Who are your top 10 running backs in NFL history.

Doesnt matter. A lot of them played on fantastic offenses. You still have to get it done.

There have been many dominant o-lines with average run games.

Barry didn't play for a fantastic offence...

Imagine Barry on Dallas

Loved that series. I'm a sucker for slo-mo NFL highlights.

As impressive as Barry's NFL career was, his final year at Oklahoma State was as impressive a season for any one person, at any position, at any level in football history imo.

He could have easily played in the NFL that year.

fuk all the haters Emmitt is top 10, durable, tough SOB, even did it in the shitty Cowboy years

that being said:

Barry
Jim Brown
Payton
OJ
LT
Dickerson
Faulk
E. Smith
Martin
Peterson

emmitt on the lions- a decent back who may have made a pro bowl or 2.

barry on the cowboys- there would never, ever be a debate on the greatest player of all time, let alone just at rb

i remember one year when they were both having huge years and they showed a comparison of first contact. barry was at like -1.3 yards and emmitt was at like +1.7. it was around a 3 yard difference that emmit had on every run, yet barry was still averaging over 5 yards a carry. emmitt was good at hitting the hole, and a good serviceable back that got elevated to hall of fame status solely because of that o-line. any other team he probably is not a hall of famer. a below average team he is definitely not a hall of famer

also, barry wasnt even that fast. at least not in a straight line. he got caught quite a bit from behind. imagine if he had the speed of a chris johnson or bo jackson?

barry on the cowboys- there would never, ever be a debate on the greatest player of all time, let alone just at rb

i remember one year when they were both having huge years and they showed a comparison of first contact. barry was at like -1.3 yards and emmitt was at like +1.7. it was around a 3 yard difference that emmit had on every run, yet barry was still averaging over 5 yards a carry. emmitt was good at hitting the hole, and a good serviceable back that got elevated to hall of fame status solely because of that o-line. any other team he probably is not a hall of famer. a below average team he is definitely not a hall of famer

also, barry wasnt even that fast. at least not in a straight line. he got caught quite a bit from behind. imagine if he had the speed of a chris johnson or bo jackson?

I agree about Emmitt and Barry, talent wise they’re not in the same league but you have to give Emmitt props for being as durable as he was and for lasting long enough to become the all time yardage leader. Despite the fact that he had the greatest O-line in history he still had to get it done

That’s the thing that makes ranking football players so tough, the situation you get drafted into is usually what makes or breaks you. No one has succeeded more with less around him than Barry which is what easily makes him #1 for me

I agree about Emmitt and Barry, talent wise they’re not in the same league but you have to give Emmitt props for being as durable as he was and for lasting long enough to become the all time yardage leader. Despite the fact that he had the greatest O-line in history he still had to get it done

That’s the thing that makes ranking football players so tough, the situation you get drafted into is usually what makes or breaks you. No one has succeeded more with less around him than Barry which is what easily makes him #1 for me
emmitt was definitely durable and the one thing he did great was hit the hole. he got the ball and he was moving forward immediately. compare that with barry who, on the negative side, often started dancing right away even when he didnt need to. of course that is easily blamed on both offensive lines. emmitt knew his line would do their job, whereas barry would get the ball and expect to have company immediately. but yea, emmitt was the perfect fit for that line

1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Walter Payton
5. Adrian Peterson
6. Ladainian Tomlinson
7. OJ Simpson
8. Emmitt Smith
9. Eric Dickerson
10. Bo Jackson

TxVLMz5.gif

8BGdqcz.gif

1 Emmitt Smith+ 18,355 1990-2004 2TM
2 Walter Payton+ 16,726 1975-1987 chi
3 Barry Sanders+ 15,269 1989-1998 det
4 Curtis Martin+ 14,101 1995-2005 2TM
5 Frank Gore 14,026 2005-2017 2TM
6 LaDainian Tomlinson+ 13,684 2001-2011 2TM
7 Jerome Bettis+ 13,662 1993-2005 2TM
8 Eric Dickerson+ 13,259 1983-1993 4TM
9 Tony Dorsett+ 12,739 1977-1988 2TM
10 Jim Brown+ 12,312 1957-1965 cle

Leaders

Rank
Player TD Years Tm
Emmitt Smith+ 164 1990-2004 2TM
2 LaDainian Tomlinson+ 145 2001-2011 2TM
3 Marcus Allen+ 123 1982-1997 2TM
4 Walter Payton+ 110 1975-1987 chi
5 Jim Brown+ 106 1957-1965 cle
6 John Riggins+ 104 1971-1985 2TM
7 Shaun Alexander 100 2000-2008 2TM
Marshall Faulk+ 100 1994-2005 2TM
9 Adrian Peterson 99 2007-2017 3TM
Barry Sanders+ 99 1989-1998 det

Rank Player TD Years Tm
Jerry Rice+ 208 1985-2004 3TM
2 Emmitt Smith+ 175 1990-2004 2TM
3 LaDainian Tomlinson+ 162 2001-2011 2TM
4 Randy Moss+ 157 1998-2012 5TM
5 Terrell Owens+ 156 1996-2010 5TM
6 Marcus Allen+ 145 1982-1997 2TM
7 Marshall Faulk+ 136 1994-2005 2TM
8 Cris Carter+ 131 1987-2002 3TM
9 Marvin Harrison+ 128 1996-2008 clt
10 Jim Brown+ 126 1957-1965 cle

It's a marathon not a sprint. All time is Emmitt Smith. 3x SB Champ 1x SB MVP.

Herman Moore, WR - Pro Bowler, 94 - 97
Mel Gray WR- Pro Bowler, 90-94
Lomas Brown, TACKLE - Pro Bowler, 90-95
Kevin Glover, C-G - Pro Bowler 95-97

I mean, Barry had at least one Pro Bowl WR and one Pro Bowl O-Lineman in just about every single season he played. Lets not pretend there was nothing else at all on the Lions.

You cant be fucking serious. Barry played with absolute shit.

I think they showed this stat during a mnf game between dallas and detroit. Detroit won on a late fg in regulation or a fg in overtime.

They were showing clips of both offenses. Emmitt basically strolled through massive holes made by his offensive line and fell forward for an extra yard as soon as someone touched him. Barry was mobbed before he even touched the ball. Still ran for over 2k yards that year.

I also watched that game instead of studying for a spanish test I had the next morning, which I had to cheat to pass.

Herman Moore, WR - Pro Bowler, 94 - 97
Mel Gray WR- Pro Bowler, 90-94
Lomas Brown, TACKLE - Pro Bowler, 90-95
Kevin Glover, C-G - Pro Bowler 95-97

I mean, Barry had at least one Pro Bowl WR and one Pro Bowl O-Lineman in just about every single season he played. Lets not pretend there was nothing else at all on the Lions.

Herman Moore was a fucking beast but Mel Gray wasn't even a regular player lmfao. He was a return man who wasn't good enough to play regular downs at rb and too small and slow to play wr. Lomas Brown was the only consistent offensive line help Barry had, which only proves the point that he's best even more.

Who was Barry's best qb? Rodney Peete? Andre Ware? Scott Mitchell? Throwing to Herman Moore in double coverage and handing the ball to Barry and getting the hell out of his way was the Lions' offense.

When the Lions made the playoffs the other team did one thing: Stop Barry. The Lions had nothing else in those games. Shitty qb's, shitty coaching, inconsistent defenses. It's a fucking miracle the Lions even made the playoffs let alone win a playoff game during Barry's career.

Tiki Barber
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jacobs
Saquon Barkley
Frank Gifford
Derrick Ward
Reuben Droughns
Rodney Hampton
Dave Meggett
Rashad Jennings

Tiki Barber
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jacobs
Saquon Barkley
Frank Gifford
Derrick Ward
Reuben Droughns
Rodney Hampton
Dave Meggett
Rashad Jennings
<mma4>

Eric Campbell and Joe Brown are two of my favorites already mentioned ITT.

Back