Who are you not fans of because of their fans?

absolutely fookin' nobody. would take the fun away from the event if I'd think "hahaha, those ___ fans sure have to eat crow now"

I've never held someone's fans against them, that's what a moron does.

If I ever disliked a fighter it was because of their own actions and/or personality, IE Ronda.

I have a lot of respect for GSP.
I watched all of his fights.
He's amazing.

His fans are terrible and idiotic.
He did not fight the best competition.
No, winning 10-9 rounds is not more impressive than executing perfectly to finish someone at the perfect moment.
No, beating Bisping will not make him the GOAT.

Ive never disliked a fighter because of their fans. That being said though, I remember how annoying BJ Penn fans were

So are you OK with those "CONOR COULD BEAT MIOCIC!!!", "MCGREGOR BEATS ANY VERSION OF FEDOR (FACT)" type of threads spamming the heavies?

I would like to see one example of that.

I'll wait.

I don't admonish a fighter for having bad fans. That would be ridiculous.

But if I had to list off delusional fans that were irritating it would be:

Circa 2011 'Overeem is the best heavyweight' fans. Painfully obvious he was cheating, and stopped getting knocked out when he stopped fighting elite competition. He arrived in the UFC and first order of business was fleeing the country to avoid a PEDS test. He then beats Brock, but gets caught at a press conference, and suspended. Keith Keizer specifically said Overeem attempted to 'flee the building' when the surprise test was announced. Reem then deflates before our eyes and goes back to getting knocked out on a regular basis.

Pre-UFC 'Moose is the best' fans, along side 'Moose might be the best next' current fans. To be clear, I like Moose. He's world class, well rounded and fun. However, he's never proven to be the best. People explained away Machida clearly out classing him. They then explained away Jacare crushing him. Then the audacity to say a guy who is famous for KO'ing people with spinning kicks, got LUCKY by spin kick KO'ing Moose. It is obnoxious to cast aspersions on other fighters to prop up your favorite.

McGregor 'copycat' fans. One of the big downsides to a guy being rewarded for being brash, rude and bombastic, is encouraging morons to copy this behavior. The guy is putting on a act for the purpose of marketing. People acting like complete morons trying to mimic this has at times made the forums unbearable. Then you have the mental gymnastics of talking about P4P with a guy who's literally 1-1 with Nate Diaz, and a participation trophy for getting his brains beaten in by a boxer who hasn't stopped anyone else in a dog's life. Just stop.

Who has the best fans?

I'd argue overall Mark Hunt. People don't need to pretend he is the best, because he isn't. They are happy supporting a guy who's dangerous, albeit incomplete, but fights to finish and is very vocally against PEDS. All around, good times reading people posting in support of Hunt.

I don't admonish a fighter for having bad fans. That would be ridiculous.

But if I had to list off delusional fans that were irritating it would be:

Circa 2011 'Overeem is the best heavyweight' fans. Painfully obvious he was cheating, and stopped getting knocked out when he stopped fighting elite competition. He arrived in the UFC and first order of business was fleeing the country to avoid a PEDS test. He then beats Brock, but gets caught at a press conference, and suspended. Keith Keizer specifically said Overeem attempted to 'flee the building' when the surprise test was announced. Reem then deflates before our eyes and goes back to getting knocked out on a regular basis.

Pre-UFC 'Moose is the best' fans, along side 'Moose might be the best next' current fans. To be clear, I like Moose. He's world class, well rounded and fun. However, he's never proven to be the best. People explained away Machida clearly out classing him. They then explained away Jacare crushing him. Then the audacity to say a guy who is famous for KO'ing people with spinning kicks, got LUCKY by spin kick KO'ing Moose. It is obnoxious to cast aspersions on other fighters to prop up your favorite.

McGregor 'copycat' fans. One of the big downsides to a guy being rewarded for being brash, rude and bombastic, is encouraging morons to copy this behavior. The guy is putting on a act for the purpose of marketing. People acting like complete morons trying to mimic this has at times made the forums unbearable. Then you have the mental gymnastics of talking about P4P with a guy who's literally 1-1 with Nate Diaz, and a participation trophy for getting his brains beaten in by a boxer who hasn't stopped anyone else in a dog's life. Just stop.

Who has the best fans?

I'd argue overall Mark Hunt. People don't need to pretend he is the best, because he isn't. They are happy supporting a guy who's dangerous, albeit incomplete, but fights to finish and is very vocally against PEDS. All around, good times reading people posting in support of Hunt.
<{anton}>

I'm still a fan but Diaz huggers thinking they win every decision regardless is pretty annoying.

Penn's fans are insufferable but they're hardly around any more.

If not for them (and Penns excuse making) he would have been one of my favourites

Same goes for Diaz fans. He does make me laugh but those guys are jerks.

Conor fans are easily the worst ever. It's amazing too because I thought no fan base could ever be as shitty as BJ Penn fans were 10 years ago

I try not to judge fighters relying on their fanbase but Platinum Nation do everything they can to make Mike Perry unlikeable. Annoying pricks. Mike is very entertaining though.

Back