Which Reyes model offers the most pop

@Benry

yes I'm pretty sure. I'm not saying that boxing gloves are simple to make at all, but I feel like fight gloves are more simple to make than training gloves. Training gloves use dense foam and require a lot more moulding, and I feel like it is much harder to make the leather, fill, and foam cooperate to make than fight gloves that have very little padding (even the safetecs vs training gloves).

@Benry

yes I'm pretty sure. I'm not saying that boxing gloves are simple to make at all, but I feel like fight gloves are more simple to make than training gloves. Training gloves use dense foam and require a lot more moulding, and I feel like it is much harder to make the leather, fill, and foam cooperate to make than fight gloves that have very little padding (even the safetecs vs training gloves).

Oh I'm not trying to contradict you, I was adding an explanation why they're just as quality as the traditional fight gloves.

Well I used them on the pads last night and they're pretty much what I was looking for, lots of pop and very light. Padding isnt the most protective, definitely felt some shots in my knuckles but I wasn't expecting Winning level protection. Only complaint I have is that they get pretty damn hot after a bit due to the lack of vent holes.

Glad they worked for you! I know the safetecs get pretty good ratings. They weren't necessarily meant to provide more protection, though just the very fact that they don't utilize horsehair makes them safer. The safetec gloves use foam so that the it can be used in training and last longer than the horsehair gloves, which I think come with a tag inside that says 6, as in they're rated for 6 rounds but then again I don't know if that makes sense in that they're used for 12 round contests.

One main stream story why horsehair started getting replaced is that horsehair glove padding was always known to be fairly easily manipulated, but for the thrilla in manilla, it was so damn hot and humid that the padding started breaking down. source

There was a guy that bought $150 horsehair fight gloves and was using them on the heavybag... I wanted to tell him that wasn't the intended use, but he stopped coming in anyways.

Back