Who can beat Khabib?

I was explaining the motivation...

The motivation for the attack is not some mysterious well guarded secret that requires expounding upon. The motivations were patently clear so an attempt at explaining it is just an exercise in redundancy. It's pretty apparent to most people.

Have to truly understand both perspectives. It’s cultural sensitivity in practice not just pretending to be “woke”. Just taking the American/western perspective is just as dumb as saying Khabib was justified.

We understand both cultural perspectives, whilst still affirming our statement that when you're in America, it's the American culture that takes precedence over some feudal culture you may be accustomed to. The burden of cultural sensitivity is on you now. You need to be "sensitive" to American culture and the American constitution if you are in America. If your culture is in diametric conflict with the culture of the United States of America, either you temporarily amend your culture when in the US or alternatively stay out of the USA altogether. There's nothing myopic about this viewpoint.

You seem to be missing the crux of the argument, when you're in Rome, you do as the Romans do. The cultural perspectives are well understood, and this is the subsequent statement:
If Khabib has trouble disassociating himself from his Russian culture or his thin skin to scathing personal criticism whilst in America, then he might be better off fighting in M1 global or similar.

Last edited:
I think Tony and Poirier would get taken down with ease. Tony often finds himself in compromising positions on the ground against guys who are far less of grapplers than Khabib. I fail to see how Poirier would be any better than Conor.

I think Kevin Lee is the best bet. Really shocked Khabib has been so dominant with his one dimensional style. I thought sooner or later he would get subbed from bottom against a strong BJJ guy or lit up on the feet before getting a takedown. I suppose those things could still happen though.

You guys don't think Ortega can get the sweep or attack subs with his bottom game?

Honestly I just forgot that Ortega was 155 and not 145.

My biggest concern with the grappling of guys like Ortega or Ferguson are they excel at front headlock attacks. Khabib doesn't shoot in a typical way that allows for him to get caught up in those darces or guillotines or even front headlock control in general. But yeah I'd love to see those fights.

The motivation for the attack is not some mysterious well guarded secret that requires expounding upon. The motivations were patently clear so an attempt at explaining it is just an exercise in redundancy. It's pretty apparent to most people.

We understand both cultural perspectives, whilst still affirming our statement that when you're in America, it's the American culture that takes precedence over some feudal culture you may be accustomed to. The burden of cultural sensitivity is on you now. You need to be "sensitive" to American culture and the American constitution if you are in America. If your culture is in diametric conflict with the culture of the United States of America, either you temporarily amend your culture when in the US or alternatively stay out of the USA altogether. There's nothing myopic about this viewpoint.

You seem to be missing the crux of the argument, when you're in Rome, you do as the Romans do. The cultural perspectives are well understood, and this is the subsequent statement:
I’m not missing the crux of anything dude, I just find it amusing you are giving the “Roman” argument if you actually understand the way someone like that thinks and sees the world.

Imagine if Fedor did the same thing as Khabib because his opponent made fun of Jesus prior to the fight. People would be outrage at him and no one would sympathize with him. It’s a double standard.

basically people r so afraid of upsetting muslims like southpark and family guy have shown god jjesus many times making fun of them but cant even showwww a pic of Muhammad whom wasnt even a god just a normal average guy lol but people are to chicken shit to stand up n say this is bullshit

Honestly I just forgot that Ortega was 155 and not 145.

My biggest concern with the grappling of guys like Ortega or Ferguson are they excel at front headlock attacks. Khabib doesn't shoot in a typical way that allows for him to get caught up in those darces or guillotines or even front headlock control in general. But yeah I'd love to see those fights.

khabib has a massive head and kurt angle neck as well they say at aka nobody can get a front headlock or snapdown on khabib he takes that as a pride thing that noboody can snap his head down i doubt that if guys like luke rockhold and dc cant snap his head down that nobody at 155 there can

basically people r so afraid of upsetting muslims like southpark and family guy have shown god jjesus many times making fun of them but cant even showwww a pic of Muhammad whom wasnt even a god just a normal average guy lol but people are to chicken shit to stand up n say this is bullshit
Exactly...
All the non muslin people that sympathize with Khabib, would shame Fedor if he ever acted like a fucking lunatic like Khabib.

Imagine if Fedor did the same thing as Khabib because his opponent made fun of Jesus prior to the fight. People would be outrage at him and no one would sympathize with him. It’s a double standard.

I don't know if it's really about Islam or Christianity. I think it's more an issue of third world vs first world mentality. Fedor and other Christian Russians would probably respond the same way to personal attacks.

Ben Askren explains that this is usual behavior at almost every Russian wrestling tournament. Basically they have very thin skin in the third world.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IfvhAGB7M

Last edited:
1) Ferguson. I believe Tony wins this.

2) Lee. Someone needs to put Khabib on his back. He can’t take anyone down if he is pinned to the floor. Forget avoiding the takedown. Wrestle him first.

3) Father Time, the undefeated and undisputed champion of every division. His instrument might one day be Gregor Gillespie, depending on how things play out with him and how long Khabib sticks around.

1.I think Tony loses. He finds himself in bad grappling position alot of times.

2. Kevin Lee has a strong chance.

3. Gillespie is also older than Khabib, so if it's father time that beats Khabib, it beats Gillespie as well.

All the brawl and WWE style chaos seems to be part of the UFC right now.

Ryan Hall needs to finally go to his senses, TRT his way up to 155 and restore the glory of sport BJJ.

glory of sport BJJ.

pick one of those things

heheheheheheh

For reals though, didn't Ryan Hall disavow sport BJJ after becoming disillusioned with it? I'd say he's the least likely to be the champion of sport BJJ.

Who is the current/future subject of the sport BJJ prayer vigils?

For reals though, didn't Ryan Hall disavow sport BJJ after becoming disillusioned with it? I'd say he's the least likely to be the champion of sport BJJ.
Who is the current/future subject of the sport BJJ prayer vigils?

Ryan Hall was super annoyed at the stalling in IBJJF and considers the sub only movement super stupid but his fighting style is all the things the self defence morons and mma meatheads complained about. He even uses sport karate and tkd in the standup.
I don't think modernish sport BJJ has anyone else representing it right now in the UFC. Ben Askren had a sport bjj/wrestling hybrid (Askren was passing guard like it was 3 points) style while in Belator but he changed it and is now retired.
Davi Ramos/Lovato/Rodolfo have potential but I'm not sure how truly sport BJJ centric they are.

I don't know if it's really about Islam or Christianity. I think it's more an issue of third world vs first world mentality. Fedor and other Christian Russians would probably respond the same way to personal attacks.

Ben Askren explains that that this is usual behavior at almost every Russian wrestling tournament. Basically they have very thin skin in the third world.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IfvhAGB7M
Lol at least my impression of what type of socio-economic background you are and your age roughly just got confirmed lol.

It’s not about “thin skin” and it’s not a “third world thing” though the attitudes and mentality involved usually are seen where you see poverty, regardless of the country. The simplest way to explain it is that in those types of environments.. actions and what you say have consequences, you are held accountable as a man

The Russian wrestling stuff isn’t about “sport” or “dissing/trash talk” in the way Khabib/Conor stuff was.. it’s about deeply rooted ethnic, tribal, linguistic and even sectarian rivalries and conflict.. that go back minimum to Stalins era if not centuries more..

And talking about how Khabib “needs to be checked” and the reasons you are giving for that.. can’t be said without also applying that standard to Conor.. or Dillon Danis..

Again, should Khabib have more self control.. no duh. But I at least can understand and acknowledge why Khabib did that. I can’t have respect for someone like Conor at all for both resorting to that type of insult, giving that type of insult only because he knows he’s “safe” and for throwing the first punch in the melee but not having the balls to own it.

And again, you can do your little “do as the Romans do” point, but Danis is both a punk and stupid for telling someone like Khabib to “come here”

Who the hell can beat Khabib? The guy is looking invincible and after his team's antics yesterday, I want a loss on his record so he can be checked a bit. Also I haven't forgotten his prior disrespect to BJJ.

My two frontrunners are Kevin Lee and maybe Ortega. Unfortunately, I think Tony gets wrassled.
The athletic commission will defeat Khabib. As far as fighters go, I think Tony has a good chance.

Lol at least my impression of what type of socio-economic background you are and your age roughly just got confirmed lol.

You are hysterical. I suggest you adequately respond to my previous post before attempting a new argument.

No need to harbour impressions about me. You can ask me. I'm upper middle class and 28 years old.

It’s not about “thin skin” and it’s not a “third world thing” though the attitudes and mentality involved usually are seen where you see poverty, regardless of the country. The simplest way to explain it is that in those types of environments.. actions and what you say have consequences, you are held accountable as a man

"What you say has consequences". You mention this as if it's some sort of axiom. That's a social construct, not an axiomatic law of nature. The only reason what you say has consequences is because you as a third world citizen with limited self control believe it should have consequences. Another Eg: criticize the government and you disappear=what you say has consequences.

Ofcourse it's about thin skins in the third world. Someone mentions something about your creed, sexuality, country or family, your immediate reaction is to assault them. I can't think of anything more thin skinned and also an explicit example of a deep seated sense of insecurity. It's the insecurity in yourself, insecurity in your beliefs etcetra that drives this type of reaction. In the developed world, someone says something about your creed or your appearance or sexuality, you say haha, good for you mate, your opinion means jack shit to me and go about your happy day.

The Russian wrestling stuff isn’t about “sport” or “dissing/trash talk” in the way Khabib/Conor stuff was.. it’s about deeply rooted ethnic, tribal, linguistic and even sectarian rivalries and conflict..that go back minimum to Stalins era if not centuries more..
Yes and it's their thin skins, poor self control and elevated insecurity that keeps them there in that Stalin era. Most countries have tribal, linguistic and sectarian differences ESPECIALLY the USA. However their psychological development and sophistication as a society enables them to coexist in some more or less peaceful manner or atleast hold a wrestling tournament without the necessity of mass brawls and gunshots required.

And talking about how Khabib “needs to be checked” and the reasons you are giving for that.. can’t be said without also applying that standard to Conor.. or Dillon Danis..

Lol, you can't go a paragraph without mentioning Conor. Conor is not a God for me in the way you think he might be. Conor has already been checked. He lost. He's been checked by Nate as well. Now I want Khabib checked.

Again, should Khabib have more self control.. no duh. But I at least can understand and acknowledge why Khabib did that.
Yes, I understand and acknowledge it as well. It comes from a lack of psychological coping mechanisms to deal with direct personal criticism.

Last edited:
You are hysterical. I suggest you adequately respond to my previous post before attempting a new argument.

No need to harbour impressions about me. You can ask me. I'm middle class and 28 years old.

"What you say has consequences". You mention this as if it's some sort of axiom. That's a social construct, not an axiomatic law of nature. The only reason what you say has consequences is because you as a third world citizen with limited self control believe it should have consequences. Another Eg: criticize the government and you disappear=what you say has consequences.

Ofcourse it's about thin skins in the third world. Someone mentions something about your creed, sexuality, country or family, your immediate reaction is to assault them. I can't think of anything more thin skinned and also an explicit example of a deep seated sense of insecurity. It's the insecurity in yourself, insecurity in your beliefs etcetra that drives this type of reaction. In the developed world, someone says something about your creed or your appearance or sexuality, you say haha, good for you mate, your opinion means jack shit to me and go about your happy day.

Yes and it's their thin skins, poor self control and elevated insecurity that keeps them there in that Stalin era. Most countries have tribal, linguistic and sectarian differences ESPECIALLY the USA. However their psychological development and sophistication as a society enables them to coexist in some more or less peaceful manner or atleast hold a wrestling tournament without the necessity of mass brawls and gunshots required.

Lol, you can't go a paragraph without mentioning Conor. Conor is not a God for me in the way you think he might be. Conor has already been checked. He lost. He's been checked by Nate as well. Now I want Khabib checked.

Yes, I understand and acknowledge it as well. It comes from a place of insecurity and a lack of psychological coping mechanisms to deal with direct personal criticism.
The point flew over your head. I have addressed your arguments. You choose not to agree with them. That’s fine.

*my guess about your age and socio-economic status was correct btw

I have addressed your arguments. You choose not to agree with them. That’s fine.
Shockingly civil. I would have thought you would atleast want to hold me physically accountable for my words. It's like words have no consequences anymore. What is this World even coming to.

*my guess about your age and socio-economic status was correct btw
Great.

Back