Whittaker is just better than Romero. Plain and Simple

if romero hadnt have fell and been gassed

but that didn't happen because Romero doesn't have champion-level cardio and thus he lost because of a personal weakness.

Where's the unfairness and why do you expect that to be different for the rematch when stamina is something that has been notoriously difficult for fighters to improve [for whatever reason], especially at Romero's age?

The fact is that a young shredded karateka is just too hard for these wrestlers with their basic striking to handle. I'd advise they put on a gi, bow to their sensei, and play catch up as fast as they can before its too late.

It was actually Roberts kicking game that stifled Yoel, he was having trouble closing the distance and landing first the way Robert used that front kick to keep Yoel from engaging.

Yoel is and has been with a new coach. A TKD coach who is helping him solve those kick defense/counter problems. It worked stifling Lukes game.

Im a big fan of both these guys but Id say dead even again in the rematch.
dude a new tkd coach is not going to help against a life time of karate. Lukes kicking game is also not very close to Roberts and unlike robert he isnt a black belt.

And Bendo was overrated, the mw top 5 would kill Anderson, Stipe mauls prime Cro Cop/Nog, And DC kills Chuck/Rampage/Hendo without much effort?

It is easy to believe the hype. The UFC is doing a good job of making kids believe that the current fighters Are the best ever. It is their job as promotors. Don’t be naive.
Stipe beats Nog, cro cop might be tough. Anderson would lose to Yoel, Weidman and probably jacare. DC destroys chuck/rampage/hendo.

Are you retarded. How is he wetlerweight sized. Have you seen him in real life. He cuts from 215 pounds. He is atleast 200 in cage. Same as romero. They are similar in size. Whittaker is samoan. Those dudes are naturally bulkier albeit they carry a bit more fat.
Gastulem would be welterweight sized.
Put him up next to whittaker and you will realizr how big whittaker is.
he's only a quarter somoan, bro.

dude a new tkd coach is not going to help against a life time of karate. Lukes kicking game is also not very close to Roberts and unlike robert he isnt a black belt.

Youre right, but cant a coach with a lifetime of training world class competitors for the olympics at least streamline some of the “lifetime of karate” knowledge. Especially defensively, which is easier to learn than the offense.

And TKD point style of fighting might actually be good for a guy like Yoel, I mean he only gotta touch you once with the right shot......

Youre right, but cant a coach with a lifetime of training world class competitors for the olympics at least streamline some of the “lifetime of karate” knowledge. Especially defensively, which is easier to learn than the offense.

And TKD point style of fighting might actually be good for a guy like Yoel, I mean he only gotta touch you once with the right shot......
Yoel has actually pretty good attributes for tkd/karate. He's loose,limber, and quick. That was smart of him to get that coach. The thing is the lunging front kick isnt used ( at least from what I've seen ) that often in point tkd because of the side ways stance. Bobby obviously got that from his goju ryu or hapkido training. I'm guessing the former. I'm sure he can learn alot about distance and other things tho.

Romero always has a chance but if Whittaker is healthy I think he gets the finish this time. Whittakers TDD is unreal.

If Bobby looked like Yoel and still fought like he does, he would be the biggest thing around here since Brocktober. Sherdog has always had a closeted gay thing going on, where they love the big muscle bound fighters above the extremely skilled one. Even GSP knew this and said he only pumped iron for marketing purposes - which begs the question, 'why get jacked up when the only people that watch this sport are men'? It is obviously because there is a big closeted bi/gay element to this community.

I think he has to knock Whittaker out cold to win.

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

I’m going with the younger guy... while I wait for the division to heal up.

That 'medio welterweight' is on an incredible run. He's only fighting who they are putting in front of him which is a bunch of killers.

giphy.gif

Anderson wouldn't be able to hold most of these guy's jocks in a fight, never seen a fighter as overrated as Anderson Silva.

I love Hendo, however, he'd struggle to beat most of the top guys today, too.

LOL. The most overrated fighter in the history of the division is the current champion. Wins a razor close split decision and all of a sudden he's unbeatable. Dude was getting KOed by welterweights like a year ago.

LOL. The most overrated fighter in the history of the division is the current champion. Wins a razor close split decision and all of a sudden he's unbeatable. Dude was getting KOed by welterweights like a year ago.

Try three or four years ago.

And fighters improve overtime. Weird concept, I know.

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

I’m going with the younger guy... while I wait for the division to heal up.
40 year old wrestler that's beaten just about every elite middleweight in the world outside of one of the greatest fighters of our generation, Bobby Knuckles.

Romero can end your night with a single strike, and Whittaker's been knocked senseless by a WW, so ya, anything can happen.

but that didn't happen because Romero doesn't have champion-level cardio and thus he lost because of a personal weakness.

Where's the unfairness and why do you expect that to be different for the rematch when stamina is something that has been notoriously difficult for fighters to improve [for whatever reason], especially at Romero's age?
I said Whittaker has better cardio, Romero does have the cardio to go 5 rounds depending on how he fights. If Rockhold had survived round 3 would yoel have gassed by round 5 like the whittaker fight? Probably not. Yoel did an uncharacteristically bad job of controlling the pace for the first 2 rounds against whittaker by going all out on his wrestling, maybe he underestimated his opponents wrestling. If yoel can exert the same level of pace control he has in almost all his other fights , he has a great chance of winning.

Yoel learns from his fight and has great fight iq. He now has ample footage to adjust his wrestling and striking accordingly. Very interesting to see where this goes.

Note from the first fight. After Whittaker was moving all fine and well, showing his footwork to be the same injury or not, he still had trouble catching Yoel. He admitted after that he was very annoyed trying to catch Yoel. Yoel is underrated on how elusive and hard to find a good shot on is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Romero is a beast but he just doesnt throw enough strikes to beat a healthy Whittaker.

He is obviously very explosive and athletic (Joe Rogan Voice) and can knock out anybody on any given night....
But during rounds he seems to just wait for the big shot, throw a few, conserve his energy, do it again, and again.. etc... But that aint working against that boy Bobby Knuckles. He moves too much, his footworks is awesome, he stays busy, he throws alot more kicks, and has clearly one of the most underrated takedown defenses in the game. Whittaker is just better.. Dude stuffed most of Romeros takedowns and when he was taken down he popped back up.. BEAST

And we have yet to see him fight Romero for longer than 1 round with a healthy knee.

Lets just starch Jacare and beat Romero 2 times in a row and become
of the greatest MW's ever. Lets just do that.

Romero aint winning this one boys. Bobby by decision again

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

(How the hell does somebody eat that shot though? Iron chin Yoel)

Lets make no mistake about it. Robert has had no time to improve since their last fight while Romero showed vast improvements in the Rockhold fight. This rematch is really interesting imo.

I'd favor Whittaker slightly but the first fight was 2-2 going into the 5th, which was pretty even until Romero slipped.

Back