Which peak LHW fighters ever you would favor over peak DC?

Gus would also kill every lhw in the past. Chuck was beating guys like Vernon White and Jeremy Horn. Come on now. Cormier would kill him.

Gus didn't even fucking kill Jan Blachowiz. I don't even like Chuck that much, but saying he can't stuff a Cormier TD when a guy who isn't even a good wrestler did it is hilarious.

Gus is a "new" breed lol. I can't take anybody seriously who says this.

Gus hasn't beaten anybody worth a damn besides Glover, who isn't great himself. Who is his second best win? Washed up Shogun? LOL

Gus got beat by fucking Phil Davis and struggled with Jan Blachowiz{<doc}<{hfved}><{MingNope}>

I'd favor Cormier over Wand. Cormier is an awful matchup for Wand.

Cormier fought washed up HWs by the way. People touting Cormier's HW resume fail to take into account that Barnett and Mir are 100 years old. Beating TRT Big foot was a fine win, I'll give him that.

Define new breed then.

In my mind he fits - great footwork, solid striking and wrestling, good jits,
big strong and athletic. More well rounded than Chuck and Rampage.
Fought for title twice lost split decisions, gave two of the best LHW - DC and Jones
one of their tougest fights.

I can also laught at Rampage losting to fucking Forrest and Bader.

And Chuck was also getting KTFO left and right after being slept by Rampage.

And don't even compare level of competetion at LHW now and 10 years ago.

Gus didn't even fucking kill Jan Blachowiz. I don't even like Chuck that much, but saying he can't stuff a Cormier TD when a guy who isn't even a good wrestler did it is hilarious.

Chuck was fighting guys like Horn and White in his prime. That is pathetic. The competition he faced. He lost to Keith Jardine.

Seriously, I would take Patrick Cummings over Chuck and most of the old lhw. Cummings would manhandle Chuck.

Nobody, Gus had his advantages and still could not do it! There would be very few at HW that I would favor against DC as well. Cain vs DC, Stipe vs DC, Prime Nog vs DC, and Fedor vs DC would all be 50/50 to me but I think DC would run through all LHW (with exception of GOAT Jones) and most all HW except the few I listed above and those would be coinflips.

Rampage and chuck.
I think randy does well.
Hendo dosent get embarrassed

Define new breed then.

In my mind he fits - great footwork, solid striking and wrestling, good jits,
big strong and athletic. More well rounded than Chuck and Rampage.
Fought for title twice lost split decisions, gave two of the best LHW - DC and Jones
one of their tougest fights.

I can also laught at Rampage losting to fucking Forrest and Bader.

And Chuck was also getting KTFO left and right after being slept by Rampage.

And don't even compare level of competetion at LHW now and 10 years ago.

You're right, we shouldn't compare competition at LHW today vs 10 years ago because LHW was much better when pride was going. LHW is one of the worst divisions int he sport right now lmao.

Rampage, Wand, Chuck, Randy, Hendo, Vitor, Tito, Lil Nog, Shogun, Forrest....that's much deeper than the division currently is

Rampage was on his decline when was in the UFC, so i'm not sure why you'd mention him losing to Bader/Forrest. The only guys that peak Rampage lost against were prime Wand and prime Shogun.

And Chuck started getting KO'd left and right when he got old and been fighting for a long time and is chin was shot. I personally think Chuck is overrated as hell, but he definitely would present some problems for Cormier. The fact that you won't even acknowledge is telling.

Rampage is more athletic and stronger than Gus. Has much more power. Gus ran from Cormier lol. Cormier's striking is not great. Rampage, Chuck, Wand, Shogun were all better strikers than Cormier is at their peaks.

DC piss pounds every other LHW in their prime not named Jones.

Rampage and Chuck? Get the fuck outta here lol

People raving about Chucks TDD must've forgotten that he was spoon fed grapplers for almost his entire career. It wasn't horrible but it's not legendary. Very few of his opponents posed any legit threat standing. We all know what happened when he started fighting stand-first opponents. DC ravages any version of Chuck.

You're right, we shouldn't compare competition at LHW today vs 10 years ago because LHW was much better when pride was going. LHW is one of the worst divisions int he sport right now lmao.

Rampage, Wand, Chuck, Randy, Hendo, Vitor, Tito, Lil Nog, Shogun, Forrest....that's much deeper than the division currently is

Rampage was on his decline when was in the UFC, so i'm not sure why you'd mention him losing to Bader/Forrest. The only guys that peak Rampage lost against were prime Wand and prime Shogun.

And Chuck started getting KO'd left and right when he got old and been fighting for a long time and is chin was shot. I personally think Chuck is overrated as hell, but he definitely would present some problems for Cormier. The fact that you won't even acknowledge is telling.

Rampage is more athletic and stronger than Gus. Has much more power. Gus ran from Cormier lol. Cormier's striking is not great. Rampage, Chuck, Wand, Shogun were all better strikers than Cormier is at their peaks.

Big names do not equal level.
Sport is evolving, so are athletes.

Rampage was 30 when he lost to Forrest, 32 when lost to Eashad and 33 when he
got demolished by very young Jones.

And Chuck didn't fight the best PRide guys, two big names he beat were
Randy, 2-1 and Tito. Ok and Vitor on short notice. Others were mediocre fighters
and best were in Pride.

Of course he could present problems for DC, but let's be real.
Wrestling - if Rampage took Chcuk down, Dc could also.
Chuck hit hard, but if Rumble could not KO DC, i doubt he could.

Rampage is stronger in wrestling and hits harder, but Gus is much better conditioned,
has great cardio for 5 rounds and is much more well rounded in all disciplines.
Rampage has shitty BJJ can't kick and rarely could check a low kick.

And nowhere did i tell that DC's striking is great.
His forte is wrestling, GNP and clinch + dirty boxing.
Plus great strengh on par with HW.
His striking is ok.

But Gus didn't "run", he used his reach and footwork.
It would be stupid to stand and trade with DC.

Actually he used great footwork and striking in Jones, DC, Thiago Silva and Shogun fights.

Also it's not right to rate low his win over Glover. Glover is an elite fighter which
went on ridiculous win streak and fought for LHW title.

Nothing more trendy than talking about the mystical "prime" period for fighters that were never that good to begin with.

Jones is the only LHW in history who beats him. At HW there are maybe 5 guys.

But Gus didn't "run", he used his reach and footwork.
It would be stupid to stand and trade with DC.

Also it's not right to rate low his win over Glover. Glover is an elite fighter which
went on ridiculous win streak and fought for LHW title.

Starting to get tired of responding. Glover is awful lol. He is. The fact that he is a top tier fighter is one of the reasons the division is so bad.

And yea, Gus definitely turned his back to Cormier and ran from him several times. I actually rewatched it last week during my lunch break for work. It was pretty similar to what Overeem was trying to do to Stipe. That's not footwork lol.

I don't think anyone other than Jones can handle his wrestling.

Gus has proven himself to have good takedowns and defense obviously. Chuck used to be my favorite fighter. I know his skills and career like the back of my hand. Rampage held Chuck down and pounded the shit out of him. Then the next time they fought, Rampage caught him in the first. He has terrible defense. I expected Chuck to win that fight too. He looked unbeatable until the 2nd Rampage fight. I also think the Couture that came back and beat Sylvia and Gonzaga was the best Couture ever and Chuck never fought that Couture.

Last edited:
Gus has proven himself to have good takedowns and defense obviously. Chuck used to be my favorite fighter. I know his skills and career like the back of my hand. Rampage held Chuck down and pounded the shit out of him. Then the next time they fought, Rampage caught him in the first. He has terrible defense.

Chuck also has really good power, fast hands, and good boxing to go along with his TDD. Rampage is a better striker than Cormier which makes it easier for him to take Chuck down. Different matchup.

Tito couldn't take Chuck down, but he took down Rashad multiple times who is a better wrestler than Chuck.

Styles. I think Cormier's style is a better matchup for Chuck than Rampage's.

And besides, I'm not even saying I'd favor Chuck, just that notion that he could beat him isn't ridiculous as some are making it out to be.

Chuck also has really good power, fast hands, and good boxing to go along with his TDD. Rampage is a better striker than Cormier which makes it easier for him to take Chuck down. Different matchup.

Tito couldn't take Chuck down, but he took down Rashad multiple times who is a better wrestler than Chuck.

Styles. I think Cormier's style is a better matchup for Chuck than Rampage's.

And besides, I'm not even saying I'd favor Chuck, just that notion that he could beat him isn't ridiculous as some are making it out to be.

I can agree with that. And also, people mention Chuck's takedown defense but what was just as important is how he could always get back to his feet when taken down. You couldn't hold him down. You can't hold down Cormier either. I don't think Jones could lay and pray Cormier for example. Jones can take him down but not keep him there long. I doubt anybody could. I can't imagine somebody controlling DC on the ground for an extended amount of time.

I think a rematch with Gus would be intriguing. Not sure any of the old school guys could have beaten him at 205 tbh. I think a 2005 Cro Cop vs DC would have been a barn burner. Fedor would have beat DC too I think.

Lol Chuck is so massively overrated on here. He wasn't ever better than Rampage. And they had very similar styles. DC throws them both around from the clinch.

I wouldn't favor any lhw over Cormier except Jones.

But machida and Liddell could possibly win a few times out of ten

Back