Who are the most entertaining wrestlers in the UFC?

RayA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love seeing good wrestling in MMA where they're working towards GnP, a submission, or a better position, or even just masterfully getting and keeping their opponent down. I hate, however, when the guy is perfectly content to secure the take-down and just win out the round via dominant position, i.e, lay n pray.
Who would you guys say are the most entertaining wrestlers to watch?
Notable examples
Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

Chad Mendes
cormier-slam-barnett.gif

DC

Khabib
giphy.gif

Gregor Gillespie

Pretty much already put up the only ones I find entertaining

lmao @ wrestlers being entertaining at all.

Pretty much already put up the only ones I find entertaining

I think you answered your own question. There's not many.... ;)
Lol you guys are just not trying. There's plenty. Kevin Lee has a cancerous personality, and based upon the way he acts you'd figure he's like some knock off McGregor in the cage, but he's actually a strong and exciting wrestler in the Octagon with his bread and butter RNC
giphy.gif

back-take.gif

Last edited:
Lay and pray was originally for the guy on bottom doing the baby monkey, and stalling.

Anyway, Cain and Frankie are two other good ones.

Lol you guys are just not trying. There's plenty. Kevin Lee has a cancerous personality, and based upon the way he acts you'd figure he's like some knock off McGregor in the cage, but he's actually a strong and exciting wrestler in the Octagon with his bread and butter RNC
back-take.gif

iirc, every male champion except 1 comes from a wrestling background...or is competing it in now, like Whittaker.

in all seriousness, Brock's ground n pound was brutal. i was actually scared for his opponents when it went to the ground. most recently Hunt =(

brock_ride_herring.gif

iirc, every male champion except 1 comes from a wrestling background...or is competing it in now, like Whittaker.
The UFC is saturated with many wrestlers. You even have guys like Dillashaw and Romero who are great wrestlers, but for the most part use it as a deterrent for enemy TD's or to compromise their opponent's striking with their own TD threat. I'm talking about the guys who gladly and often fall onto that wrestling background, are able to impose it onto their opponent, and look good doing it, as opposed to those who turn into wet blankets like Usman when they grapples.

edit: I read that kinda wrong. I thought you were trying to say practically every fighter comes from a wrestling background

wrestlers, entertaining pick one.

usually wrestlers that do something other than wrestling like striking are listed.

gillespie, romero, rumble,mendes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back