Who are the most over rated and under rated fighters in UFC history?

Dan Henderson was the most overrated fighter in MMA history, but then he kind of had a TRT resurgence. Gomi has to be up there too.

Overrated: Nick Diaz

Underrated: Rich Franklin

Wanderlei Silva most overrated

Jose Aldo most underrated.

The way new fans talk about Bjchea slowly getting to the underrated area.

Overrated: Khabib/Cain.

Underrated: Bisping

how can a 2x first ever 2 weight division world champion at the same time, be over rated? if you're talking about being the goat..maybe...but as far as just being over rated...not possible...losing 1 fight, doesn't take away past achievements...especially considering, he was coming off a 2 year layoff...
Because he didn't fight through the ranks to actually capture his second belt and it was against Alvarez who many considered wasn't even the top LW at the time.

2year lay off? Yes it may be true. But isn't Cobor the guy who advocates.."stay ready, so you don't have to get ready"? Isn't he the guy who wanted to step in against Edgsr earlier this year? Shouldn't he have been ready?im sure he was ready against Khabib

Overrated - BJ Penn, Could have have had more wins on his record if he took training seriously but was still talented

Overrated - Jon Jones, fantastic fighter but his wins were against over the top out of prime fighters like Rampage, Rashad, Lyoto, and Shogun

Underrated - Jose Aldo, The best 145er on the Planet, only losses are the current champ who is on a tear and Mcgregor who has that one shot power

Another Underrated fighter is Werdum- Had a great run and even beat Cain Velesquez and captured his title. His whole career has been good too, the guy to end Fedor's run too.

Currently
Underrated: Whittaker
Overrated: Till

All Time
Underrated: Okami
Overrated: Lesnar

Because he didn't fight through the ranks to actually capture his second belt and it was against Alvarez who many considered wasn't even the top LW at the time.

2year lay off? Yes it may be true. But isn't Cobor the guy who advocates.."stay ready, so you don't have to get ready"? Isn't he the guy who wanted to step in against Edgsr earlier this year? Shouldn't he have been ready?im sure he was ready against Khabib

he was as ready as he could be..no doubt..I just think being out for 2 years didnt help..I thought all the boxing training he did, would have really helped him against khabib...but his boxing and striking looked the worst it ever has...but alot was due to the grappling in the fight tiring him out.

Do you realize BJ moved to welterweight because he had no hard tim beating up lws? He is the most bad ass fighter. Always went after big challenges.

LMAO at OP. BJs record isn't much different from Artem???

<36>
I can't believe it took so long to point out that idiotic statement.

I sincerely hope you are trolling TS, because that is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

I think Jose Aldo is the most under rated since he got KO'd by Conor and I think BJ Penn is the most over rated because he has a record that is not too different than Artem Lobov's.
I mean overrated DC. Underrated stipe

I think Jose Aldo is the most under rated since he got KO'd by Conor and I think BJ Penn is the most over rated because he has a record that is not too different than Artem Lobov's.
Lol, not to different from Lobovs for sure, if you are only looking at numbers and completly disregarding the level of competition of course.

No mother f'''''cker, you get your facts straight...he tapped to strikes against mat serra and he tapped to matt hughes...that's TWICE...whether it was by strikes or a choke, makes no difference...a tap is a tap...
Officially recorded as a TKO but whatever, Conor still tapped twice as much. :D

Overrated: Bisping

Some idiots had put him p4p #7 for some time. In reality skillwise he was never top 10 fighter in his weightclass yet alone p4p rankings

In reality he was a top ten fighter in his weight class because he was consistently officially ranked in the top 10.

He had number one contender fights (which you only have in the top 10).

Then let’s not forget winning the championship, which puts you in the top 10.

Those points are all realities. Yours was an option. In my opinion he’s actually pretty underrated.

Officially recorded as a TKO but whatever, Conor still tapped twice as much. :D

gsp tapped to matt serra...bottom line...what it was ruled, makes no difference...maybe the ref missed it, but everyone else saw it...and I think it was more that the ref stopped it at the same time gsp tapped...

What do you think Artems record would look like if he fought Woodley, Usman, Colby, etc? Or if he fought a LHW like Anthony Smith or Glover?

Artem has his record vs mediocre fighters and a few B level fighters. BJ has his record vs greats and at the time top fighters like GSP, Diaz, Hughes, Lyoto, Fitch, Edgar, Rory.

Back