Who can beat Khabib?

Ishaq

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who the hell can beat Khabib? The guy is looking invincible and after his team's antics yesterday, I want a loss on his record so he can be checked a bit. Also I haven't forgotten his prior disrespect to BJJ.

My two frontrunners are Kevin Lee and maybe Ortega. Unfortunately, I think Tony gets wrassled.

Last edited:
I honestly think Tony is capable of it but would not be the favorite

I think Kevin Lee has the best chance at 155. A fight with Ferguson is going to be fun to watch but I think Tony would correctly be the underdog. Poirier might be a fun fight as well.

Khabib is the best 155er on the planet right now though in my opinion

I think Kevin Lee has the best chance at 155. A fight with Ferguson is going to be fun to watch but I think Tony would correctly be the underdog. Poirier might be a fun fight as well.

Khabib is the best 155er on the planet right now though in my opinion

I honestly think Tony is capable of it but would not be the favorite

I think Tony and Poirier would get taken down with ease. Tony often finds himself in compromising positions on the ground against guys who are far less of grapplers than Khabib. I fail to see how Poirier would be any better than Conor.

I think Kevin Lee is the best bet. Really shocked Khabib has been so dominant with his one dimensional style. I thought sooner or later he would get subbed from bottom against a strong BJJ guy or lit up on the feet before getting a takedown. I suppose those things could still happen though.

You guys don't think Ortega can get the sweep or attack subs with his bottom game?

Lee is the only one remaining... Tony is going to get grapplefuck, he ain’t outcardiong khabib, he doesn’t have one punch ko, and khabib can take a shot... it’s going to be a mauling...

Ortega has a good reach but will probably lose a decision off his back for 5 rounds. The way to best khabib is not get taken down, tibau showed that a long ass time ago, and it hasnt change.

Lee or Father Time... he might move eventually to ww, where I don’t see him having as much success... he’s not taking twood down or Colby or usman, and those guys are way too big for him

Lee is the only one remaining... Tony is going to get grapplefuck, he ain’t outcardiong khabib, he doesn’t have one punch ko, and khabib can take a shot... it’s going to be a mauling...

Ortega has a good reach but will probably lose a decision off his back for 5 rounds. The way to best khabib is not get taken down, tibau showed that a long ass time ago, and it hasnt change.

Lee or Father Time... he might move eventually to ww, where I don’t see him having as much success... he’s not taking twood down or Colby or usman, and those guys are way too big for him

I agree with everything you've said, but you don't think Ortega or someone with a very high level BJJ game could sweep or submit from bottom as another way to beat Khabib?

I think he would beat Lee and Ferguson, but other than that, I am not sure. His weight troubles seem to be non-existent, for he made weight without trouble in his last 3 fights. It will be interesting to see his next fights, but I expect him to retire soon.

Who the hell can beat Khabib? The guy is looking invincible and after his team's antics yesterday, I want a loss on his record so he can be checked a bit. Also I haven't forgotten his prior disrespect to BJJ.

My two frontrunners are Kevin Lee and maybe Ortega. Unfortunately, I think Tony gets wrassled.

To answer your question, right now I’d say no one.

My 0.02, I don’t think he needs to be kept in check. I think if another fighter didn’t disrespect him on such a personal level and try throwing a dolly at him he would not have done anything outlandish.
It’s not that Khabib has such a big ego he’s trashing the place for no reason. He was dishing it back. If no one starts with him there won’t be any such issues.

Who the hell can beat Khabib? The guy is looking invincible and after his team's antics yesterday, I want a loss on his record so he can be checked a bit.

Don't know but I'm certain I won't since Dana didn't invite me to the UFC.

Khabib's cryptonite is a leg locker.

To answer your question, right now I’d say no one.

My 0.02, I don’t think he needs to be kept in check. I think if another fighter didn’t disrespect him on such a personal level and try throwing a dolly at him he would not have done anything outlandish.
It’s not that Khabib has such a big ego he’s trashing the place for no reason. He was dishing it back. If no one starts with him there won’t be any such issues.

Not really interested in a political argument but Its America Bro. The laws are a bit different in USA. You can say whatever you like. First amendment, read it. There are no hate speech laws in USA.

Last edited:
atm tony ferg is only guy khabib didnt look that great with his wrestling last night tbh maybe nerves got to him he didnt try to work his underhooks throws he was so deadset on that single i dont think hes a very smart game planner too gsp doesnt have the skill khabib has but gsp is super smart about his approach and know show to time his shots khabib just dives in at times its hard to stay undefeated forever at the top level doing that i hope im wrong as i like him but i wana see him change that

the khabib who came out vs edson barbosa was the best iv seen if that khabib showed up last night i think it would have been over by round 2

khabib isnt getting subbed anytime soon
I think Tony and Poirier would get taken down with ease. Tony often finds himself in compromising positions on the ground against guys who are far less of grapplers than Khabib. I fail to see how Poirier would be any better than Conor.

I think Kevin Lee is the best bet. Really shocked Khabib has been so dominant with his one dimensional style. I thought sooner or later he would get subbed from bottom against a strong BJJ guy or lit up on the feet before getting a takedown. I suppose those things could still happen though.

You guys don't think Ortega can get the sweep or attack subs with his bottom game?
no bjj guy is gonna touch him he has perfect posture he bases himself so high there isnt room for any subs his control positioning is too strong and hes a great submission fighter brian could not sub him i think brian tbh would get tkoed eventually

Don't know but I'm certain I won't since Dana didn't invite me to the UFC.

Khabib's cryptonite is a leg locker.
why do you say that? he has been doing sambo since he was a kid and is well versed in leglocks this is mma nobodys gonna fall into there ashy garami positions like in no gi jiu jitsu today with the type of gnp and power khabib has youde have to be one ballsy mother fuker to try that on him

tt

Last edited:
khabib isnt getting subbed anytime soon

no bjj guy is gonna touch him he has perfect posture he bases himself so high there isnt room for any subs his control positioning is too strong and hes a great submission fighter brian could not sub him i think brian tbh would get tkoed eventually

If he moves to 170, I think Demian would have him in the grappling exchanges. Half guard sweep to top control.

I agree with everything you've said, but you don't think Ortega or someone with a very high level BJJ game could sweep or submit from bottom as another way to beat Khabib?

No bro, I don’t see khabib ever getting is situations to be subbed. May be Ortega could throw a Hail Mary triangle while being blasted from top... but sweeping khabib? No, I don’t. Even if someone sweeps him, you got to keep that pit
khabib is different everyfight though tbh he gassed quite early and he didnt have a good showing vs raging al he still won the fight in good fashion but he seemed to slowdown after round 2 tony always is n great cardio shape the tony last night would give the khabib of his last 2 fights some issues in the later rounds i feel

and khabib is about the same size as colby colby walks around about 187 pounds hes a very small 170 by ufc standards he could fight at 155 if he really wanted to

tony has never been grapplefucked for life, I think khabib took a round to rest restarday, conor was doing very well defending too, but by the 4th, khabib looked fresh, I think he had an adrenaline dumped on the 3rd when he coundlnt finish conor, its normal....

Tony has never ever gone vs a grinder like khabib, kevin lee took his back and he got saved by the bell, full blown staph lee, second round he was dead.

I dont think colby is small at all, he looked just as big as maia, and maia is a huge ww..

colbys about the size of
No bro, I don’t see khabib ever getting is situations to be subbed. May be Ortega could throw a Hail Mary triangle while being blasted from top... but sweeping khabib? No, I don’t. Even if someone sweeps him, you got to keep that pit

tony has never been grapplefucked for life, I think khabib took a round to rest restarday, conor was doing very well defending too, but by the 4th, khabib looked fresh, I think he had an adrenaline dumped on the 3rd when he coundlnt finish conor, its normal....

Tony has never ever gone vs a grinder like khabib, kevin lee took his back and he got saved by the bell, full blown staph lee, second round he was dead.

I dont think colby is small at all, he looked just as big as maia, and maia is a huge ww..

tonys about the size of tony ferg believe it or not he walks around at 187 or so he was barely larger than rda he is pretty tall but he isnt thick not alot of muscle mass

idk khabib has had sooooooo much experience with hundreds of sambo fights which is basically mma 26 pro mma fights idk why he gassed himself so early as conor did ever really explode much on bottom to try to get back up maybe during his gnp exchange in round 2 which tbh i think they should have stopped it then as conor wasnt defending himself at all

colbys about the size of

tonys about the size of tony ferg believe it or not he walks around at 187 or so he was barely larger than rda he is pretty tall but he isnt thick not alot of muscle mass

idk khabib has had sooooooo much experience with hundreds of sambo fights which is basically mma 26 pro mma fights idk why he gassed himself so early as conor did ever really explode much on bottom to try to get back up maybe during his gnp exchange in round 2 which tbh i think they should have stopped it then as conor wasnt defending himself at all

colbys about the size of

Back