who are the 3 greatest kickboxers of all time

Petro KB Victories:

- Solid journeyman Marco Pique 2x (who haves victories over Aalviar Lima,Samkor,Abraham Roqueni, Joerie Mes,Ngimbi,El Boustati,Kiria,van Venrooij)

- experienced fighter Arslan Magomedov

- Close fight with a prime Buakaw

- Ngimbi 2x( had victories over good competitors as prime Stevelmans,Kamal Chabrani,Pique,,El Hadj,El Boustati, Direçi 2x)

- Prime Warren Stevelmans

- Souwer 2x (total outclasses against an all time great)

- Inconsistent but good Dzhabar Askerov

- Prime Faldir Chahbari (one of the most underrated LW´s)

- Outclassed Kraus 2x (Kraus wasnt on his prime but was in a good time of his career in both fight years

-Humiliated Prime Yamamoto

-Mohamed Diaby (another underrated LW)

- Outclassed Gurkov (solid and much bigger than him)

-Zambidis (wasnt in prime but in a good time of his career like Kraus)

-- Sato (Near to prime Sato,one of the best 70kg kickboxers)

- Cosmo Alexandre (Solid and much bigger,haves KB victories over Choplin,Groenhart,Askerov,JWP,Dmitry Shakuta)

- Prime Hinata (another underrated kickboxer with victories over Kido,Zambidis,Yamamoto and a KO on Kyshenko)

- Roqueñi (good fighter although the gift decisions)

- Kyshenko (outclassed a much bigger guy,one of the best 70kg ever)

- Kiria (journeyman but have some good victories on his prime)

-Roosmalen (was only behind Petrosyan from 2011 to 2013)

- El boustati (good fighter)

there is no way on trying to take Petro out from GOAT discussion,he outclassed a lot of good and some of the best LW´s ever,made it look ridiculously easy

The crazy thing about K1 is everybody beats everbody, or it's a rock paper scissor phenomenon. Nobody stands out except for semmi schillt, IMO.

Curios though, where would you guys rate Andy Hug? Is he in the top 10 or 15 best kickboxers of all time?

What do so many of the great non-heavyweight fighters in other sports (especially boxing and muay thai) have in common? You'll notice Petrosyan doesn't fit in with these fighters.

Also, 154 pound kickboxing, as it is, has been around for like thirteen years. At least the heavies have had about twice the history. Aerts is clearly greater than Petrosyan.

What do so many of the great non-heavyweight fighters in other sports (especially boxing and muay thai) have in common? You'll notice Petrosyan doesn't fit in with these fighters.

Also, 154 pound kickboxing, as it is, has been around for like thirteen years. At least the heavies have had about twice the history. Aerts is clearly greater than Petrosyan.
70kg has been around for years just because Max wasn't doesn't mean that weightclass wasn't. I love Peter Aerts but I'd still have Petro over him even though I don't think Petro is top 3. It's hard to pick a top three though due to the weights probably the only guys I could put top 3 and not think twice about it is Hoost and Peter Cunningham. It just seems hard to say for sure except for Hoost crossing over to different types and becoming champion plus fighting in K-1s golden age. Then there is fighters like Samart Payakaroon and as much as I hate to say it Benny Urquidez.

1. Petrosyan/ buakaw 2. Hoost /Aerts 3. Ivan Hippolyte
Hard question to answer. It's hard to not make a list based on who I like over who is the best. Give me a couple more hours with this bottle of gin and I'll give you an answer that will make you shit your pants.

He beat Souwer 2 times. Also got wins over Kiria, Roosmalen, Pinca, Kyshenko, Zambidis, Kraus, Sudsakorn, Kem... and other great fighters without being in danger in most of the fights. I don't know any fighter with a more consistent fight record in kickboxing.

You are just hating.
True, in my opinion the GOAT

Going up in weight.

Petrosyan would have a better case if went to fight the better guys at 160, 168, or even found catchweights.

I don't know. It's not like these weight classes really exist in kickboxing, unlike in boxing or muay thai.

I guess he could have made a run at Glorys welterweight divison.

I don't know. It's not like these weight classes really exist in kickboxing, unlike in boxing or muay thai.

I guess he could have made a run at Glorys welterweight divison.

He got KO'd by Ristie and you'd expect him to match up against the likes of Holzken, Manhoef and Doumbé?

Not taking anything from Ristie or underestimating Petrosyan, but somehow I really wouldn't imagine he'd have done that well at WW somehow.

He got KO'd by Ristie and you'd expect him to match up against the likes of Holzken, Manhoef and Doumbé?

Not taking anything from Ristie or underestimating Petrosyan, but somehow I really wouldn't imagine he'd have done that well at WW somehow.

Holzken dominated the division after not being able to be a top dog at 70Kg and getting outclassed by Buakaw and Souwer.

If anything at all it would be a weight problem, not a skill problem. Welterweight for a long time was widely overrated.

And Manhoef is a middleweight.

Holzken dominated the division after not being able to be a top dog at 70Kg and getting outclassed by Buakaw and Souwer.

If anything at all it would be a weight problem, not a skill problem. Welterweight for a long time was widely overrated.

And Manhoef is a middleweight.

Dunno why I typed Manhoef, I meant to type Groenhart.

I think Holzken was only fighting at 70kg because that's where the competition and money was at back in the K-1 days but he was cutting way too much weight to make it to 70.

You're 100% right when you say that it would be a weight and size problem more so than a skill problem, Petrosyan has the skill, just not the size for WW IMO.

Back