Which Squat stands look the best of these 3?

fatcat669

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm getting some squat stands. I will also use them for bench press and OHP. I'm not benching enough weight to kill me yet so I'm not worried about having a power rack and proper spotter bars. all 3 are around the same price.

valor
4185-oAstyL._SS400_.jpg

bodysolid
41z7EI0HcJL._SS350_.jpg

New york barbell TDS
31UhhXmvdwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm leaning for the New york barbell TDS (3rd) but the bodysolid (2nd) I can get for a bit more money locally so I don't have to bother with shipping which I bet is expensive. ive heard the valor's are a copy of the ironminds but I'm not sure I like the idea of independent stands, i.e. not attache.. also heres a video of a dude using the bodysolid and it looks pretty dope. YouTube - 20 rep squat with 225 lbs @ 145 lbs bodyweight

the only advantage of one over the other that i can see is that the top one has a safety stop, which isn't really much because i wouldn't dump too much weight on those bars

ive heard the valor's are a copy of the ironminds but I'm not sure I like the idea of independent stands, i.e. not attache..
I've got the ironmind ones, they don't look like this, and they're not independant. Well they are, but you can attach them with a pretty neat system.

I'd actually recommend Ironmind's Vulcan Squat rack, they are really convenient. Even if you don't live in a cramped place, the possibility of breaking it down in 10 seconds to put it in your car truck is really awesome... and you can turn them into a chin bar or dips bars.

I've got the ironmind ones, they don't look like this, and they're not independant. Well they are, but you can attach them with a pretty neat system.

I'd actually recommend Ironmind's Vulcan Squat rack, they are really convenient. Even if you don't live in a cramped place, the possibility of breaking it down in 10 seconds to put it in your car truck is really awesome... and you can turn them into a chin bar or dips bars.

unfortunately ironmind is beyond my budget. nice looking tho

From the Valour website:

• Max load should not exceed 250lbs.

Can't see weight ratings for the other two which is a good sign.

The Body Solid only extends to 60 inches, NY Barbell goes to 66 inches.

Personally I'd go with NY Barbell.

From the Valour website:

• Max load should not exceed 250lbs.

wow thanks. the manufacturer often underestimates but thats super low.

im going with the TDS if i can get it shipped for a reasonable price otherwise the bodysolid

some guys on bodybuilding boards say they are using 500lb on TDS no prob

Honestly. Just make your own. There are designs all over the internet

My birthday 21st the end of March and Im just asking everyone I know for money, I am hoping to get an extra 100lb of weight, A squat rack/power cage and a bench (maybe adjustable or maybe just flat) So this thread was quite helpful too me, I don't think I could ever build my own squat rack, I thought about it at one point but then I wouldn't entrust my health into something I've built, Not the most practical person!

I've used the bodysolid stand, and it's a piece of junk. It's ok for overhead work, but the stand is very narrow and hard to use for squats. It's also not very well made so anything over 400 pounds requires a sacrifice to the gods.

well i got some prices, looked for used ones (not much out there) and it seems i wont be getting one for under $300 new, so im constructing the wooden rack I posted. I will also add in a lower rack position for benching. It should cost under $60-$70 if i can find the tools to do it.

I recently bought this one online about a month ago and have been very happy.

Valor Fitness Combo Squat Stand / Bench Rack

$219 isnt too bad if money is an issue and the shipping is free plus it is rated to hold 400 lbs which is plenty for most people. The only issue I would see is the max height is 56" i think but I'm a short guy so it didn't matter for me.

Back