Whittaker gives himself a "50% chance" of beating Yoel in the rematch.

Whitaker is such a cool guy. All the luck to him in his upcoming fight, he'll definitely need it. If he wins hopefully he can start getting the respect he deserves.

Humble guy. Whittaker is a cool dude, like most Australian fighters.

But there is this one guy who makes up for the lack of uncool Aussie fighters lol

Screen-Shot-2015-03-05-at-2.34.17-PM.png

He had a bum knee in that fight and still won so the rematch should be in his favor. It doesn't look good that Romero wasn't even close to making weight in his last fight either. Whitaker has more than a 50% chance.

1. The knee was injured by Romero's offense.

2. Romero took the Rockhold fight on short notice to save that Australia card and cut his camp short by two weeks. He'd never missed weight before in his competitive career.

3. I'd pick Whittaker to win the rematch too. I'm just tired of the false narrative about the first fight being some kind of blow out for Whittaker. It was 2/2 going into the fifth, and the last round was close. If win Whittaker wins again, it's not going to be easy.

In Spanish the y is pronounced like a j just like in portugués the r is pronounced like a h

giphy.gif

Americans are so fucking dumb. They are so self loathing that they are incapable of viewing things objectively & for what they are. Especially American millennials. No offense to you personally if you're an American, I am not, but have spent six years of my life in the US & it is a place completely devoid of logic/reason. Much like Japan, ironically! Lol

Precisely. Self loathing weaklings. It goes hand in hand. Americans despise strength or anyone with it.

Compared to Fedor. "This guy is taking food off my family's table and must be wiped from the map."

Sapp and Rampage didn't even know the joke was on them either. Neither do these other idiot PRIDE fans it seems.

Romero is a bit older, and Whittaker is a bit less healthy.

The second fight will be a slightly toned down version of the first one.

And he's right, it's very 50-50. I don't mind either guy winning.

2. Romero took the Rockhold fight on short notice to save that Australia card and cut his camp short by two weeks. He'd never missed weight before in his competitive career.

3. I'd pick Whittaker to win the rematch too. I'm just tired of the false narrative about the first fight being some kind of blow out for Whittaker. It was 2/2 going into the fifth, and the last round was close. If win Whittaker wins again, it's not going to be easy.
yeah i'm not sure who's saying the fight was a blowout for whittaker, it was clear when watching that whoever took the 5th was gonna win.

and yeah romero fucked whittaker's knee, good on him but whittaker still beat him one one good leg which is impressive as fuck.

It sucks the UFC fan base loves persona and childish buffoons like Conor instead of the quiet killers.

The UFC fan base that loves buffoons actually pay for the product.

The fan base that loves "the quiet killers" are the streaming parasites who don't give a dime to the sport.

Arguably the best strength of schedule in the history of the division.

He goes on an 8 fight tear to the title capping it by sleeping Brunson, CRUSHING Jacare and then beating Romero.

Really amazing dude all around.

Romero had the toughest schedule. Kennedy, Machida, Jacare, Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, probably leaving some out.

I'm sorry, but that's not the mindset of a champion, and idoesn't do much to hype the fight when you're basically saying it's coin toss.

Also, I always find it humorous how posters on here will suddenly declare a fighter their favorite fighter because he says something that comes across as timid, or overly polite. It has a kind of good doggy/eager to please feeling too it.

Ultimately, he just doesn't sound that confident.

1. Whittaker had MCL surgery four weeks before the fight, which of course affected his preparations, so it's not just the injury during the fight.

2. That's completely irrelevant since the "short notice" was still a month before the fight. That has no bearing on a weight cut whatsoever, especially not for an experienced amateur wrestler.

3. I didn't say anything about Whittaker winning easily so that point has nothing to do with my post.

Back