Who can beat Youssef Boughanem?

Phetmorakot putting some weight beat him,yodwicha anytime..

at which weight did Phetmorakot fight at the last Phoenix event? Looked big.

at which weight did Phetmorakot fight at the last Phoenix event? Looked big.
149 lbs,still far from the 160 Youssef is fighting but they could make this fight on 154-156,i think Phet can do this weight, as an elite clincher into this weight range he would clinchrape Youssef

149 lbs,still far from the 160 Youssef is fighting but they could make this fight on 154-156,i think Phet can do this weight, as an elite clincher into this weight range he would clinchrape Youssef
you are correct. Also anytime youseff faces a good clincher it usually leads to his corner throwing in the towel for a "shoulder injury". Also the success that yodpayak had against him still proves to me he will never beat a real elite fighter and when he can't walk forward and use his size he looks kind of lost in the ring

Take this fight vs thongchai for instance

Maybe if you erase everything before he started fighting at 160 because before that he lost to every good Thai he faced. Plus they guys he is beating for these titles are not very good and are most are not really in his weight class to top it off.

I only caught up to him in the last couple years but true his win list isn't very impressive (for a top fighter). His accomplishments on paper are though and the competition for goat farang is erratic. How about Umeno? <Wink>
Tenshin?

^Toshio Fujiwara gets hailed by many as the greatest Japanese nak muay, being the first non Thai ever to win a Bangkok stadium title.

If Tenshin isn’t already a greater nak muay than Umeno, he will be if he beats Rodtang in June.

^Toshio Fujiwara gets hailed by many as the greatest Japanese nak muay, being the first non Thai ever to win a Bangkok stadium title.

If Tenshin isn’t already a greater nak muay than Umeno, he will be if he beats Rodtang in June.
What is his record under muay thai rules?

Umeno has beaten Muangthai and Yodlekpet, and has a handful of decent wins besides.

the muangthai win must have slipped my mind. was mainly basing this off Rodtang performance today against Rotlek, who beat Umeno pretty handily.

Is there any way I can get an easy way to view a lot of Youssef's fights in order? I must sheepishly admit that I wasn't too aware of him until he made history, now I need to catch up!

I think he fought at 158 sometime in the last year.

Last time he fought at 158 his vs Armen PETROSYAN at Monaco, more than two years ago.

I talk with the boss of top king world series, few weeks ago, he are ready to make Tpkws VS Phoenix, and in conclusion Yodwicha vs Youssef but at the maximum weight of 71, not fair for Youssef because he his the actual champion and my opinion is he dont have to give advantage to any opponent.

Is there any way I can get an easy way to view a lot of Youssef's fights in order? I must sheepishly admit that I wasn't too aware of him until he made history, now I need to catch up!
Its never that easy, but you should be able to find most by googling them and then sorting through the google results.

Depends on the ruleset but I think Chingiz Allazov and Marat Grigorian beat him.

Its never that easy, but you should be able to find most by googling them and then sorting through the google results.

Cheers, I wish Muay Thai was compiled more often, I genuinely find it easier to keep up with Lethwei of all things haha

Check his wiki page then search for the fights on youtube. I don't think his fights are usually very pleasant to watch though. Watch this one and soldier through the rest at your own risk!

Check his wiki page then search for the fights on youtube. I don't think his fights are usually very pleasant to watch though. Watch this one and soldier through the rest at your own risk!

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youssef_Boughanem I found his wikipedia page on the french wiki, for anyone who was like me wondering why he didn't have an English one.

Thanks for the video!

EDIT:

Watching that fight I can't help but notice that's the second time I've seen Youssef throw his opponent out of the ring... wassup wid dat?

Last edited:
Watching that fight I can't help but notice that's the second time I've seen Youssef throw his opponent out of the ring... wassup wid dat?

dangerous and dirty, but if he can why should he not?

dangerous and dirty, but if he can why should he not?

I started watching lots of his fights, and he at least attempts it in every single fight. I'm just surprised because it is illegal, and you'd think the referees would pull him up on it when he's known for doing it. I get why he does it if no one is stopping him, but I'm more thinking 'why is nobody stopping him?'

I started watching lots of his fights, and he at least attempts it in every single fight. I'm just surprised because it is illegal, and you'd think the referees would pull him up on it when he's known for doing it. I get why he does it if no one is stopping him, but I'm more thinking 'why is nobody stopping him?'

I had no idea it was illegal, he should definitely get penalized then as it's quite dangerous.

I had no idea it was illegal, he should definitely get penalized then as it's quite dangerous.

I asked on Sylvie von Duuglas-Ittu's patreon group, and apparently it's not illegal to throw someone out of the ring, but the referees do try to break it up before it happens

Back