Whittaker will head kick TKO Cockhold

If it ends like that my 'whittaker is a superior kicker' thread shall be gloriously bumped

Luke will pepper Whittaker with body kicks before clinching and getting a takedown, land some good gnp and find a sub. Maybe.

It seems unlikely.
Jacare and ROMERO couldn’t take Bobby down, but Rocksalt can...?
My memory of that fight is hazy, but didn't Jacare successfully get him down for a moment before Whittaker managed to escape?

Cheers SherBrah

Plot twist: Cockhold brutally head kick KOs Bobby ;(
Certainly within the realm of possiblilty, rockhold is lethal. But who will be harder to put away? It isnt rockhold.

Why is hating so popular on this forum? It's like people are actually proud of being haters. It's really embarrassing.

Luke will pepper Whittaker with body kicks before clinching and getting a takedown, land some good gnp and find a sub. Maybe.
He couldn’t pepper Branch, but you think he will ROBERT WHITTAKER???
Branch kept advancing and beating him up while isolating and smothering his kicks with ease, and Branch is kinda bummy.
Clinch? Even Romero couldn’t find it vs Robert.

My memory of that fight is hazy, but didn't Jacare successfully get him down for a moment before Whittaker managed to escape?
Iirc he did, but it was very brief.
If Jacare couldn’t hold him down, neither can Luke.

Iirc he did, but it was very brief.
If Jacare couldn’t hold him down, neither can Luke.
Luke has arguably the best top control in the sport. He's never lost a fight in which he was able to establish top control. Jacare is way more dangerous off his back and better at BJJ overall, but Rockhold is better at maintaining control in MMA, in addition to being giant for the division. Look what Luke did to Weidman once he got him down, Chris was completely helpless.

I'm not sure that Luke will be able to take Rob down, but if he does, I don't see Rob making it out.

He couldn’t pepper Branch, but you think he will ROBERT WHITTAKER???
Branch kept advancing and beating him up while isolating and smothering his kicks with ease, and Branch is kinda bummy.
Clinch? Even Romero couldn’t find it vs Robert.

Ok...we will just go with your assessment. No one else should have an opinion.

I’m backing my assessment with arguments. Where are yours?

Rockhold is much bigger and taller than Whittaker. I think Rockhold will be able to keep him at bay with his kicks. If Rockhold gets tagged with a few shots he will clinch and look for the takedown. Rockhold can mount anyone and does it with ease. Some GnP with a sub finish.

I like Whittaker. Great fighter, tough as nails. I don't think he will win. That is my opinion.

Cheers.

From the way Whittaker looked in the Yoel fight it's hard to see anyone beating him. Rockhold is a really good fighter but I hope he get's KO'd

Back