Who Are Fans Here Of The TV Show Dallas 1978-1991

My sister liked that show when she was 13, but that was over 30 years ago.

As a prime alpha sherdoggers,who's 6'5'...245 and 5% bf.... bencheese teh 275 and bangs nothing but 10's.... I'm hoping to come out of the shower and be told this thread is a dream.

Of course I watched it,it was difficult not to in the UK,as we only had 3 channels <45>

It was a huge show back then.
Christ...just Christ...

Dallas had the best run if any Tv drama ever. In its peak years was consistently the highest Neilsen rated show. J.R. Ewing was an icon! The episode where the viewers found out he shot him both set and still holds the record Neilsen rating for an episode of a one hour drama show.
What kind of a world did/do we live in where J.R. Ewing is/was a fuckin icon? Oh wait, nevermind...

What kind of a world did/do we live in where J.R. Ewing is/was a fuckin icon? Oh wait, nevermind...

"What kind of world..."? A wonderful world!

Wait? Wait for what? Try using the delete key next time you time something that upon further thought tempts you to type "Oh wait, nevermind." That way is cleaner and eliminates clutter from your post that you didn't want us to pay any mind to within the reply. Remember, haste makes waste.

The character of J.R. Ewing debuted on TV in 1978. So they've had 39 years to create a TV drama with a character that has captured the interest and imaginations of our country and may others countries worldwide. It's a staggering achievement that may never be topped or equalled. The Dallas episode "Who Done It" had a Nielsen rating of 53.3 and a 76% share, and it was estimated that 83 million people watched the episode, more than the number of voters in that year's presidential election.

"What kind of world..."? A wonderful world!

Wait? Wait for what? Try using the delete key next time you time something that upon further thought tempts you to type "Oh wait, nevermind." That way is cleaner and eliminates clutter from your post that you didn't want us to pay any mind to within the reply. Remember, haste makes waste.

The character of J.R. Ewing debuted on TV in 1978. So they've had 39 years to create a TV drama with a character that has captured the interest and imaginations of our country and may others countries worldwide. It's a staggering achievement that may never be topped or equalled. The Dallas episode "Who Done It" had a Nielsen rating of 53.3 and a 76% share, and it was estimated that 83 million people watched the episode, more than the number of voters in that year's presidential election.
Larry Hagman called from the grave and asked can you please not squeeze so hard.
Yeah, I wanna be just like that guy...happily cucked by the likes of Ken Kerchival.
<16><puh-lease75>

Last edited:
Larry Hagman called from the grave and asked can you please not squeeze so hard.
Yeah, I wanna be just like that guy...happily cucked by the likes of Ken Kerchival.
<16><puh-lease75>

That wasn't hard at all. Don't make the mistake of this thinking that because what I wrote might be hard for some people that it means it would be difficult for all people. Human genetic traits vary greatly. One one end of the height continuum you have midgets and at the other end you have giants. At one end of the intelligence continuum you have morons and at the other end you have geniuses.

Perhaps you've grown used to associating with midgets of the intellect. The viewership statistics regarding the Dallas episode "Who Done It" are readily available to anyone with even the most basic understanding of how to search for information on the internet. By the way, you don't seem happy. Are you in a bad mood? If so, I suggest taking a break from the internet and doing some physical exercise. It's a sad fact of modern living that the amount of time the average man spends using the internet daily has been rising, while the amount of time the average man spends doing physical exercise daily has been decreasing. The ancient Greeks believed in the ideal of a healthy mind in a healthy body and I believe in that ideal as well.

That wasn't hard at all. Don't make the mistake of this thinking that because what I wrote might be hard for some people that it means it would be difficult for all people. Human genetic traits vary greatly. One one end of the height continuum you have midgets and at the other end you have giants. At one end of the intelligence continuum you have morons and at the other end you have geniuses.

Perhaps you've grown used to associating with midgets of the intellect. The viewership statistics regarding the Dallas episode "Who Done It" are readily available to anyone with even the most basic understanding of how to search for information on the internet. By the way, you don't seem happy. Are you in a bad mood? If so, I suggest taking a break from the internet and doing some physical exercise. It's a sad fact of modern living that the amount of time the average man spends using the internet daily has been rising, while the amount of time the average man spends doing physical exercise daily has been decreasing. The ancient Greeks believed in the ideal of a healthy mind in a healthy body and I believe in that ideal as well.
Calm down, lil' sister. I was just making a joke about the whole thing...which it is. You're the one posting paragraph after paragraph defending watching Dallas...
tumblr_n9v7ck8JxF1rey868o1_500.gif

Calm down, lil' sister. I was just making a joke about the whole thing...which it is. You're the one posting paragraph after paragraph defending watching Dallas...
tumblr_n9v7ck8JxF1rey868o1_500.gif

One of the things about the internet that is inferior to phone conversation is it robs people if using vocal inflections and such to give an idea if the spirit one's words are being delivered. I didn't know you were joking about this whole thing.

Another drawback of the internet is it enables you to address me a "lil sister," That's not something you'd do in a face to face situation and I base that upon the fact that nobody has ever addressed me as "lil sister" or any other female name in a face to face situation. While you claim to be joking, and maybe in a way you are, I still think you're honestly in a bad mood which is why I suggested exercise. Exercise increases the amount of endorphins created which tends to elevate mood.

I don't know where you got the idea I was defending watching Dallas. Where did you get the idea that watching Dallas needed defending? If the most successful drama series of all time requires defending then so does every other television drama series, which of course would be absurd. The reason I included statistics regarding the success of the series was to demonstrate that the current vast array of television programs now available for viewing, as vast as it is, is sadly lacking a family saga in the style of Dallas.

The "who shot JR" cliffhanger was maybe the first time in my life I noticed everybody suddenly cared about something very few cared about before

I rented some of the DVDs a few years ago to see what the fuss was all about back in the day. The show had more realistic characters which was unique back then. It was more of a really good drama than a soap opera, however, I really did not get into it that much. I may give it another shot.

Prime Victoria Principal is a good reason to watch the show

I'm sure I caught a few episodes as a kid. I actually liked the (fairly) recent remake. Too bad it ended so quick. Wasn't great or anything like that, just some fun tv.

I'm sure I caught a few episodes as a kid. I actually liked the (fairly) recent remake. Too bad it ended so quick. Wasn't great or anything like that, just some fun tv.

The critics surprisingly liked the remake for the most part and it ran for three seasons so I might give it another shot.

I recall the intro and wanting Pam and Lucy to ride my face. I also remember the "who shot JR" cliffhanger.

Dallas had the best run if any Tv drama ever. In its peak years was consistently the highest Neilsen rated show. J.R. Ewing was an icon! The episode where the viewers found out he shot him both set and still holds the record Neilsen rating for an episode of a one hour drama show.
I thought that show was awful. Just a nighttime soap opera.

AMC has a new show who is some kind of Dallas with more blood.
It's called The Son and is about a familly of Texas ranchers who try to start an oil empire in the 1910's with Pierce Brosnan playing an JR kind of family patriarch.

Back