Whittaker is a very strong athlete who doesn't perceive himself as such

L

Lissove

The athleticism and durability he possesses are really good, but for some reason or another, and especially now as he comes from WW, he is seen as a striker and a skillful fighter rather than as a remarkable athlete. I don't know how much he sees himself as one, but what's sure is that he fights like he is fragile, that is, cautiously. Like a cat who knows he is slim but still manages to defeat its adversary through nimbleness and cunning, and here we have someone who could take a punch and wrestle with the same strenght or greater , as if he plays an act to deceive his opponents who would want to overpower him if only they could catch him.

umn, yes, he has good footwork and is very light on his feet compared to most other 185ers.

His style reminds me of what Lawler said before his fight against Woodley. He basically said that he has good wrestling and strength, but just uses those attributes to keep the fight standing, where he feels like he has the advantage.

RockSalt is gonna be KOd. That's all I know.

He's a Darren Till and 3/4's.

He's THAT "once ever in human history," ask Yoel bout Bobby and he'll see yoooo sooooo, booooy

Its all in his timing, footwork, range control and counter ability

Hid footwork against Jacare lead to a near flawless fight

Capture.jpg

<{hfved}>

Brunson, Souza, and Romero. Add Rockhold to that streak...

<{danawhoah}>

I think stephen thompson taught him a lesson in footwork and angles. he learned from that fight. after that his game skyrocketed as his footwork and hands just became more lethal.

Built like a brick shithouse, but moves like a feather. Talented striker with his hands and feet, and is now so good at wrestling, he's representing Australia at the Commonwealth Games. I truly hope he becomes an all-time great at 185, because he's a perfect ambassador for the sport, in both skill and character.

I think he has pretty much the perfect style for his body / his talents. He's a striker foremost, with good defensive wrestling. I think if he fights any other way, he'd just not be playing into his own strengths.

If Rockhold is at 100% physically and mentally, I think he will be a challenge for Whittaker. Anyway, both are very talented and very strong and at their prime, so whoever wins this will be the rightful 185lbs champion (not a joke/fluke champ like Bisping or GSP).

Like a cat who knows he is slim but still manages to defeat its adversary through nimbleness and cunning, and here we have someone who could take a punch and wrestle with the same strenght or greater , as if he plays an act to deceive his opponents who would want to overpower him if only they could catch him.
ddfc26e977b9fee458a8c135a01c474c.gif

Let's go Whittaker! He's a humble champ that fought a gauntlet of killers at 185

I don't see it the way some do, one of the things I like about him is he doesn't wait to counter.

If he was able to stop Romero's TDs with one leg (his knee got fucked up) for 5 Rounds, Luke is in trouble.

robert whittaker plays old school runescape lol playing that probably helps with his timing and accuracy. NERD POWER UNITE

robert whittaker plays old school runescape lol playing that probably helps with his timing and accuracy. NERD POWER UNITE
Runescape? WTF. I haven’t even heard of that game in over a decade.

Back