Who care about the interim title at 155

I'm interested in the fight, I'm ok with it being a title eliminator. They don't need to make it an interim belt, but this is how desperate they are. They'll do anything to try to get that 1 or 2 extra PPV buys.
The UFC are just covering their arses. If Conor comes back at 170 vs Diaz again then they can give Conor's title to whoever has the interim. Similar situation at MW, if Bisping beats GSP and then retires, Robert Whittaker becomes the full champ.

The alternative is having 2 guys fighting for the full belt and they aren't gonna do that to their cash cow.

It's all bullshit, Mcgregor is still the champ and no one want to see lee or ferguson wearing the strap before they got another good win maybe a #1 countender fight but now more

Yes, no one wants to see an interim belt but when the top fighters are refusing to fight because the title holder isnt defending the belt then you have to make an interim to please them. Its unfair that the top contenders cant make championship money because the ufc cant get conor to defend.

They have no idea when Conor comes back so they need an interm belt.

It's okay! Tony deserved that interim belt! Who cares! Conor will fight him eventually! Lees a joke!

It's all bullshit, Mcgregor is still the champ and no one want to see lee or ferguson wearing the strap before they got another good win maybe a #1 countender fight but now more
The champ who won't defend his title. He has had it for over 10 months and has no fight on tap. It should be stripped unless he books a fight with a top contender. Ditto Bisping.

I don't mind the interim title because, at the least, it means they are receiving a title shot. Mcgregor doesn't seem interested in defending the belt against a top contender and would rather do other matchups anyways. The division needs to move forward.

This fight is awesome.. McGregor may still be the champ but he needs to defend or he is forfeiting yet another championship title without ever defending.

Like Cruz said, defending is the hard part, that's where all the pressure is on you

If a champ is healthy and doesn't fight a top contender in 1 year he should be stripped no questions asked.

Doesnt change the fact that he got his shot after beating Siver who magically jumped in rankings

That being said he made the most of it

Beating Siver didn't get him his shot specifically, it was just a matter of feeling he had run through enough guys in general with ease that maybe it was time to pit him against Aldo.

Tony deserves a title shot vs the champ. We all know why that hasn't happened (thanks Floyd). So it's in the best interest of the division, to keep the top fighters fighting one another. As for a title eliminator, I see why some people say why Lee is in a Title fight of any kind is not fair. All arguments aside I like tony. Lee is a hungry, sharp, young fighter with some serious skills. Kevin also came on and talked to us live durning a busy time in his camp I think, anyways he seemed like a down to earth cool dude, who spent some time with us fans etc.

3eYmJ_s-200x150.gif
@datfnguy tell me I'm I being trolled with this ^^^ AWOL Champ while on pregnancy leave takes up a part time earns a few 100 mill, and guys grinding holding down a popping hot division while the champ gallivants doing what he likes; and this vet date here thinks grinders like Ferguson/Lee wouldn't be taken serious as a interim champ?

Trolled or not I would take both men as interim champ and more until the True Champ like a champ defends his belt and unifies..

@Hardcor'O'Death if you trolling you did good, you got me good. If not you too old to think this way C'Mon Man....

I care about it because Ferguson is the most entertaining UFC fighter.
giphy.gif

wp-1449871615644.gif

fergason-darce.gif

aXdvA_s-200x150.gif
↑↑↑ That's some creative rolling Conor would get the spins trying to follow all that action. It's no wonder he's crying for Nate don't have worry about them Boogeyman moves...

Ferguson not deserving? He’s more qualified than Conor....

The UFC are just covering their arses. If Conor comes back at 170 vs Diaz again then they can give Conor's title to whoever has the interim. Similar situation at MW, if Bisping beats GSP and then retires, Robert Whittaker becomes the full champ.

The alternative is having 2 guys fighting for the full belt and they aren't gonna do that to their cash cow.

no the alternative is having a title eliminator and if somehow Conor leaves, they can have Tony vs Khabib for the belt

You probably feel as if Conor is still the FW champ to, don't you?

I used to be against interim title fights but I am treating this like the actual LW title fight because your little four leaf clover doesn't defend belts.

At least they could call it the silver belt

Gold:Bisping
Silver:Whittaker

Gold:Mcgregor
Silver:Ferguson or Lee

You probably feel as if Conor is still the FW champ to, don't you?

I used to be against interim title fights but I am treating this like the actual LW title fight because your little four leaf clover doesn't defend belts.
Sorry i'm not a fan of Mcgregor but i had to admit that i doesn't give credit to interim belt . I wouldn't give any championship credit to Ferguson/Lee or Whittaker as long they beat the champ even if they are on great great great streak

Sorry i'm not a fan of Mcgregor but i had to admit that i doesn't give credit to interim belt . I wouldn't give any championship credit to Ferguson/Lee or Whittaker as long they beat the champ even if they are on great great great streak
Why do you give credit to the main belt if it's held by someone that won't defend it?
just switch the belts around in your mind so you now recognise the real champion

Back