Who are the most over rated and under rated fighters in UFC history?

Over- Stipe
Under- Tony

Curtis Blaydes, Ryan Bader and Alexander Volkov are elite heavyweights and nobody outside of MMA knows who the hell they are.

Last edited:
Dan Henderson was the most overrated fighter in MMA history, but then he kind of had a TRT resurgence. Gomi has to be up there too.

Dan is Dan IMO. Where he stands is about right. I wouldn't say he's overrated. He's had some great wins and some not so great losses.

I still don't believe he should've gone to LHW and up (especially in the UFC). Fighting DC was a bad idea... A guy that was struggling to get the fight vs Fedor signed off due to size discrepancy going to fight a guy that was coming down (by a decent margin) didn't sound smart to me. But hey, he could've got him in the same way they have with Fedor.

For those that are comparing BJ's record, all I ask is that you also consider the strength of schedule. Apply the same to Randy's record.

Over- Stipe
Under- Tony

Jury is out on Stipe. On one hand, we can say that the HW ranks were weak when he reigned. But on the flip side, you can only beat who they put in front of you.. And he beat them enough to hold the record for the most HW title defenses

Overrated: Bisping

Some idiots had put him p4p #7 for some time. In reality skillwise he was never top 10 fighter in his weightclass yet alone p4p rankings

You have the word overrated mixed up with underrated bro.

Overrated?

Renan Barao... He was in GOAT talks before he started getting smashed

Also

Miguel Torres... Another guy that looked great right up until he didn't

Underrated?

Michael Mayday McDonald (who unfortunately has a paralyzed arm and is now retired). A lot of bad luck prevented him from being one of the greats.

Back