Who’s the best fighter not in the UFC?

Oh yeah forgot askren he’s a good choice too. Yeah fa sho I think he’d bust mvp up based on what I’ve seen but mvp could win that fight as well. His tdd when engaged is pretty average so far but he’s good at Circling away from that at distance with his footwork, I don’t think that’d work against askren but that would be bad ass to find out.

well since most of people that mvp fought had .500 records or were 155ers acting like 170ers there no way to tell how good he might be.

I'll check his fights out.

Thanks!

Be sure to check out his Bellator debut when he got dropped and choked out in 30 seconds by a journeyman.

I kid, dude is legit and is going places

Bibiano Fernandes and Martin Nguyen both in One FC are extremely good fighters.

Mousasi. I still can't believe the UFC just let him go. Pfft.

I thought people were being sarcastic with Pico. Dude got murked in his debut against an opponent fighter and they fed him bigger cans since then. He'll get worked by good fighters.

I would say Rory or Benson

Follow up question: do you think the UFC is slowly losing its grip on having the best fighters?
Benson has been doing okay at best since leaving the UFC.
Its gotta be Rory, Moose, Chandler, or Askren.

I see where you're coming from, but don't think that's totally accurate. What about Zabit Magomedsharipov? Fuck, I can't believe that's actually a name. Khabib? Conor back on the day? Mirsad Bektic?

Sure, Aaron Pico is a big prospect that Bellaire scooped up, but I find it funny how ppl conveniently forget how he was waxed in his debut by a journeyman. Almost all elite, GOAT contenders have similar losses, but he hasn't done enough to prove that wasn't a fluke yet.

Hard agree with your statement on Pico, so nice to see someone actually talk some sense on him instead of eating up the hype haha

I see where you're coming from, but don't think that's totally accurate. What about Zabit Magomedsharipov? Fuck, I can't believe that's actually a name. Khabib? Conor back on the day? Mirsad Bektic?

Sure, Aaron Pico is a big prospect that Bellaire scooped up, but I find it funny how ppl conveniently forget how he was waxed in his debut by a journeyman. Almost all elite, GOAT contenders have similar losses, but he hasn't done enough to prove that wasn't a fluke yet.
Your assessment of Pico is a bit harsh. Sure he got beat in his debut against a guy who recently fought for a title in another promotion. But since then he dropped to his natural weight class and has KO'd everyone they put infront of him. He does have a lot of hype that is unwarranted because he's green but I think him and Ed Ruth are phenomenal prospects.

cant say mvp since all he does is beat cans.

I can say whatever I want ;)

For real though you are right but though he hasnt fought anyone particularly good he is still quite clearly a very good fighter and I'd love to see him against a Wonderboy/Till type

I think he'd be in for a long and boring night against someone like Colby or Usman

Ben Askren is 1st.
Second is nobody.
3rd is whoever

Back