"Whites killed MLK. Now we honor him" - USA Today

As opinion pieces go, it's reasonable. He's careful to not overextend his position into things where it doesn't belong. The title is pure clickbait though.

How the fuck is this reasonable? I see that you've gone all the way.

I’ll let Ta-Nehisi Coates boil it down for you. White society was not achieved through “wine tastings and ice cream socials, but rather through the pillaging of life, liberty, labor and land.” In short, through three centuries of kidnapping, torture, murder and rape. Broken teeth, broken bones and broken spirits. Families ripped apart. Children taken from their parents. Men humiliated in front of their wives. Women brutalized within earshot of their husbands. Lash after bloody lash on bare backs. Then, sleep on a bare wooden floor. No doctor, no dentist, no nothing. Just non-stop misery with a few hymns on Sunday.

We built an entire society on these bruised and broken backs. That and countless Native Americans driven off their land. Then, after the house of horrors fell, and the sin was purged by the blood of more than a half-million young mostly white men, white America still did not relent. Despite passage of the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution, states found ways to disenfranchise blacks. We took back the vote, cordoned blacks off in the most undesirable parts of our cities, forced them into inferior schools and denied them opportunities. Few blacks owned their homes. Many could not read and write. Thousands were lynched. That’s Southern for murdered without a trial. Imagine if that’s what black men had done to Robert De Niro or David Bowie for marrying black women.

I was pointing out that the murderer was a white male from the south. Race played a role here. A black person wasn't going to commit that crime. And do not conflate another situation with this one. I will ignore you.
This is a causation-correlation fallacy. "Whiteness" has no special causal power in behavior anymore then "blackness" or "Hispanicness" etc. do. I will conflate any relevant situation necessary to illustrate this point, at any time that I feel it is appropriate.
tumblr_static_infinite_deal_with_it_sunglasses_transparent_by_cknight70-d531nij.png

This is a causation-correlation fallacy. "Whiteness" has no special causal power in behavior anymore then "blackness" or "Hispanicness" etc. do. I will conflate any relevant situation necessary to illustrate this point, at any time that I feel it is appropriate.
tumblr_static_infinite_deal_with_it_sunglasses_transparent_by_cknight70-d531nij.png

Good post, but he was white. In the segregated south. As a white person systemic racism was forced into him.

Good post, but he was white. In the segregated south. As a white person systemic racism was forced into him.
Sure, but you're talking about a socioeconomic situation. Likewise, a black person may be a drug dealer because they grow up in a certain area where it's seen as a way out and others push it on him and see it as not immoral, but it's not because he's black.

Sure, but you're talking about a socioeconomic situation. Likewise, a black person may be a drug dealer because they grow up in a certain area where it's seen as a way out and others push it on him and see it as not immoral, but it's not because he's black.

Talking my language now.

Edit-Race still played a part. As in history plays a part. The times and all that.

Opinion piece and a very shitty one at that.

Thread worthy?

giphy.gif
I don't know man, but you may want to wait for your sherdog account to become at least a week old before you start giving out your opinion on thread worthiness.

People who bring up the past for purely reasons of aggitating large groups of people are insufferable and should be pushed off a cliff.

I don't know man, but you may want to wait for your sherdog account to become at least a week old before you start giving out your opinion on thread worthiness.

Good advice. Thanks.

Edit-"On a white line"? This song is clearly racist.

Last edited:
Stopped at "I’ll let Ta-Nehisi Coates boil it down for you."

Safe to assume the rest.
See, it's never enough. You can make the old whoremaster (HT Seano) a saint, you can elevate statues in his likeness, name streets / schools assorted public buildings after him, give him his own holiday, and every year it's the same old drill, that somehow Whites are to be held in collective guilt for stuff they had not an inkling to do with. Fuck that noise.
If we are applying collective guilt to Whites for sins of the past,we should be allowed (and be deemed "reasonable" in doing so) to apply it to other groups for sins of today. Fair is fair.

My dad called Martin Luther King an “agitator.” I bet a lot of white dads did. Seems like every time Dr. King showed up somewhere, things got torn up or burned up.

So we killed him. Not me, of course. I’m not a racist. But who thinks he is?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...315390/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not satire.
The first quarter of it was a poem. I don't really know what the purpose of the whole thing was. Wish I could comment on it, but I don't really get it.

The only white people that can be held accountable for MLK's murder are those that participated and actively facilitated his death. It would be unreasonable, petty and downright unjust for me to blame an entire people for the crimes of a relative few that happen to be a member of their group.

So by writing this has he sufficiently atoned for his Original Sin of whiteness, or will further displays of piety be required?

Stopped at "I’ll let Ta-Nehisi Coates boil it down for you."

Safe to assume the rest.
See, it's never enough. You can make the old whoremaster (HT Seano) a saint, you can elevate statues in his likeness, name streets / schools assorted public buildings after him, give him his own holiday, and every year it's the same old drill, that somehow Whites are to be held in collective guilt for stuff they had not an inkling to do with. Fuck that noise.
If we are applying collective guilt to Whites for sins of the past,we should be allowed (and be deemed "reasonable" in doing so) to apply it to other groups for sins of today. Fair is fair.

Well considering the persecution of blacks is one of the most fucked up and longer lasting oppressions in the United States, and the incredible bravery shown through the civil rights movement. It's important to remember that White America, truly treated blacks as subhuman until fairly recently.

I never understood whites who get so upset about white oppression and butthurt when it's brought up. Sure there were heroic whites like John Brown, who died trying to start what would have been glorious slave revolts across the country, but I believe even he, one of the most well known abolitionists spoke about the collective treatment of blacks.

I think its important to remember what happened and America should be forced to see how blacks were treated. It can't be ignored. It's also incredibly dismissive to act like "oh its over lets ignore it".

Had he not been killed, he would have never become a hero. Upsides and downsides.

Jews killed Jesus.
Jesus > MLK
Jewish guilt > White guilt

am I doing it right?

....And Malcolm X was gunned down by black members of the nation of Islam and he's just a minor footnote in history.

Proving once again, that "black lives only matter when killed by a white person/cop"

Back