"Whites killed MLK. Now we honor him" - USA Today

....And Malcolm X was gunned down by black members of the nation of Islam and he's just a minor footnote in history.

Proving once again, that "black lives only matter when killed by a white person/cop"
Damn. That cut deep.

Well considering the persecution of blacks is one of the most fucked up and longer lasting oppressions in the United States, and the incredible bravery shown through the civil rights movement. It's important to remember that White America, truly treated blacks as subhuman until fairly recently.

I never understood whites who get so upset about white oppression and butthurt when it's brought up. Sure there were heroic whites like John Brown, who died trying to start what would have been glorious slave revolts across the country, but I believe even he, one of the most well known abolitionists spoke about the collective treatment of blacks.

I think its important to remember what happened and America should be forced to see how blacks were treated. It can't be ignored. It's also incredibly dismissive to act like "oh its over lets ignore it".

"White America" also fought and died to end slavery. White America also worked as hard as possible to get civil rights for all.

It is almost as if "White America" isn't a monolithic block.

....And Malcolm X was gunned down by black members of the nation of Islam and he's just a minor footnote in history.

Proving once again, that "black lives only matter when killed by a white person/cop"

roots-1977-luis-gossett-jr-levar-burton.jpg

How the fuck is this reasonable? I see that you've gone all the way.

I’ll let Ta-Nehisi Coates boil it down for you. White society was not achieved through “wine tastings and ice cream socials, but rather through the pillaging of life, liberty, labor and land.” In short, through three centuries of kidnapping, torture, murder and rape. Broken teeth, broken bones and broken spirits. Families ripped apart. Children taken from their parents. Men humiliated in front of their wives. Women brutalized within earshot of their husbands. Lash after bloody lash on bare backs. Then, sleep on a bare wooden floor. No doctor, no dentist, no nothing. Just non-stop misery with a few hymns on Sunday.

We built an entire society on these bruised and broken backs. That and countless Native Americans driven off their land. Then, after the house of horrors fell, and the sin was purged by the blood of more than a half-million young mostly white men, white America still did not relent. Despite passage of the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution, states found ways to disenfranchise blacks. We took back the vote, cordoned blacks off in the most undesirable parts of our cities, forced them into inferior schools and denied them opportunities. Few blacks owned their homes. Many could not read and write. Thousands were lynched. That’s Southern for murdered without a trial. Imagine if that’s what black men had done to Robert De Niro or David Bowie for marrying black women.

Every nation was built on the blood and bones of those too weak to defend themselves. Might makes Right. It always has and it always will.

Anyone who tells you different is selling something:rolleyes:

"White America" also fought and died to end slavery. White America also worked as hard as possible to get civil rights for all.

It is almost as if "White America" isn't a monolithic block.

I agree in some respects, but it took the national guard to protect small black children from hordes of violent whites. I also think it's important to understand where people are coming from and why they feel the way they do.

I think it's the most " i need a safe space" response when a lot of whites are confronted with the brutal treatment of blacks in America.

Thank God to the brave men who fought to end slavery. The Fighting 69th is a source of Irish American pride for me, thank God for people like Bernie Sanders, arrested for fighting segregation.

And there is merit in the white people who fought to end the brutal oppression of African Americans. Once you picked the side of morality many treated whites who fought for blacks with just as much, if not more, hate.

I myself was called a n*gger lover by numerous people in my hometown. But that's nothing to the people who took a stand to stand up against their peers to support treating blacks as people.

Am I allowed to post lynching photos here? When there was no justice, and the moments oft treated as an old school selfie moment.

I agree in some respects, but it took the national guard to protect small black children from hordes of violent whites. I also think it's important to understand where people are coming from and why they feel the way they do.

I think it's the most " i need a safe space" response when a lot of whites are confronted with the brutal treatment of blacks in America.

Thank God to the brave men who fought to end slavery. The Fighting 69th is a source of Irish American pride for me, thank God for people like Bernie Sanders, arrested for fighting segregation.

And there is merit in the white people who fought to end the brutal oppression of African Americans. Once you picked the side of morality many treated whites who fought for blacks with just as much, if not more, hate.

I myself was called a n*gger lover by numerous people in my hometown. But that's nothing to the people who took a stand to stand up against their peers to support treating blacks as people.

Am I allowed to post lynching photos here? When there was no justice, and the moments oft treated as an old school selfie moment.

"It took the National Guard to protect"....................

A National Guard comprised of white people, ordered by white leaders by a white government to protect people of color.

Maybe black neighborhoods can start forming groups to protect white people in their neighborhoods this year. That be cool.

Maybe black leaders could start talking about ending black on white crime?

tumblr_ojs23j2uwt1w3rlcto1_400.gif

"Whites" didn't kill MLK any more then "Blacks" stole someone's purse last week. Individuals did that, who are f***ed up for reasons that aren't caused by their skin color. This sloppy thinking and phrasing is how racism grows.

i love tucker carlsons befuddled expression when liberals are talking

tumblr_ojs23j2uwt1w3rlcto1_400.gif

"Whites" didn't kill MLK any more then "Blacks" stole someone's purse last week. Individuals did that, who are f***ed up for reasons that aren't caused by their skin color. This sloppy thinking and phrasing is how racism grows.

Not true, we are not all equal and some cultures are smarter and harder workers then others,
Some cultures are more violent.
Some cultures have shown little positive change in over 1,000 years.

And we can see this as well travel the globe to see what cultures have accomplished by themselves.

Individuals are messed up because some cultures are known for being horrible parents.

"It took the National Guard to protect"....................

A National Guard comprised of white people, ordered by white leaders by a white government to protect people of color.

Maybe black neighborhoods can start forming groups to protect white people in their neighborhoods this year. That be cool.

Maybe black leaders could start talking about ending black on white crime?

Oh thank you bossman for givins us the rights that you stoles away from us in the first place. Yous so benevolent. Yous so humble.

<mma3>

One thing is certain, wherever there is Islam, discord and violence increase.

My grandmother said he was a "whoremaster" but never knocked him for his message.
Thats all I really remember anyone saying about him in my family.

I don't know what the context was but he did get around like Bill Clinton. I think all the affairs MLK had didn't come out until much later though, to the public at large.

Jews killed Jesus.
Jesus > MLK
Jewish guilt > White guilt

am I doing it right?

I've never understood this. The Romans killed Jesus, so shouldn't it be Italian guilt?

Of course, Rome took charge of the religion, so I guess it's to the victors go the spoils.

If I made an opinion piece about how awesome it was for America that MLK was shot and killed honoring the shooter it would equal this "reasonable" opinion piece by USA Today.

But that's not what he said so it's not a good analogy. The title is clickbait. The content is far more reasonable.

How the fuck is this reasonable? I see that you've gone all the way.

I’ll let Ta-Nehisi Coates boil it down for you. White society was not achieved through “wine tastings and ice cream socials, but rather through the pillaging of life, liberty, labor and land.” In short, through three centuries of kidnapping, torture, murder and rape. Broken teeth, broken bones and broken spirits. Families ripped apart. Children taken from their parents. Men humiliated in front of their wives. Women brutalized within earshot of their husbands. Lash after bloody lash on bare backs. Then, sleep on a bare wooden floor. No doctor, no dentist, no nothing. Just non-stop misery with a few hymns on Sunday.

We built an entire society on these bruised and broken backs. That and countless Native Americans driven off their land. Then, after the house of horrors fell, and the sin was purged by the blood of more than a half-million young mostly white men, white America still did not relent. Despite passage of the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution, states found ways to disenfranchise blacks. We took back the vote, cordoned blacks off in the most undesirable parts of our cities, forced them into inferior schools and denied them opportunities. Few blacks owned their homes. Many could not read and write. Thousands were lynched. That’s Southern for murdered without a trial. Imagine if that’s what black men had done to Robert De Niro or David Bowie for marrying black women.

It's an interesting passage you quoted. What part of it is untrue?

White people didn't kill King a racist white person did.

If you don't understand the difference then hang your head in shame.

Back