Who are the russians rooting for?

Granted lots of dirt bag I met that are Muslim and good friends of kine are Muslim too. But not all people who practice Islam are. It's all about how they translate Koran

You shouldn’t have to “translate” it one way or another. Religion is just toxic for the most part. So outdated and just causes issues.

But Muslims are just thousands of years behind in terms of religion / the new world.

Islam is a cancer to the human race.

You shouldn’t have to “translate” it one way or another. Religion is just toxic for the most part. So outdated and just causes issues.

But Muslims are just thousands of years behind in terms of religion / the new world.

Islam is a cancer to the human race.
I guess we have to agree to disagree lol

I shake my head every time Ariel brings up Russia and how they should do a press conference in Russia for the Conor fight.

Russia is very split. Russians typically don't like people from Dagestan and vice versa. A lot don't even consider Dagestanis Russian.

Khabib is popular in Dagestan and with Muslims. Not Russians. They will be indifferent or favor Conor in this fight.

I think Russians will be rooting for the one who is whiter.

And what DOES Khabib's wife look like? Is she allowed to leave the house?

Judging by her wedding pic I'm going to guess............no.

wHyMZAiWb2Q.jpg

Russia has like hundreds of different ethnicities. But Majority Slavs would be indifferent towards this fight(Though many are rooting for Conor) , they only support Dagestani athletes in tournaments like Olympics etc not UFC. Khabib has tremendous support among Muslims thats about it.
Not true.

I’m a Slavic Russian and will support Khabib

Citizenship=/= Nationality

Such a comprehensive defense of your mistaken claim, which I corrected. Sad to see a grown person deal so poorly with being corrected, you should be thanking me and I would expect an acknowledgment of your mistake as you didn't actually defend anything. Again Russia is not a confederation but a federation. Khabib's nationality is Russian and he is a Russian citizen.
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Russian_Federation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationality

Who did the Russian president invite to the world cup game again?

Everything that you've said is correct, people like to point out and hate him for the reasons listed above. Trash talk, certain inconsistencies in the statements he makes, the fact that he doesn't come out with russian flag, relations with Kadyrov, all of those things get mentioned quite often. The latest incident with push ups and homeless people comes to mind too, people in Russia are furious about that. However the majority of them still supports Conor who is a certified bully, trash talker and has done worse things in his life like attacking the bus full of innocent people, women included. So the fans give pass to Conor for his actions yet they furiously hate Khabib for his "trash talk" and arrogance. Typical double standarts. The way I see it is that disaffection between slavic russians and dagestanis is the real reason why he is so disliked. It's a common phenomenon for russians to root for americans and against caucasian fighters. Caucasian muslim fighters in general get a lot of undeserved hate. Khabib had tons of haters and doubters even back in 14-15 before his relations with Kadyrov and all that other stuff.

It's clear that he represents Dagestan first and foremost but he also emphasises that he represents Russia too. He's always been polite and respectful towards russian fans (mentioned and thanked them after his victories for instance) but the vast majority of those fans have never had the same friendly approach towards him.
Well I think there were rumors that Mirzaev earlier this year withdrew from a fight at ACB because he was beaten by Khabib or Khabib and his crew + Taktarov in one of his videos mentioned something along the lines that Khabib/Khabib and his crew assaulted (or something like that) some journalist at mma event. So I'm not sure that McGregor commited worse things than Khabib.
Plus, I've seen comments from Russians like - McGregor is an asshole but Khabib is an asshole too plus he is hypocrite. I think I even have seen a joke, about how Khabib after incident with bus was asking Conor to send him a place where they can meet and fight, then when Conor was in Russia he said that they adults and he is not street fighter so he will only fight McGregor inside the octagon and now he said that if he meets McGregor on the streets of New York he will fight him.

They only care about Cruiserweight and Heavyweight combat in Russia.

Nobody likes Khabib even in his own part of the world.

Everybodys like "Is Conor here then? Where's Conor?"

Khabib is like Meg.

Caucasian muslim fighters in general get a lot of undeserved hate.

Funny, "undeserved".

The onus is always on ethnic Russians apparently (even TS gives racism as reason), but anyone who has lived/interacted extensively with Chechens/Dags will become "racist" quite fast.

There's never a mention of reasons for the animosity besides "undeserved" racism. Hilariously off-base and obtuse.

Khabib is a Muslim. The religion of Islam is trash.

Therefore most don’t like him.

This is a major part of the reason.

Islam turns cultures into absolute garbage.

I think Khabib is hated not because he is Avar or from Dagestan but for his style (I think lot of Russian mma watchers is not a fans of wrestling/sambo and stuff), his trash talk (like he when he was shitting on Pettis, on RDA that RDA is paper champ and Khabib is true champ), his connections to criminals and posts on social media in support of his criminal or Islamic terrorist friends, his lies (said that he is not gonna fight in Russia because he fights only at main cards of PPV events, then says that if his father wants, he will fight in Russia (I think he said even for free), then he and his father says that fighting in Russia doesn't make sense because they are gonna lose a lot of PPV money if title defense happens in Moscow), I think he lso said that he is ready to fight McGregor for free and now he says that if UFC want this fight to happen they should pay him same money as to McGregor.
Also I think problem with his social media - when tragedies in Russia happens he mostly ignores them, but when something happens to Muslims in Myanmar, he asks people to go to Myanmar's embassy to protest, also not so long ago I've seen something like he posted something about Budanov's killer who recently died and seems like those who are not from Caucasus didn't take this kindly. If I'm not mistaken in conflict between Kadyrov and Fedor he sided with Kadyrov and people don't like him for that and being not just some guy that close to Kadyrov, but Kadyrov calls him his friend.

It doesnt matter what Khabib does, if he does anything good nobody will care about him and if he does something bad then many will hate him. Look at Alexander Emelianenko, a man who has said racist remarks, a rapist and a criminal, go to his instagram and you will see Russians loving him. I think Khabib knows that he isn't Russian, why should he go out with the Russian flag? He is a Avar and not Russian. Why does Khabib get hate when he is with Kadyrov but when Fedor stands next to Putin and tells people to vote for Putin its ok? Also browsing Russian MMA forums is not very smart, whenever a Chechen wins over a Russian they say "Kadyrov paid him", "They poisoned his food" like they did with Goltsov when he lost against Vakhaev. Whenever a Russian wins over a Chechen/Dagestani they put it on Youtube with texts like "Russian beat a Chechen" and the video gets millions of views with racist comments. This never happens when a Chechen or Dagestani wins.

Back