Who are the BJJ instructors @ UFC gyms?

FinanceFrank

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
just curious

UFC having these gyms strikes me as odd ... but whatever. Wondering what BJJ instructors will be become employees of the UFC

the flash on the website won't work for me @ work, apologies if it's listen on the site (although i don't remember them being listed last itme i checked)

just curious

UFC having these gyms strikes me as odd ... but whatever. Wondering what BJJ instructors will be become employees of the UFC

the flash on the website won't work for me @ work, apologies if it's listen on the site (although i don't remember them being listed last itme i checked)

Nothing odd about it. There's money in running Gyms.

Question is, what clientele base are they trying to attract?

yeah, i'm aware there's money in gyms, but those profits will be chump change in the scheme of things for Zuffa ... This is more for pushing the brandname

I don't find anything weird in the sense that it'll attract the average MMA fan, maybe get them interested in a discipline or MMA. That's cool and all.

I find it weird in the sense that ... what if UFC fighters trained there? Think they would get preferential treatment since they're helping the business, appealing to more potential customers? If a big name trained at one, think they would mention it on broadcasts when said fighter was fighting? I think they most certainly will. I bet they would get increased job security as well

....it looks like your typical gym like World Gym or Gold's Gym......it does not state who the instrcutors are though but they refer to them as MMA group instructors . I tripped out on their UFC gi's

i was under teh impression that crispim (i forget his full name) is the instructor in the concord school

....it looks like your typical gym like World Gym or Gold's Gym......it does not state who the instrcutors are though but they refer to them as MMA group instructors . I tripped out on their UFC gi's

Yeah, you are not likely to find any legit instruction/instructors at any of their gyms from what I've heard. They are nice facilities with lots of great equipment if you want a workout, but the only thing that differentiates it from any normal Bally's or 24-Hour is that the fitness cardio classes are referred to as MMA fitness classes. It is NOT a bonafide mma training-typing center. Anyone who goes to learn to fight/learn MMA might as well just crumple their money up and shove it down the toilet...same effect.

The first ten seconds of that video Dana White says, "This is NOT a fighter gym."

Nuff said.

The BJJ instruction and likely the MT instruction will be sub-par. It looked like one of the "Black Belt" instructors was a TKD BB.

The Ultimate McDojo. But honestly, im not gonna hate on them, if people want to waste their money on that place thats cool.

Im sure no one will be in a hurry to leave Cesar's school for UFC Gym anytime soon.

ufc gym is for the average person that wants to workout but not do the normal routine of just goin to a 24 hr fitness, maybe it will get some of fat america to lose some fuckin weight

^ I disagree. I think it will be swamped with guidos and teenagers who want to "Train teh UFC!"

I can only imagine the meatheads and jackasses wearing tapout shirts in that joint. Its gonna be even worse when a UFC gym hits the OC.

^ I disagree. I think it will be swamped with guidos and teenagers who want to "Train teh UFC!"

I can only imagine the meatheads and jackasses wearing tapout shirts in that joint. Its gonna be even worse when a UFC gym hits the OC.

I can't wait for those guys to start wearing "UFC FIGHT TEAM" t-shirts around... or even better, wearing their UFC gis to the club.

Sounds like a dojo storm is in order

Probably would not make it past the counter......can you imagine a bunch of guys with fucked up cauliflower ears. "Yeah we are hear to check out the free intro class"

i was under teh impression that crispim (i forget his full name) is the instructor in the concord school

I think you are right. He mentioned the gym in his post-fight interview in the last Strikeforce he fought in. His first name is Alexander.

I saw a thread about this not too long ago. I can't find it now but it linked to a graciefighter thread. There is some controversy about the guy chosen to teach bjj there. I guess he burned some bridges in the cali bjj community. I can't remember the whole story but I am sure someone will chime in and link the previous thread.

Now people will be able to train at the UFC gym and get promoted in their MMA belt system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back