Who can beat Ortega's BJJ game at FW?

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
Only two guys I can think of are Charles Oliveira and Ricardo Lamas. (both black belts)

Charles Oliveira is great with his submission offense, BUT his defense is not that great he got submitted by Pettis and Lamas. Plus to that he can not make FW limit anymore.

Ricardo Lamas is great with sub offense, AND is also great at defending chokes. So Ortega vs Lamas interests me the most.

Anybody else who comes to mind?

Charles submission offense is really great but as you said his defense its not that good and i would love to see that fight even in a BJJ match . Lamas BJJ is good but not Ortega level.

Beat it? Tbh nobody

Nullify it? A good wrestler like Edgar or Mendes could, or someone as well rounded as Aldo

Conor after a month of intense training with Dildo Anus. Ok, maybe not.

Styles make fights and I wouldnt count out anybody you mentioned vs Brian.

Lamas is very tough and solid on the ground. His coach in Miami is a stud of a grappler, Valverde, the dude is like 180-190lbs and won ADCC in his weight and in the open class subbing Vinny M. I went and trained there back when it was Nogs gym (same coaching staff).

Max will punch the bjj out of him tonight.

Only two guys I can think of are Charles Oliveira and Ricardo Lamas. (both black belts)

Charles Oliveira is great with his submission offense, BUT his defense is not that great he got submitted by Pettis and Lamas. Plus to that he can not make FW limit anymore.

Ricardo Lamas is great with sub offense, AND is also great at defending chokes. So Ortega vs Lamas interests me the most.

Anybody else who comes to mind?
Ummm umm... kron gracie

People seem to forget that Thiago Tavares was outgrappling and controlling Ortega until Ortega made his usual comeback. Ortega is not some unstoppable BJJ guy. He has amazing submissions though.

Aldo could stifle his game. I don’t think Ortega could get him down or hold him down.

Kron? but that doesn't matter if he can't strike

eddie "banned from instagram" bravo

Lamas BJJ is good but not Ortega level.
Sure, but if his sub defense game is good enough, he would be able to survive if fight goes to the ground. In stand up Ortega tends to lose the striking battles.

Back