Which ten movies in the past 35 years...

Clear and Present Danger?

Hmm. . . I mean, it's cool and all, but I'm not really sure if belongs on a list like this. Especially since I think Patriot Games was better.

Patroit games is legit no doubt I personally feel the re watchability of Clear and Present Danger was much higher

Last edited:
The Terminator
Aliens
Titanic
Gladiator
Back To The Future
The Goonies
Goodfellas
Shawshank Redemption
The Prestige
The Crow

my

upload_2018-2-12_20-8-57.jpeg

images

Patroit games is legit no doubt I personally thing the re watchability of Clear and Present Danger was much higher

I thought Clear and Present Danger was cool, but I liked the more stripped down, realistic feel of Patriot Games. The story was smaller and the action felt more like something that could happen in the real world.

Obviously it doesn't always have to be that way--I love big, crazy action movies--but for this particular character it was a little off-putting to see him go full action hero in C&PD.

I thought Clear and Present Danger was cool, but I liked the more stripped down, realistic feel of Patriot Games. The story was smaller and the action felt more like something that could happen in the real world.

Obviously it doesn't always have to be that way--I love big, crazy action movies--but for this particular character it was a little off-putting to see him go full action hero in C&PD.

True but we know CIA/SAD/JSOC were running counter FARC/NARCO ops in Colombia, oddly enough while also smuggling drugs into the United States at least the CIA anyway.

Which is why I always felt Clear and present danger was more realistic from That standpoint which imho made Clear and Present Danger more believable then hunt for red October, or patriot games.

True but we know CIA/SAD/JSOC were running counter FARC/NARCO ops in Colombia, oddly enough while also smuggling drugs into the United States at least the CIA anyway.

Which is why I always felt Clear and present danger was more realistic from That standpoint which imho made Clear and Present Danger more believable then hunt for red October, or patriot games.

In terms of the basic plot I didn't really have a problem, but once Harrison Ford was hanging off the side of a helicopter I knew we were clearly in Movie Land.

These aren't necessarily my faves but they are important:

Ghostbusters
Titanic
Lord of the Rings
Toy Story
Unforgiven
The Lion King
Jurassic Park
Back to the Future

Pulp Fiction and Scream get honorable mention but they exist as homage to earlier films so they're out.

great list and if you take a minute to scroll through the film registry you've got gems like airplane, and boys in the hood on there. I personally don't see why revenge of the nerds wouldn't make it and Airplane did, or boys in the hood would make it and blood sport wouldn't.

In terms of the basic plot I didn't really have a problem, but once Harrison Ford was hanging off the side of a helicopter I knew we were clearly in Movie Land.

Hanging off the skid of a Huey isn't that unrealistic when breaking contact or a hot extraction. I've seen many Vietnam War documentaries where guys were hanging off hueys or falling from hueys back into rice paddies.

great list and if you take a minute to scroll through the film registry you've got gems like airplane, and boys in the hood on there. I personally don't see why revenge of the nerds wouldn't make it and Airplane did, or boys in the hood would make it and blood sport wouldn't.

Damn. I might drop one of my choices for Boyz N the Hood. Cultural significance (especially considering the time and tie-in to West Coast gangsta rap explosion) and it's John Singleton's Citizen Kane (like Orson Welles, he peaked early and never came close again.)

Since 1983...
Jurassic Park
Aliens
Sixth Sense
Apocalypto
Braveheart
Reservoir Dogs
Unforgiven
Something about Mary
The lion king
Full Metal Jacket

Can't believe no one has mentioned schindler's list, probably the most seminal film of the past 50 years.
Bunch of philistines in here.

Alien
Clerks
Dead Man's Shoes
Dogtooth
Taxidermia
Idioterne
Klass
Trainspotting
Terminator 2
Gozu

International film registry as I'm not American

Both of those movies could and probably have happened in the real world. That's one reason they're such compelling stories.

Big Lebowski
T2
Aladdin
Aliens
Goodfellas
Silence of the Lamb
Breakfast Club
Dances with Wolves
LOTR trilogy
Spaceballs

Braveheart
The Disaster Artist
Drive
Sixteen Candles
The Princess Bride
Karate Kid
American Pie
Get Out
Dallas Buyer Club
The Godfather
Alien
Napoleon Dynamite

Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Alien
Alien 2
Alien 3
Alien 4
Alien vs Predator
Alien vs Predator 2
Predator
Terminator

Jurassic Park
The Matrix
Alien
Alien 2
Alien 3
Alien 4
Alien vs Predator
Alien vs Predator 2
Predator
Terminator

You sound like a xenomorph groupie

Tbh at one point in my life I would've tapped the Alien Queen just to see if I could

Should be preserved in the National Film registry?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Film_Registry

IMHO.

1. Aliens

2.RAMBO First Blood

3.Die Hard

4.Nightmare on Elm street 4 dream warriors.( that gd song still sends chills up my spine)

5.PREDATOR

6.Blood Sport

7.Marked for Death

8.Vacation

9.Revenge of the Nerds (as an ode to the denizens of sherdog's mayberry lounge)

10. Clear and Present Danger.

what's your pics and why? a certain actor? director? Even soundtrack are all valid inclusion reasons itt.

If thats your honest opinion.....

<45><{outtahere}>

Shawshank Redemption
Silence of the lambs
Jurassic Park
Goodfellas
Braveheart
American History X
Malcolm X
LOTR Trilogy

Back