Whittaker is just better than Romero. Plain and Simple

It’s still a pick em fight really, and one I’m happy to see again. Whitaker finally got some props in our press after the first one for winning on one leg, one of the toughest things I’ve seen in the cage.

yeah, whittaker is just everyones worst matchup tbh, faster/better hands, absolutely ridiculous TDD/ability to get up, young.

how the fuck are you gonna keep stuffing romero on one fuckin good knee?

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

I’m going with the younger guy... while I wait for the division to heal up.
<Huh2>

be quiet man, christ.

Like a lot of Romero fights, Yoel has to land a big fight changing or ending blow to win. He isn't going to out volume or out point Whittaker. He needs to land something huge.

As an Aussie and a massive Bob fan Romero can definitely win this fight.

And Bendo was overrated, the mw top 5 would kill Anderson, Stipe mauls prime Cro Cop/Nog, And DC kills Chuck/Rampage/Hendo without much effort?

It is easy to believe the hype. The UFC is doing a good job of making kids believe that the current fighters Are the best ever. It is their job as promotors. Don’t be naive.
I'm objectively analyzing the fighters and their skillsets. Fuck the marketing.

And Bendo was overrated, the mw top 5 would kill Anderson, Stipe mauls prime Cro Cop/Nog, And DC kills Chuck/Rampage/Hendo without much effort?

It is easy to believe the hype. The UFC is doing a good job of making kids believe that the current fighters Are the best ever. It is their job as promotors. Don’t be naive.

Well they are better. The sport evolved. The fighters evolved..

A 40 year old wrestler with terrible cardio vs a medio welterweight. The mw division is really in a bad state.

Are you retarded. How is he wetlerweight sized. Have you seen him in real life. He cuts from 215 pounds. He is atleast 200 in cage. Same as romero. They are similar in size. Whittaker is samoan. Those dudes are naturally bulkier albeit they carry a bit more fat.
Gastulem would be welterweight sized.
Put him up next to whittaker and you will realizr how big whittaker is.

Romero will win by knee KO! Just think of it this way, the champ had to fight perfectly not to lose, but it's not going to happen because his foe had upped his striking skills to a new level. He was toying with the cuck, remember?

3 round fight Romero wins
5 round fight Whitaker wins.

Like a lot of Romero fights, Yoel has to land a big fight changing or ending blow to win. He isn't going to out volume or out point Whittaker. He needs to land something huge.
Not a bad possibility Yoel's really getting better every fight if he can start mixing in strikes with his takedowns he certainly can tag whittaker.

This is a joke, right? This is the best the Middleweight division has ever looked. Ten times better than Anderson fighting journeyman like Chael and Patrick Cote. Or Leites getting a title shot by defeating McFedries. Romero, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Gastelum, etc would kill all of those guys, Anderson included.

Both are insane athletes. Romero still so dangerous In there.

Hope Whitaker can take it

his td defense was incredible the first fight

fight was literally even until the last half of the last round? if romero hadnt have fell and been gassed he could have easily been the victor. After the rockhold fight, and how good romeros hands looked, the only real advantage I give whittaker is cardio. If romero can control the wrestling a little better and not be so gassed by round 3 he could take this fight

It was actually Roberts kicking game that stifled Yoel, he was having trouble closing the distance and landing first the way Robert used that front kick to keep Yoel from engaging.

Yoel is and has been with a new coach. A TKD coach who is helping him solve those kick defense/counter problems. It worked stifling Lukes game.

Im a big fan of both these guys but Id say dead even again in the rematch.

Back