Whittaker hadn't pulled out of a fight prior to winning the belt

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It seems to be a trend, DC hadn't pulled out before getting the belt as well. I know there's more on the line but this shit is annoying.

Some fighters will pull out just to extend another six months of calling themselves 'champ'. It's good for business, their brand.

Here come the tinfoil hat wearing dipshits.

Because they are willing to fight injured before they establish themselves.

considering he wont be able to compete in Australia i do not think this is on purpose.

I believe Whittaker is not the type to sit out injured because he wants to be champ a little longer (bisping). It’s sucks but injuries are a part of sports especially combat sports, especially MMA

must've started training at AKA.

I'm not even a fan of his, but I really don't think Whittaker's like that. Plus, we already knew that he had a knee injury, so it's not like this is coming out of nowhere.

It's the right move.

If he fights injured and loses, all you dipwads would start saying how 'overrated' and lucky he was to get the belt in the first place.

Get healthy and return. Not like he's holding up a division..

Miss the days when you have champions that would fight injured like Hughes, Liddell, Fedor, Cro Cop and Weidman.

All of these fighters today are too soft.

Miss the days when you have champions that would fight injured like Hughes, Liddell, Fedor, Cro Cop and Weidman.

All of these fighters today are too soft.
Go in the octogon and fight injured against world class fighters, then you can talk.

Some fighters will pull out just to extend another six months of calling themselves 'champ'. It's good for business, their brand.

It does seem to be a much more common practice lately. Guys fight regularly, then when they win the title, they take an extended break to heal up. Contenders would fight with a broken neck, but when they get the strap put around their waist they're pulling out of fights over a splinter, lol.

Last edited:
People are willing to take less chances when they have more to lose than when they have something to gain.

Such is life...

Last edited:
Not all champions pull out.
Aldo never pulled out of fight after he won belt....

It seems to be a trend, DC hadn't pulled out before getting the belt as well. I know there's more on the line but this shit is annoying.
It's not unlikely that when you get the belt you train harder because there'll be more on the line and the harder training leads to more injuries.

Whittaker fought most of his fight against Romero injured, as Rogan pointed out numerous times during the fight, so it's no big surprise he has health issues now.

I don't think Whittaker is a ducker, esp. when he was the fav. against the former champion with weak boxing defence.

Back