Who´s the more well rounded champion: Daniel Cormier or Tyron Woodley?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Woodley KOed Lawler and almost did the same to Wonderboy and choked Till.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

PointlessEducatedBongo-size_restricted.gif

DC used his submission skills twice against Johnson and KOed Stipe.
grinds-a-tired-rumble-down-gets-the-finish.gif

ObviousGrotesqueGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

Thoughts?

The guy with "Two" UFC belts...

<DC-Champ>

Daniel is the best fighter on the planet not named Jon Jones.

I give the edge to DC.

DC has superior wrestling and utilizes it much better in MMA.
We see alot more of DC's ground game than Tyrons (his submission of till was his first sub victory in the UFC)
DC has much better cardio, pace, and endurance. We have seen Tyron fade in wonderboy and maia fights.
DC has just as much KO power as woodley but woodley is a KO artist while DC is techncially not.

Overall we see DC display more tools and win in more ways than Tyron, so DC for the win

woodley by a mile

when last time you seen dc land a good kick?

I give the edge to DC only because of cardio.

More of a fan of Woodley though.

I'm voting DC. His striking seems more complete, he also uses all of his toldt. Woodley, sticks to big right hand and TD defense usually

<36>

Come on son

It's DC. Woodley is a great fighter but the holes is his game are more pronounced and were exploited by much lesser fighters than a roided up Jon Jones

Woodley. He is also straight up one of the best prepared fighters too, really high fight IQ.

DC he's accomplished more and he's fat. I don't think Woodley would be where he is with the same bmi as DC.
DC is better at everything.

I’ll give it to DC. When a 40 year old fatty can win two UFC belts, he sure must be well rounded.

Both are physically gifted but welterweight is a substantially advanced division compared to 205/265.

Look at the 10th best guys in those divisions, its embarrassing. The level of athleticism and skill is atrocious. So I think its hard to compare.

DC for his part, along with Jones and Gus, are the only elite guys at light heavyweight who are athletically gifted and highly skilled.

We never got to see DC fight in his prime. It's overwhelmingly likely if he started earlier, a well trained 29 year old DC absolutely smashes the guy he is today.

So far Jones, albeit a cheater, is the best we've seen up there. He literally beat DC to sleep.

Cormier and it's not even close. Woodley is still easy to trap against the fence and his striking is too dependent on his right hand.

Back