Who are the most over rated and under rated fighters in UFC history?

I think Jose Aldo is the most under rated since he got KO'd by Conor and I think BJ Penn is the most over rated because he has a record that is not too different than Artem Lobov's.
BJ Penn is overrated but simply looking at his record to say that isn't completely fair.

No specific order

Overrated-
Conor
Ronda
Nate Diaz
Bisping
Brock
Weidman

Underrated-
Porier
Stipe
Asunscao
Zabit ( i had to)
Cannonier
Dan Hooker maybe

He is not as good as people think.

What?
He hasn't lost in nearly 7 years . He's beaten the who's who of the LW division and if he beats Khabib he's the best LW of all time.
What have you been watching ?

What?
He hasn't lost in nearly 7 years . He's beaten the who's who of the LW division and if he beats Khabib he's the best LW of all time.
What have you been watching ?

I am guessing he means Tony looks vulnerable at times during fights. however, with his unorthodox ability, cardio and of course unbeaten run, he is anything but overrated.

As you say if he beats Khabib he is the GOAT at Lw. Though I believe Khabib will be a bridge too far for Ferguson, but he is an awesome fighter.

Paulo Costa is definitely overrated. I'm just waiting for him to get caught by USADA or face a versatile top 5 fighter, after that his mojo will be gone. Kinda like Hector Lombard a few years back.

Overrated, I'll say Shogun Rua("Prime" window was too short yet people act as if that's the only partof his career. Fools actually think he beats Anderson), BJ Penn(is NOT 155 GOAT. I love him though). Nick Diaz (I love him but he just is.)

Underrated would be Frankie Edgar who is very consistent arguably top 5 at 145 and 155. Only man to outclass him was Aldo, one of the GOATs. Israel Adesanya is underrated. He is on his way to GOAT status and should definitely be ranked top 5 at middleweight. I dare someone to make a legit claim against him being ranked top 5. Everyone else is either or.

I am guessing he means Tony looks vulnerable at times during fights. however, with his unorthodox ability, cardio and of course unbeaten run, he is anything but overrated.

As you say if he beats Khabib he is the GOAT at Lw. Though I believe Khabib will be a bridge too far for Ferguson, but he is an awesome fighter.

Completely agreed bro. Yea Tony does get tagged and look to be in trouble in almost every damn fight lol, I can see why someone would put that out if that's what he meant.

Gun to my head prediction I honestly wouldn't know who to take at this point. I got back and forth all the time. We deserve that one.

Do you watch the sport?

So a dude on the regional circuit who is 11-0 is better than anyone in the UFC who has a loss? Don't be so stupid.

Joe Calzaghe is 48-0
Ali is 45-5

Calzaghe is better than Ali
Well for your specific example that is actually true. Joe not only never lost while racking up more wins, but he also faced newer(better) competition as the game evolves over time

Overrated, I'll say Shogun Rua("Prime" window was too short yet people act as if that's the only partof his career. Fools actually think he beats Anderson), BJ Penn(is NOT 155 GOAT. I love him though). Nick Diaz (I love him but he just is.)

Underrated would be Frankie Edgar who is very consistent arguably top 5 at 145 and 155. Only man to outclass him was Aldo, one of the GOATs. Israel Adesanya is underrated. He is on his way to GOAT status and should definitely be ranked top 5 at middleweight. I dare someone to make a legit claim against him being ranked top 5. Everyone else is either or.
Adesanya has four ufc fights...

People saying BJ is over rated truly makes my head hurt ...
I think to say that you must be a newer fan and have no clue what he did as a fighter.. you have to look at who he fought and beat and how they were ranked when he did it
tenor.gif

Probably Conor is the most underrated, cuz ever since Conor knocked out Aldo, Aldo has been underrated, which made people go "yeah, Conor knocked out Aldo, but Aldo isn't actually great, cuz he got knocked out by Conor, and we all saw what happened to Conor when he faced Khabib".

Khabib is probably the most overrated, cuz his best win is Conor, and Conor isn't that great, cuz his best win is Aldo, and Aldo lost vs Conor.
Hang on..... What..??
giphy.gif

People saying BJ is over rated truly makes my head hurt ...
I think to say that you must be a newer fan and have no clue what he did as a fighter.. you have to look at who he fought and beat and how they were ranked when he did it
tenor.gif
I love BJ, but ue is overrated. And I'm not saying that because of most of his losses.

Completely agreed bro. Yea Tony does get tagged and look to be in trouble in almost every damn fight lol, I can see why someone would put that out if that's what he meant.

Gun to my head prediction I honestly wouldn't know who to take at this point. I got back and forth all the time. We deserve that one.

I agree bro. I wouldn't make either guy a huge favourite, I just think Khabib will do enough to earna tough decision.

the fans deserve this fight.

Back