Who are the toughest fighters you have seen in MMA in your time as fan?

Roy Nelson. The man's head can absorb tremendous amounts of kinetic energy, a fraction of which would kill most of us lol.
Prime Hunt and prime Nelson had GOAT level chins. It's a shame that in their twilight years their chins have cracked a bit.

Others I'd include as among the toughest:

Prime Cabbage
Prime Big Nog
Ben Rothwell
Sakuraba
Oleg Taktarov
Fabio Maldonado
Justin Gaethje
Robbie Lawler
Curtis Blaydes seems like a promising future add. Ate hella shots from Ngannou and Overeem and just kept coming.

Wow, you cornered me right there.....nah, just kidding. The quotes are real and show the type of a person you are so what's the problem?

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/145384347/

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/145642795/

You want me to find posts from you, that may not even exist, to make you look less bad? <Lmaoo> I think I'll pass but thanks for the offer.

You're extremely bias and your credibility is Dana White-level. All you do is bash the Diaz brothers and take jabs at their fans and when it's pointed out "I was a fan, I swear!".

Mentioning Benson though...A guy fights with a toothpick in his mouth and people pretend like it was nothing.:oops: Why would a fighter endanger himself in such a way? Anyway, great UD for him, I was just wondering.

About the "diva" buzzword you keep using; You're just outing yourself as a UFC shill. Just letting ya know.

Edit: I forgot. The narrative seems to always be that the Diaz brothers decline fights. Poirier pulled out, said nothing for days, then revealed his injury (a minor one) and muppets like you in this place still blamed Nate for it. Dana did too:

Dude the Diaz are the head of an organized was a sarcastic comment I made in a thread about Nick Diaz getting locked up.

I never thought I would have to explain that.

I saw Fedor KO Brett Rogers about 30 feet from the cage standing by Gilbert Melendez (who I fucking hated at the time,) and Ben Rothwell (who is fucking HUGE.) That was the highlight of my career as a MMA fan. I've been to a couple of UFC cards but never with seats as good as that Strikeforce card and definitely not while watching my favorite fighter ever near a bunch of pros in the business.

Dude the Diaz are the head of an organized was a sarcastic comment I made in a thread about Nick Diaz getting locked up.

I never thought I would have to explain that.
Out of context it can look as a joke but when you're accusing Nate of sucker punching Guida when the truth is he pushed him and when you never miss a chance to bash both of them you can't really say you were kidding.

I was wondering if someone would mention Yuki Nakai. I still have that old vale tudo tournament on a VHS tape somewhere. I couldn't believe what that guy went through that night. I remember wishing I could have seen him fight Rickson when he was fresh. I think he would have given Rickson some trouble.
Fresh or not Yuki Nakai wasn't going to beat Rickson. That whole tournament was pretty much to showcase how much of a badass Rickson was. If anyone fought Rickson in that tournament I wish it was Gordeau so he could be beaten worse than when Royce beat him. That guy is truly one of the biggest POS in MMA history.

Fresh or not Yuki Nakai wasn't going to beat Rickson. That whole tournament was pretty much to showcase how much of a badass Rickson was. If anyone fought Rickson in that tournament I wish it was Gordeau so he could be beaten worse than when Royce beat him. That guy is truly one of the biggest POS in MMA history.
Yeah I look back on that competition differently now but it was about the baddest thing I'd ever seen at the time. I thought Rickson was the shit back then, and I was a Gracie fan, but I've since learned more about him and definitely don't feel the same way. I remember Gordeau was a very respected savate guy back then even though I didn't really follow his career at the time, other than watching him kick a tooth out in ufc1. He pretty much just clung to the ropes for most of his fight against Yuki, pounding the shit out of him from above until Yuki finally pried him loose and submitted him with a leg lock. IIRC Yuki was like 156lbs for that fight and Gordeau was around 220. Then Yuki goes on to get pounded further by a 260 something pound wrestler before submitting him and going on to fight Rickson. Man I would love to have seen those two go at it fresh. I gotta go dig up that tape now.

Last edited:
Try posting in a 100 page Round by Round thread on PPV night and see who is tough.

Gotta go with Big Nog. Dude got piledrived by Bob Sapp real hard..... Oh and then when they fought he got dropped on his neck extremely hard and went to get the arm bar. Plus all the other crazy shit in his career

Back