Who are your favorite Collage wrestlers?

There are no submissions in wrestling, however you can make the Front Headlock into a blood choke. Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Arsen Fadzaev, Ilyas Ayubov, and other wrestlers I am sure I have forgotten were known for choking their opponents out during matches. If the referee did not see (the move itself is legal, though once the guy is out the match is stopped to revive him) they would then turn him over for the pin.

The disqualification was for a Kimura type of move, which I think was a bullshit call. The Turk did a face plant to avoid back points being scored on him, if he would have went with the move and gone to his back, his arm would not have been broken. The move was legal, but Schultz extended the Turks arm when the Turk face planted which they then declared illegal because the arm was over extended from the body. I think it was more of the Turks fault rather than Mark's. With that said, Mark and his brother would play the rules right up until the point that they were going to break them and then pull back, they were very physical and rough.

The disqualification was for a Kimura type of move, which I think was a bullshit call. The Turk did a face plant to avoid back points being scored on him, if he would have went with the move and gone to his back, his arm would not have been broken. The move was legal, but Schultz extended the Turks arm when the Turk face planted which they then declared illegal because the arm was over extended from the body. I think it was more of the Turks fault rather than Mark's. With that said, Mark and his brother would play the rules right up until the point that they were going to break them and then pull back, they were very physical and rough.
Dude, I love Mark Schultz.. but he did that on purpose, now I'm sure he expected the Turk to bail but he had no qualms about going over the edge

Same for Dave, he would deliberately choke out new guys like Royce Alger when they came to Foxcatcher for the first time to make a point

Played the edge of the rules is putting it mildly lol

Dude, I love Mark Schultz.. but he did that on purpose, now I'm sure he expected the Turk to bail but he had no qualms about going over the edge

Same for Dave, he would deliberately choke out new guys like Royce Alger when they came to Foxcatcher for the first time to make a point

Played the edge of the rules is putting it mildly lol

You are probably right he didn't have any qualms about breaking the guys arm, but I have seen him use that move before where he brings the guy to their back and he did it without breaking their arm. GSP used it against Karo Parisyan.

To be fair though, a good wrestler will take a rule and find 10 ways to break it without the ref seeing.

Back