Who cares if Jones and Anderson were juicing their whole career

Everyone should care when it comes to combats sports, Jones and Silva should not be allowed to fight again. But of course both will in time.

Mark Hunt probably fought the most proven-juicers in UFC. He said its unfair.

TS has gone full retard. But he has won a shiny new spot on my ignore list!

Congratulations to TS!

Lets say they were, who really cares? Its not like their opponents were all 100% clean anyway. Jones and silva are just better im fairly confident whoever they fought were on something as well so why does it even matter? The UFC was built on PEDS.

Big deal.I honestly give zero shits i really dont care whos juicing and who isnt.
Matt-Hughes.gif

same.

let em all juice. Just let them bang bro.

Either everyone juices or NO one juices. That's how it should be.

Lets say they were, who really cares? Its not like their opponents were all 100% clean anyway. Jones and silva are just better im fairly confident whoever they fought were on something as well so why does it even matter? The UFC was built on PEDS.

Big deal.I honestly give zero shits i really dont care whos juicing and who isnt.
Matt-Hughes.gif

Then you might not understand how big a difference doping/juicing does.

There are so many benefits to taking steroids/doping - You can train harder and longer. Your injuries heal quicker. You gain more out of your training. And this is why these top tier athletes, in all sports, are willing to do it. They know if they get caught it will cost them deerly, but they still think it is worth it.

I say make it legal and let people juice up and let us see some crazy freak ass monster fights. But untill then, people who take steroids are cheaters, and I have lost all respect for people like Jon Jones and A. Silva. They are great fighters, but fuck 'em.

I do. They are fucking cheaters. If they had not cheated, they might not have won. End of thread.

I wouldnt mind seeing a roided up Mighty Mouse. he 'd be tearing arms off

At the end of the day, fairness matters. I donkt know how many fightets are using, but I hope that USADA catches as many as possible.

It’s a sad reflection on society that people worship cheaters.

Matt-Hughes.gif

Anderson and Jones fan detected

i dont really care, but their opponents probably do.

As long as its in the rules not to do it and one guy heeds that advice it delegitimizes their wins. In all actuallity however most ufc fights are not cheats despite your baseless assumption. Only filthy animals cheat.

People think too much of how unfair it is for a natty fighter to beat up a PED abuser, but the thing is: Even with USADA we are stll not safe from cheating, it just started to be harder. I'd bet my life they can't screen for each and every unnatural source of hormones and such. (And they also have to figure out a way to separate body produced hormones from injected ones)

So it just makes it even less balanced, the reckless fellas that learned how to cheat USADA will have a huge advantage (because the odds of fighting natties went up), otherwise everybody would do their own stuff and nobody's fault.

I know the perfect world solution would be banishing all PEDs, but it's a losing game. Like the war on drugs, have you guys every considered how [not] close are we now from completely banishing Marijuana from Earth in comparison to 10, 20 or 30 years ago?

I'd also bet that a lot of fighters already got away with murder on USADA era and we have no clue.

you might be watching the wrong entertainment. if you like watching steroid freaks fight each other, crawl back to professional wrestling.

I personally don't care. Fighters are never on an even playing field even without juice. Fighters in 1st world countries have access to better equipment, supplements and have a better societal infrastructure than fighters in poorer countries.

You just find a way to fight through it.

I would care more if it could be proved Jones and Anderson were extreme cases that were using PEDs at a higher rate relative to other fighters. I'm not as inclined to be up in arms about individuals who are using since I'm under no illusions that fighters who are passing tests are unanimously squeaky clean. There does need to be realism about what happens in pretty much any sport past the "everyone's a winner and gets pizza and medals and a party after the game" level and so in most cases I'm not sure of the wisdom of outright condemning any fighter if it was known they took an unnatural substance at one point. I do think that Jones and Anderson are likely extreme cases we should know about and Sonnen had a fair point when he argued that Jones Cormier 2 could be considered legit assault given how many more substances Jones was likely taking. So I do think in that situation it makes sense to not close our eyes to it.

Matt-Hughes.gif
Jon's sherdog account confirmed.

Jones and Silva care.According to them,they are clean.So if they care to be clean fighters,maybe their fans should care too.

Back