Who can beat Khabib?

colbys about the size of

tonys about the size of tony ferg believe it or not he walks around at 187 or so he was barely larger than rda he is pretty tall but he isnt thick not alot of muscle mass

idk khabib has had sooooooo much experience with hundreds of sambo fights which is basically mma 26 pro mma fights idk why he gassed himself so early as conor did ever really explode much on bottom to try to get back up maybe during his gnp exchange in round 2 which tbh i think they should have stopped it then as conor wasnt defending himself at all

I call it adrenaline dump, too much exitement probably with finishing the fight and conor got away... it was an special fight for him. He has never shown gas problems in the past.

well if that was the only time id not be worried but vs al he did kinda the same thing shooting from way far away doing freestyle wrestling shots the problem in mma is when you are the champ everyone studies you religiously to come up with gameplans to beta you gsp was just so damn good at mixing it up and game planning that he always stayed on top of his competition everyone knows of khabibs hail mary singles well see though i like khabib alot im not dissing him but i wana see him be more like gsp in his approach i think he will have to to truly be the goat

well if that was the only time id not be worried but vs al he did kinda the same thing shooting from way far away doing freestyle wrestling shots the problem in mma is when you are the champ everyone studies you religiously to come up with gameplans to beta you gsp was just so damn good at mixing it up and game planning that he always stayed on top of his competition everyone knows of khabibs hail mary singles well see though i like khabib alot im not dissing him but i wana see him be more like gsp in his approach i think he will have to to truly be the goat

Have you seen him gassed before?

Kevin Lee
Tony Ferguson
Brian Ortega
Demian Maia
Ben Askren
Tyron Woodley
GSP
Dillon Danis

Not really interested in a political argument but Its America Bro. The laws are a bit different in USA. You can say whatever you like. First amendment, read it. There are no hate speech laws in USA.

I don’t feel like you are responding to what I said. I wasn’t talking about the legality of what happened at all. What Khabib did was totally illegal, and would have been with or without the first amendment.

What I’m saying is I don’t think Khabib needs to be checked , I think unprovoked he wouldn’t have such outbursts.

again i think he
Have you seen him gassed before?
somewhat was vs al as he slowed down a lot after round 1 and 2 even though he won everyone talked about him not doing as wellcardio wise as the fight before

I don’t feel like you are responding to what I said. I wasn’t talking about the legality of what happened at all. What Khabib did was totally illegal, and would have been with or without the first amendment.

What I’m saying is I don’t think Khabib needs to be checked , I think unprovoked he wouldn’t have such outbursts.

That's not really an excuse that's going to hold water for me. In that case he needs to grow a thicker skin, and I'm a Muslim myself.

Sonnen criticized Anderson's Silvas Brazil as a third world backward nation and spoke about Anderson's wife, Anderson didn't attack anyone. Conor absolutely gave a tongue lashing to Aldo, he didn't attack anyone. Conor called Poirier a hillbilly kid born in a fair. Frankly, being "provoked" doesn't really work for me.

He also attempted to physically confront Artem for talking about him. So there is a repeated pattern of attacking or assaulting people for spoken word. I understand that might be appropriate response in Russia, but it's just not going to fly in the West.

Dude needs to be checked.

Last edited:
Also I haven't forgotten his prior disrespect to BJJ.

Isn't Khabib more of a BJJer than Conor, I see a lot of pictures of Khabib in BJJ gyms while Conor is fencing with pool noodles in the park.

Isn't he just trying to create drama to sell tickets?

That's everyone's go-to, but unlike WWE performers, fighters generally aren't good actors, especially right after 3.5 rounds. When these things are done deliberately, it's usually obvious and painfully awkward.

These are by-and-large agressive young men who have achieved a decent amount of money, prestige, and notoriety. Like many other professional athletes, they tend to go off the rails if not carefully kept in line. Unlike most professional sports organizations, though, the UFC doesn't take any effort to prevent or mitigate these outbursts.

That's not really an excuse that's going to hold water for me. In that case he needs to grow a thicker skin, and I'm a Muslim myself.

Sonnen criticized Anderson's Silvas Brazil as a third world backward nation and spoke about Anderson's wife, Anderson didn't attack anyone. Conor absolutely gave a tongue lashing to Aldo, he didn't attack anyone. Conor called Poirier a hillbilly kid born in a fair. Frankly, being "provoked" doesn't really work for me.

He also attempted to physically confront Artem for talking about him. So there is a repeated pattern of attacking or assaulting people for spoken word. I understand that might be appropriate response in Russia, but it's just not going to fly in the West.

The part of the world Khabib is from is a little more.. rough. Period, not just “for Russia”. Things like blood vendetta and blood feud are thing a thing. Where if one is going to say certain things, there will be consequences. I know that’s a novel concept if you grew up sheltered in the west, but there are places where what you say can have consequences beyond a protest, boycott or litigation.

Where punk posturing better be backed up, Conor and his pose repeatedly have gone beyond basic trash talk and done things pretending to be hard or touching etc. In a way that shows they are only doing it because they know they’ll be protected not because they are ready for the potential consequences. When Danis told Khabib to “come here” after the fight.. he was doing it for show and to put on social media. Not because he was ready to actually go

And this whole “Khabib needs to be checked” hmm well Conor has jumped into the cage and assaulted a fighter who beat one of his teammates ass fair and square in a fight. Conor has repeatedly gone beyond basic trash talk and done things like touch people or grab things. Conor threw a tantrum and threw a hand dolly at a bus.. causing permanent damage to at lest one fighter and potentially ruining multiple careers just on the top of the list for that incident. Oh and the new film shows Conor throwing the first punch after the main event..

Conor is the rich kid that bullies you and if you fight back, he runs back to his daddy and has your parents sued. Khabib is the dude that leaves you alone but gets into a lot of fights at school. Give me latter over the former.

Of course Khabib shouldn’t have done that after but don’t get it twisted or pretend Conor is different than what you are protraying Khabib as

EDIT: I’ll also add that if Conor spent less time talking trash and cheating during fights he’d have more cardio

1) Ferguson. I believe Tony wins this.

2) Lee. Someone needs to put Khabib on his back. He can’t take anyone down if he is pinned to the floor. Forget avoiding the takedown. Wrestle him first.

3) Father Time, the undefeated and undisputed champion of every division. His instrument might one day be Gregor Gillespie, depending on how things play out with him and how long Khabib sticks around.

The part of the world Khabib is from is a little more.. rough. Period, not just “for Russia”. Things like blood vendetta and blood feud are thing a thing. Where if one is going to say certain things, there will be consequences. I know that’s a novel concept if you grew up sheltered in the west, but there are places where what you say can have consequences beyond a protest, boycott or litigation.

Lol, right. Unfortunately for Khabib, he is fighting in America, at an American organisation regulated by an American commission bound by the American constitution protected by the complete might of the American government(much stronger than any tough man gang in Eastern Europe mind you). I understand blood fueds might be acceptable in Russia or Dagestan, but as I stated, this doesn't fly in America. When you're in Rome, you're compelled to do as the Romans do.

And this whole “Khabib needs to be checked” hmm well Conor has jumped into the cage and assaulted a fighter who beat one of his teammates ass fair and square in a fight. Conor has repeatedly gone beyond basic trash talk and done things like touch people or grab things. Conor threw a tantrum and threw a hand dolly at a bus.. causing permanent damage to at lest one fighter and potentially ruining multiple careers just on the top of the list for that incident. Oh and the new film shows Conor throwing the first punch after the main event..

Lol. Is this a serious comment? You've employed a classical logical fallacy referred to as the tu qouque fallacy. Basically it's a flaw in reasoning ability and a defect in dialectical logic. Nowhere have I mentioned Conor or even support of Conor or condonement of any behavior. Conor was not even mentioned anywhere in the thread. Not only that but your attempt at making Conor analogous to a rich kid that sues you is simply false and has no basis in reality. I don't recall McGregor ever suing, reporting or attempting to direct institutional power against anyone ever, but that's a digression.

I was supporting Khabib during this fight, so a Conor argument has no relevance to me, but my point is simple really, if Khabib has trouble disassociating himself from his Russian or Dag "blood fued" culture or his thin skin to scathing personal criticism, than he might be better off fighting in M1 global or similar. He's going to have real issues keeping a lid on things if he comes up against someone like Colby Covington.

Dude needs to be checked. I would prefer it to be in the cage as opposed to a lengthy suspension and/or visa issues from a government entity.

Last edited:

Imagine if Fedor did the same thing as Khabib because his opponent made fun of Jesus prior to the fight. People would be outrage at him and no one would sympathize with him. It’s a double standard.

1) Ferguson. I believe Tony wins this.

2) Lee. Someone needs to put Khabib on his back. He can’t take anyone down if he is pinned to the floor. Forget avoiding the takedown. Wrestle him first.

3) Father Time, the undefeated and undisputed champion of every division. His instrument might one day be Gregor Gillespie, depending on how things play out with him and how long Khabib sticks around.

Ferguson can win if he can get Khabib tired. Otherwise he loses this.

Lol, right. Unfortunately for Khabib, he is fighting in America, at an American organisation regulated by an American commission bound by the American constitution protected by the complete might of the American government(much stronger than any tough man gang in Eastern Europe mind you). I understand blood fueds might be acceptable in Russia or Dagestan, but as I stated, this doesn't fly in America. When you're in Rome, you're compelled to do as the Romans do.

Lol. Is this a serious comment? You've employed a classical logical fallacy referred to as the tu qouque fallacy. Basically it's a flaw in reasoning ability and a defect in dialectical logic. Nowhere have I mentioned Conor or even support of Conor or condonement of any behavior. Conor was not even mentioned anywhere in the thread. Not only that but your attempt at making Conor analogous to a rich kid that sues you is simply false and has no basis in reality. I don't recall McGregor ever suing, reporting or attempting to direct institutional power against anyone ever, but that's a digression.

I was supporting Khabib during this fight, so a Conor argument has no relevance to me, but my point is simple really, if Khabib has trouble disassociating himself from his Russian or Dag "blood fued" culture or his thin skin to scathing personal criticism, than he might be better off fighting in M1 global or similar. He's going to have real issues keeping a lid on things if he comes up against someone like Colby Covington.

Dude needs to be checked. I would prefer it to be in the cage as opposed to a lengthy suspension and/or visa issues from a government entity.
I was explaining the motivation, you clearly stated your opinion looking at it from one viewpoint. Have to truly understand both perspectives. It’s cultural sensitivity in practice not just pretending to be “woke”. Just taking the American/western perspective is just as dumb as saying Khabib was justified.

Eye roll, of course he shouldn’t have done it. But it’s clear you have a naive perspective about what type of person you are dealing with

I will take account for not clearly explaining myself well on why I brought up Conor. Conor, began this whole process with the hand dolly stuff among other things. It is also relevant to the conversation that Khabib is getting most of the flak when Conor has done and did during the scuffle the same sorts of things. There is most definitely a double standard. (I won’t get into why). Additionally, since we are talking about the event as a whole and ipso facto the events leading up to it.. what Conor has and hasn’t done is directly relevant.

Now I get it, and I agree. Khabib “shouldn’t have done that” obviously. To me however, you have a pretty myopic view that doesn’t really acknowledge both ends. Don’t really feel like drawing out the argument.

Anyways, My prediction for the fight held true, Conor got man handled and broke. Just like with Diaz, when he couldn’t be the bully he didn’t know how to react Instead of figuring out a way to get out or beat Khabib his main reaction was to cheat. And we see why he’s avoided wrestlers like the plague except for a short notice fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back