involved it’s not surprising.

The video is a long watch but it’s eye opening...

Here is a link to the synopsis and the interview in it’s entirety:

http://jrefan.com/the-joe-rogan-experience-episode-1019-with-bryan-fogel/

Here is a link to the documentary “Icarus”

Last edited:
It doesn't mean none of the others were cheating. Testing was not very stringent through the bulk of their careers. It is very naive to assume that not getting caught during a very lax period in testing means nobody was doing it.

Yes but if you could pass the test then your not cheating, plain and simple.

Its like a math kid getting straight A's, and then you find out hes been cheating, your not gonna really consider him a genius mathematician, your gonna think he's a guy who needed to cheat. A cheater

Except for you bozo's who still think hes a great mathematician, i mean still the GOAT.

Prove to me that Gus. And DC are cheating?? You cant because they have passed every single test they recieved.

Yes but if you could pass the test then your not cheating, plain and simple.

Its like a math kid getting straight A's, and then you find out hes been cheating, your not gonna really consider him a genius mathematician, your gonna think he's a guy who needed to cheat. A cheater

This analogy fails unless the numbers and equations on his test were also cheating.
Except for you bozo's who still think hes a great mathematician, i mean still the GOAT.
Nope, GSP is the GOAT. I don't have a dog in the Anderson/Jones argument. Simply pointing out the silliness of your witch hunt.

Prove to me that Gus. And DC are cheating?? You cant because they have passed every single test they recieved.
I can't because it's impossible to retro-actively subject them to USADA testing. You are ignoring how easy it was for fighters to get away with PED cheating back in the day. Silva and Jones did (so by your own admission they weren't cheating since they "passed the test"), as did likely most of their opponents.

Now that they're all subject to the same testing at all times it's puzzling to me that people still claim "everybody's on them". If that's the case then why are some of the biggest names getting caught while other guys pass their tests? I don't yet accept that everybody is on them. It just doesn't make sense. So when I think of guys like Jones and Silva that have made their millions and have the money to buy the top of the line PEDs using them while other guys are working just as hard and not getting the same results because of money it gets me a little perturbed. Nah. No es bueno mis amigos. I like USADA. I hope they stick around and continue to do work.

This analogy fails unless the numbers and equations on his test were also cheating.

Nope, GSP is the GOAT. I don't have a dog in the Anderson/Jones argument. Simply pointing out the silliness of your witch hunt.

I can't because it's impossible to retro-actively subject them to USADA testing. You are ignoring how easy it was for fighters to get away with PED cheating back in the day. Silva and Jones did (so by your own admission they weren't cheating since they "passed the test"), as did likely most of their opponents.

What are you talking about??
DC has passed every *USADA* test as well. He passed the USADA test when he faced JJ's, who failed his USADA test. How do you think this was a fair fight and claim because DC also cheated??.

Let me clarify my stance. If you never failed a test since USADA was implemented "and" your performancd didnt greatly decline ie. Hendricks.

Then i cannot call them a cheater because i have nothing to base it off of.

And please stop with the everybody is on them nonsense. I dont care if you think that, but its hard to have a serious discussion when we pretend like our opinions are factual. You dont know that everybody was on them, the large majority of fighters have passed the same tests that Andy and JJ have failed, so there is no justification to put them all in the same boat.

Last edited:
Lets say they were, who really cares? Its not like their opponents were all 100% clean anyway. Jones and silva are just better im fairly confident whoever they fought were on something as well so why does it even matter? The UFC was built on PEDS.

Big deal.I honestly give zero shits i really dont care whos juicing and who isnt.
Matt-Hughes.gif

Guessing the drug dealers did,

Matt-Hughes.gif
What if the other guys definitively juiced and beat them? lol

The issue isn't really PED-use. It's cheating.

That's why many PRIDE fans can have negative attitudes towards someone caught in the UFC.

Of course, a passed test isn't proof positive of innocence in that regard.

Matt-Hughes.gif

The guys who were clean and lost to them?

You give zero shits. Others care about this.

they were both smug and hypocritical, if they did

People with integrity care. If the roids were legal to take it is a different story, but they are against the rules so it is not fair. They are obviously talented fighters but it taints their legacy

Back