Which peak LHW fighters ever you would favor over peak DC?

DC could take Chuck down. I don't think he'd do a large amount of damage down there to make him less dangerous when the fight inevitably ends up back on the feet.
I don't see it. Chuck had some very slick TDD and on the off occasion he did get taken down he'd get right back up. The only fighter I've ever see do it better has been aldo

Which peak LHW fighters ever you would favor over peak DC in series of 10 fights more often than not? Obviously peak Jones should be favored, but other than him?

Peak Gus, peak Machida, peak Rua, peak Rampage? Maybe peak Tito, peak Liddell, peak Rumble, peak Wand, peak Couture? Others?
Peak Liddell destroys every single lhw in UFC history .. now Liddell vs jones though would be fun but Liddell would catch jones and put him to sleep..

I don't see it. Chuck had some very slick TDD and on the off occasion he did get taken down he'd get right back up. The only fighter I've ever see do it better has been aldo
None of that negates what I was saying. It's actually largely in-line with it.
Chuck wasn't impossible to take down. Tito managed one, Vitor, Rampage, even Shogun from what I recall.
None of them are on the same level of wrestling as Randy, who took Chuck down several times. There is no reason to assume that DC wasn't at minimum as good as Randy in takedowns. That's a higher level of wrestling than Chuck' s. DC isn't afraid to throw and has a good chin. He could get Chuck down. How long the fight stays on the ground is questionable, as is how many times could DC take it there.

I don't believe DC would have it in him to stop Chuck with gnp unless he hurt him on the feet (probably with uppercuts). DC should be favored, but Chuck would be a very dangerous opponent, and if DC couldn't take him down multiple times, he'd have a world of trouble to wade through.

I could see the fight going either way, but DC should be able to take him down.

Chuck Liddell
Prime Wanderlei
Prime Shogun with soccer kicks, knees to head allowed
Prime Rampage

Lol at Tito. He was only takedowns and elbows. No striking

no one. People saying Chuck could stop his takedowns, lol. DC was tossing HWs, nuff said. Jones is the only LHW that I'd favor over DC because he's a nightmare match up and just super talented.
Just a thought, DC is the only short fighter that has been able to make it competitive with Jones.

Off the top of my head, Randy was the best wrestler that Chuck ever fought. Maybe Tito. Cormier would dump both of them on their heads. Chuck too.

Machida would beat him depending on when they fought. If DC fought him instead of Rashad he would have been slept, but after Machida was figured out, DC may have won a close decision.

Only Machida. But I would pay money to see A prime Chuck or Randy in there.

Jones and part of me thinks a prime 205 Couture. Other than that, no one.

You would favor that list against DC?

Personally I think only Jon could reliably get it done, just a nightmare matchup for DC and a superb fighter.

Yeah and I challenge everyone who disagrees to really think about it. What makes DC so much better than a prime Shad, Davis or Bader(nm the names near the top of the list)? You might have a point though with "reliably" getting it done. I think all of these matchups would be quite competitive but I think DC more often than not is on the losing side. More confident in prime Shad than in prime Davis or Bader.

All I see with DC at LHW is the two wins against Rumble where Rumble was doing well until he ran out of stamina. Then there's the SD with Gus he almost got knocked out in that IMO he didn't actually win. Take all that away and all you got are the Jones losses and that joke of a "fight" versus AS. Just don't see what everyone else sees to say things like "he would have beaten any other fighter", I just don't think so.

Laughable to say that prime Chuck or Rampage would stop DC's takedown.

His wrestling is on another level, he was tossing HW,

only one who could handle his wrestling is Jones.

DC also got taken down by Gus. If Gus can take down Cormier and stuff all but one of attempts, why is it outlandish that Rampage or Chuck could stuff them?

DC also got taken down by Gus. If Gus can take down Cormier and stuff all but one of attempts, why is it outlandish that Rampage or Chuck could stuff them?

Gus would also kill every lhw in the past. Chuck was beating guys like Vernon White and Jeremy Horn. Come on now. Cormier would kill him.

1- Chuck didn't use offensive wrestling untill Wanderlei fight.
Sorry, can;t compare wrestling of Wanderlei and DC.

2- Rampage had some power, even took Bader down and Forest,
slams of Igor and Arona were impressivem although it was Pride and
he was probably roided up to the max.

But DC was tossing HW's he's both more strong and technical than Rampage.

Gus is a new breed, more well rounded than Rampage and Chuck,
lean bigger and he set his takedowns with his great movement and striking.

1- Chuck didn't use offensive wrestling untill Wanderlei fight.
Sorry, can;t compare wrestling of Wanderlei and DC.

2- Rampage had some power, even took Bader down and Forest,
slams of Igor and Arona were impressivem although it was Pride and
he was probably roided up to the max.

But DC was tossing HW's he's both more strong and technical than Rampage.

Gus is a new breed, more well rounded than Rampage and Chuck,
lean bigger and he set his takedowns with his great movement and striking.

Gus is a "new" breed lol. I can't take anybody seriously who says this.

Gus hasn't beaten anybody worth a damn besides Glover, who isn't great himself. Who is his second best win? Washed up Shogun? LOL

Gus got beat by fucking Phil Davis and struggled with Jan Blachowiz{<doc}<{hfved}><{MingNope}>

I'd favor Cormier over Wand. Cormier is an awful matchup for Wand.

Cormier fought washed up HWs by the way. People touting Cormier's HW resume fail to take into account that Barnett and Mir are 100 years old. Beating TRT Big foot was a fine win, I'll give him that.

Back