Whittaker out of the Commonwealth games

The have wrestling at the British Commonwealth Games? Ahahaha hopefully there is a live stream.

Australia wrestling must be really weak.

This guy probably wouldn't make D1 wrestling in states...

I've coached wrestling in both countries. I cannot comment on Whittaker's wrestling since I have never seen him on the mat. However, yes, the guys competing at the NCAAs this weekend would likely become national champs in Australia.

With that said, I think it sucks Robert can't compete in the Commonwealth Games.

If an athlete wants to compete for his/her country, the UFC (MLB, NBA, NHL, etc.) should let them. After all, it's good press for both the athlete and the organization.

Heck, someone may see Whittaker win/lose a close match against a decent wrestler from India, Nigeria, or South Africa and then become a fan of him....and thus the UFC.

I may be in the minority, but I think it would be positive marketing for the UFC to encourage their athletes to compete in other sports. For instance, much was stated a few years ago that the Diaz brothers were triathletes. The UFC should have pushed them into the Ironman and then said "Tune in to NBC Sport's coverage of the Ironman Triathlon on Saturday afternoon."

Cross promotion isn't a bad thing

Whittaker gets injured taking a nap. No shit the UFC doesn't want him doing this shit
I think you are confused, he hasn't pulled out of any fights with an injury. He got a staph infection which spread right through his gym. calm down.

Yet completely shut down the wrestling of an Olympic medalist? Also with an injured knee.

Completely? In MMA?

Romero would steal Whittaker's soul in straight wrestling match.

Romero was the one who was fighting on short notice. Injuries comes in varying degrees, and what about Romero?

it sucks, but realistically he can't compete with the top tier guys in wrestling alone, still would've been a great experience though

Completely? In MMA?

Romero would steal Whittaker's soul in straight wrestling match.

Romero was the one who was fighting on short notice. Injuries comes in varying degrees, and what about Romero?
and now imagine a 30 year old Romero vs Robert in a wrestling match

Athletes have to make these choices. A lot of NBA players choose not to go to the Olympics due to fear of injuries.
Hell, some soccer players don't even play in the world cup if their club opposes it. The club pays the big money, international competition is peanuts.

I've coached wrestling in both countries. I cannot comment on Whittaker's wrestling since I have never seen him on the mat. However, yes, the guys competing at the NCAAs this weekend would likely become national champs in Australia.

With that said, I think it sucks Robert can't compete in the Commonwealth Games.

If an athlete wants to compete for his/her country, the UFC (MLB, NBA, NHL, etc.) should let them. After all, it's good press for both the athlete and the organization.

Heck, someone may see Whittaker win/lose a close match against a decent wrestler from India, Nigeria, or South Africa and then become a fan of him....and thus the UFC.

I may be in the minority, but I think it would be positive marketing for the UFC to encourage their athletes to compete in other sports. For instance, much was stated a few years ago that the Diaz brothers were triathletes. The UFC should have pushed them into the Ironman and then said "Tune in to NBC Sport's coverage of the Ironman Triathlon on Saturday afternoon."

Cross promotion isn't a bad thing

Could Austrailina champ crack a d1 roster?

Whittaker gets injured taking a nap. No shit the UFC doesn't want him doing this shit
He has only pulled out of one fight in his whole career.. he isn't that bad just yet.

Oh well, I was only going to watch the Commonwealth games for Whittaker wrestling. At least I don't have to watch some boring matches. International Freestyle is the best.

^^^
IM KIDDING!
A part of me wishes you didn’t say it was a joke and just left it alone for 24 hours.
I bet you’d have at least 5 people attacking you like wolves. Let them have a stroke over it while you sit back and laugh

A part of me wishes you didn’t say it was a joke and just left it alone for 24 hours.
I bet you’d have at least 5 people attacking you like wolves. Let them have a stroke over it while you sit back and laugh
lol ya it was a bit quick damnit

Back