Whiner in chief: why are republicans not protecting me?

Which is weird because Merrick Garland was a solid choice.

By the time it got to the General that was a moot point. You don't know if Clinton would stick with him and most people don't know anything about the Justices being nominated just that they want their guy.

If you're a hardcore Christian you probably dislike everything about Trump but you're state is trying to put limits on abortion and there is decent chance a case is going to the Courts in the next decade. If you're anti abortion are you really going to take a chance on a Dem Supreme Court pick?

You can always change policy in regards to Healthcare, taxes and try to mend trade relationships.

The SC court pick is a win that will last 20+ years.

By the time it got to the General that was a moot point. You don't know if Clinton would stick with him and most people don't know anything about the Justices being nominated just that they want their guy.

If you're a hardcore Christian you probably dislike everything about Trump but you're state is trying to put limits on abortion and there is decent chance a case is going to the Courts in the next decade. If you're anti abortion are you really going to take a chance on a Dem Supreme Court pick?

You can always change policy in regards to Healthcare, taxes and try to mend trade relationships.

The SC court pick is a win that will last 20+ years.

Fair enough.

But then again, if Trump sinks conservativism no amount of SCOTUS packing is going to stop legislation from passing.

Fair enough.

But then again, if Trump sinks conservativism no amount of SCOTUS packing is going to stop legislation from passing.

True. And that's why the Establishment tried to stop him in the primary

Where is the source from? that was one of my favorite games back in the days, they made a remake or something?
No, it is a fighting game called Dissidia. New one comes out next year.

I dont believe Christians hate him. In fact most admire him. Christians has lost most social battles last 30 years and many feel they are too nice and weak. In trump they saw someone who fought liberals dirty and hit back hard. A lot of them were delighted they had a warrior in their side. Problem is trump isnt christian and doesnt have any core beliefs.

Just brainstorming here- how about a megathread for all of Trump's tweets? Yay or nay?

I do agree that we could probably fit a lot of these into one whining thread.

He's right imo. More than half the party are never trumpers whether they admit it or not. By undermining him they are undermining their constituents who voted for trump. They don't want change, they want the status quo.

Nothing's ever President Baby's fault is it?

no they arent. if they were destested, then people would stop voting for them. And supporting literally everything they do.

You forgot the golden rule of Congress. Everybody Hates Congress as a whole... but everybody loves THEIR congressman. Which is why despite 10% approval ratings the same turd keeps getting elected.

I fear I'm talking to an ignoramus

You forgot the golden rule of Congress. Everybody Hates Congress as a whole... but everybody loves THEIR congressman. Which is why despite 10% approval ratings the same turd keeps getting elected.

I fear I'm talking to an ignoramus

Its one of the wierdest disconnects from reality in politics. I have NEVER voted for an incumbent congressman.

Trump is a teenage girl. Get's upset and sends mean tweets.

Amongst politicians yes. As far as voters...no.

Really? he secured the Republican primary with 44% of the votes and then went to win the general election with 46% of the votes.

Aside from Trump's most ardent supporters, everyone hates Trump. That includes moderates and establishment Republicans.
And there is evidence of corruption. The guy settled a Trump university fraud case, is well known for fucking over investors and can't get a loan from a legitimate US bank (which is nuts given his claimed net worth) and clearly lied about his campaign having meetings with Russians (we'll see how far that rabbit hole goes), and various other corruption. Trump is also clearly incompetent, which can create foreign policy nightmares and make it much harder to sell domestic policy to the people. These reasons alone are enough to turn right wingers off. They want a stand-up, ethical guy to carry out the conservative agenda and not blow up the planet. It's pretty easy to see.

First part is true and they do recognize that. There is frustration in Congress over the lack of progress they've made on healthcare. And they know he's incompetent, actually, but will sign off on just about anything they get on his desk. Same result but the opposite reason you're claiming.

I can agree to that but would also add the right actually doesn't have good policy ideas. They're really unpopular, just look at the current healthcare proposals. They're getting something like 25% approval.

Dude you need to get a grip. Settling a lawsuit does not equal corruption. And there is 0 evidence that he lied about Russia. .. maybe it will come out but it hasn't yet. But it's hilarious that you think that Congress is above reproach or that this has something to do with their moral compass.

As for your last paragraph. ...it's just baffling.

No I do not for a second believe people approve of Obamacare. I don't know if it's the way pollsters fraise the question, poor sampling, or if people are just afraid of the unknown but it's utter horseshit.

You what polls I do believe? ELECTIONS. The right in Congress and Trump ran on repealing Obamacare all day every day and they now have a majority everywhere including both houses of Congress, the White House and Governors.

Then add in the fact that I have yet to come across anyone in a better situation insurance wise than the poorest of the poor. Everybody but the poor pays more, gets less, and has less options.

Really? he secured the Republican primary with 44% of the votes and then went to win the general election with 46% of the votes.

That's a huge primary win considering there were a dozen good candidates and he single handily decimated each one.

Good thing we have an electoral college which it was a landslide victory.

The fact is enough people like the president for him to win a landslide electoral victory. That's alot of fkn people.

Back