Which UFC fighter constantly breaks your heart?

BJ Penn
Dude needed to retire years ago

Gray's decline was too quick - Arguably beat Edgar, lost by KO to Edgar then was never the same.
Agreed. I was at the fight that was a draw. Epic fight and night. I was pissed he lossed.

We all have one fighter that we are a fan of and will still be a fan of that just never realised career potential or you watch them in a fight knowing they are capable of more but you end up shaking your head in frustration.

Which UFC fighter past or present is this for you? Fighting performances only as too many fighters haven't lived up to career due to other issues.

For me watching Pettis fight is tough, been a fan for years but you just never know which version turns up. End up jumping out of the chair in frustration often.

Being a fan of Brandon Vera has been a punishment too

Watching Rashad's fights post Jones fight also has been tough, he has the skills but just doesn't pull the trigger much.

Excluding Erick Silva of course :)
Must be tough to be a Barnett fan...

At least Shogun and Cain became UFC champions. I thought Shogun was done after barely beating Coleman, no way did I think he'd ever beat Machida.

Shogun was looking bad in the UFC, even when he was winning. He was really lacking mobility and dynamic ability when compared to for example his fights during the PRIDE 2005 MW GP. Imagine if he stayed injury free and continued to progress from that shape - he could have ruled the LHW division for a long time, possibly even against Jon Jones.

Machida.

It's a sad life as a Lyoto fan.

Yeah, him too. It's actually hard to define what happened to him. He never looked physically out of shape, but he just suddenly lost his edge. I was never really a fan of his, but it sucked to lose him as a talent.

Benson. Went from being an exciting fighter, great striking and awesome ground game. He just looks lost in there now

Lately Johnny Hendricks. I don't even like the guy but I was expecting him to show a flash of his former self. I think I bet on him a couple times. But he's clearly toast, finito, stick a fork in him etc.

BJ Penn's last bunch of fights, that was difficult to watch.

Jon Bone Jones. Greatest Light Heavy Weight to date, but fucks his own career up with fucked up decisons

Overeem
Faber
Rumble

I wanted these guys to win the belt, but they always fall at the last hurdle.

Faber couldn't even get the belt while Cruz was out for years, ffs...

Back