Whittaker is Brad Tavaras vs Yoel

L

Lissove

Brad also had very good tdd and was considered strong and scrapy, but look how easily Yoel ragdolled him by setting his takedowns up. As the fight was going on, Yoel has tired, yes, but Brad got sloppy too, and Yoel punished every sloppy attempt to close the distance.

We all know whittaker is much better than tavares. He ktfo him com'on.
He has surprised me a lot in his last few fights. I think he is a little stiff and i don't like his stance but the guy has power and great grappling/tdd. Jacare is one of the best mws and he dominated him. It was a great performance. His striking will be key in this fight imo.

We don't know if Yoel is gonna use his takedowns. That's the biggest question mark in this fight.

Yoel decided to kickbox Machida for 2 rounds...

Would've posted Yoel finishing Brad too... but... you know..... he didn't...

Whittaker is in different league compared to Tavares. Some of the easiest money I've made was Robert vs Brad that night with nice underdog odds lol.

The only comparison fight to make is

Romero vs Lyoto and how when Yoel decided he had had enough, he ended it

Just because they have both been on TUF, have Pacific roots, and tight facial hair, doesn't mean they're the same pwrson.

You really don't think there is a difference between Robert and Brad?

<DrakeLaugh>

Brad also had very good tdd and was considered strong and scrapy, but look how easily Yoel ragdolled him by setting his takedowns up. As the fight was going on, Yoel has tired, yes, but Brad got sloppy too, and Yoel punished every sloppy attempt to close the distance.
you just compared whitaker to tavares

how fucking drunk are you. jesus it's 9 in the morning.

Whitaker TKO rd2.

The biggest difference and the key difference IMHO is that Whittaker has power and Tavares does not. Huge difference. Yoel didn't have to worry about getting hit by Tavares. He better worry about getting hit by Whittaker.

The only comparison fight to make is

Romero vs Lyoto and how when Yoel decided he had had enough, he ended it
Machida doesnt have Whittaker's hands or speed, at least at that point in his career.

Whittaker has great kicks and good boxing. Its a 50/50 in my eyes and im looking forward to it.

Machida doesnt have Whittaker's hands or speed, at least at that point in his career.

Machida was old and coming off those two consecutive losses to Weidman and Luke going into the Romero fight. Machida never looked the same after that Weidman fight, all his rippling muscles, lightning quick striking and newly found aggression just went away. I really do not think Romero would have beaten the Machida we saw fight Mousasi.

Machida was old and coming off those two consecutive losses to Weidman and Luke going into the Romero fight. Machida never looked the same after that Weidman fight, all his rippling muscles, lightning quick striking and newly found aggression just went away. I really do not think Romero would have beaten the Machida we saw fight Mousasi.
haha its a nice thought as machida is my favorite fighter.

haha its a nice thought as machida is my favorite fighter.

I definitely think he was on something when he dropped down to 185lbs. He was what, 36-37? Faster than I've ever seen him, more aggressive than I've ever seen him, more ripped than he's ever been. That's not normal, I gave him the benefit of the doubt but once USADA came around, he showed up to that Rockhold fight looking soft, slow and apprehensive...still supremely skilled but you could tell he had an abrupt change in his abilities from just his last couple of fights both in demeanor and physically which is not normal either. This was right around the time USADA was put in place.

Fight fans have a hard time taking age into the consideration, but kind of like the Joshua vs Wlad fight, I have no doubt who the better boxer is between them it just so happened the better boxer was 41 years old. I feel that way about Machida too, the LHW Machida we saw coming up in the UFC would have stopped Romero dead in his tracks I think. Although it's astounding how cat like Yoel Romero is at 40 himself, however I expect Robert to get a decision win or a TKO probably in the 2nd round which kind of pisses me off...WHittaker is young and will get his chance but Yoel and Jacare already earned theirs for the last couple of years and have just been getting fucked.

Back