Who are the most popular (and bankable) stars OUTSIDE the UFC

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In Poland you have Pudz

In ONE you have Aung Sang

My understanding is that Minakov is actually very popular in Russia.

Who are some other fighters in other organizations that are huge stars on an international basis or in their respective countries???

the guys in ksw are popular in poland and do huge crowds, not very popular outside of that area tho.

fedor is def one of them tho

Tenshin and Rena in Japan.
ONE has a handful of guys who draw in the Phillipines.
Angela Lee in Singapore.
I feel like Crocop could draw anywhere.

Mamed Khalidov, Mariusz Pudzianowski

...and Erko Jun (new KSW freak-star) with 5 mln fans on facebook

internationally it's Fedor and then everyone else obviously. with a huge gap. just two days ago Chael was saying to Helwani how he's impressed with Fedor's ability to sell out arenas in US without even much talking. add to that that he is close to be a national hero to a big part of russian people and some kind of mythical creature in Japan. none fighter outside UFC can do that. especially in his current state.
but i'm not saying it's a good thing though. just shows that most mma fans are nostalgic fools and Bellators and RIzins of the world sucks in properly promoting theirs Rorys and Horiguchis, who could be much bigger then they are now.

Last edited:
Who is Rena?
Rena kubota, Rizin fighter
C52Ee4sU8AUsR3r.jpg

22429569_1304613632976371_4765828035289022464_n-ConvertImage-1.jpg

Chael and Fedor are two of them, so that fight better draw well.

Last edited:
One FC
- Angela and Christian Lee
- Aung

Bellator
- Sonnen
- Mousasi and Rory

Chael and Fedor are two of them, so that fight better draw well.

There were both on the MSG show for their last fights and they didn't sell out the place. The fight card was more stocked all around too. Kind of surprised the are going back to the New York market. I figured Bellator didn't have this fight in San Jose, making up for the cancellation of the original Fedor fight with Mitrione.

Back