white belt beating black belt

Here's why I don't think it would be cool to post it here:

Prospective students in the local areas of both these guys will likely google their names when gym shopping. These guys both are probably way better than me. I think it would suck if a post about these two quick victories popped up on the first page of a google search since it is not really indicative of these guys true skill and certainly not their value as teachers.

Prospective students in the local areas of both these guys will likely google their names when gym shopping. These guys both are probably way better than me. I think it would suck if a post about these two quick victories popped up on the first page of a google search since it is not really indicative of these guys true skill and certainly not their value as teachers.

ugh. you are reading way too much into it. put a space in between relevant words like so (r elevant) and your problem is solved.

make it happen.

Okay, let me go grab the link and make sure he doesn't have the video on friends only. If it is, we'll get it on a regular site.

Like I heard some Football commentator say yesterday "You are what your record says you are."

If you tapped a BJJ brown and black they hae to come to grips with it and you have the right to talk about it.

BJ Penn, one of the greatest fighters on earth had no problem with his BJJ white belt beating Judo bb videos. people still look up to him.

Not saying that you are comparing yourself to Penn but there have been many posts and threads about lower ranked grapplers subbing higher ranked grapplers.

Ryan Hall has them out there, and I Matt Arroyo had his vid up where as a purple he sub'd a BB.

Why should you be "ashamed"?

Yeah, I'm sure these guys wouldn't actually care. They definitely weren't too concerned at the time. I'm sure they know they could kick my ass in rematches.

Also, I haven't verified the rank of the second guy. But, grapplers.com shows him as taking first at Brown Belt clear back in 2007 and I found a reference to him being a blackbelt on a website that didn't look very authoritative. A buddy of mine at a gym in this guys affiliation saw the match, was curious, and said he would check on it.

Okay, I think my friend has posted the vid so that only his friends can see it. I just texted him to see if he can put it somewhere public. It's not that exciting a vid, so don't get your hopes up.

Dude... if you tapped BJJ browns and blacks (never mind great Browns and Blacks) while only being a white... you need to put that shit up here because you deserve your ass kissed. That's quite a feat that not many people can do.

Okay, I think my friend is working on it!

Not looking for any ass kissing. I'm technically not even a white belt since I've never trained in the gi, and I mainly taught myself stuff from internet videos.

Wow, I'm all hype to see your videos:icon_chee! Anyway, from how much time you train no-gi? ONLY self taught stuff before taking bjj?! That REALLY would be impressive.

What kindof time frame are we looking at here?

I realy want to see this.

Yeah, I've never trained in the gi at all. Still don't. I started in 2001 or 2002. But, I moved around a few times and had to take huge chunks of time off from training. My brother and I would just buy books and watch vids on the internet a lot.

I've also trained off and on at a really good pure no-gi school in my area. But, I think the vast majority of my grappling is stuff I learned from internet vids.

Again, the video is not super exciting, so don't get too hyped.

What kindof time frame are we looking at here?

I realy want to see this.

He's not answering his phone. But, it's on facebook. If you have facebook you can PM me and see it there if you want to see it now.

I don't understand why you can't just link it here or put it up on youtube.

Hell... send it to me, I'll do it.

Back