Which peak LHW fighters ever you would favor over peak DC?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Which peak LHW fighters ever you would favor over peak DC in series of 10 fights more often than not? Obviously peak Jones should be favored, but other than him?

Peak Gus, peak Machida, peak Rua, peak Rampage, peak Evans? Maybe peak Tito, peak Liddell, peak Rumble, peak Wand, peak Couture, peak Mousasi? Others?

Last edited:
Chuck easy. I don't see D.C. Taking him down and chucks striking was legendary in his prime. D.C. Would go doen

Peak Rampage.

Much better boxing than Cormier and would keep it standing.

None and it's not close. Very few at HW either, or the history of the sport for that matter. A tough fight for anyone on the planet.

None and it's not close. Very few at HW either, or the history of the sport for that matter. A tough fight for anyone on the planet.

Dude, Gus almost finished him LOL

"it's not close"

I'd like to see Machida during the Machida era (even though it was short lived). Also think Chuck could give DC a good run.

This is a long list and isn't exactly in order cause the divison's been so competitive.

1)Jones
2) Gus
3) Shad
4) Machida
5) Hendo
6)Rampage
7) Shogun
8) Davis
9) Bader
10) Liddell(had trouble putting Liddell over a modern day elite fighter but yeah DC's a good matchup for prime Liddell who had no problem facing wrestlers who he could trade punches with, DC's not a bad striker but I don't think he'd be able to throw with prime Chuck)

Bader's more of an = to me.

This

See the revisionists have come out in force following the flukey head kick

Chuck easy. I don't see D.C. Taking him down and chucks striking was legendary in his prime. D.C. Would go doen
DC could take Chuck down. I don't think he'd do a large amount of damage down there to make him less dangerous when the fight inevitably ends up back on the feet.

If he cant take a 2009 machida down. He will lose via ud

Unpopular opinion but I think early 2000's Tito Ortiz would have a good chance.

This is a long list and isn't exactly in order cause the divison's been so competitive.

1)Jones
2) Gus
3) Shad
4) Machida
5) Hendo
6)Rampage
7) Shogun
8) Davis
9) Bader
10) Liddell(had trouble putting Liddell over a modern day elite fighter but yeah DC's a good matchup for prime Liddell who had no problem facing wrestlers who he could trade punches with, DC's not a bad striker but I don't think he'd be able to throw with prime Chuck)

Bader's more of an = to me.
You would favor that list against DC?

Personally I think only Jon could reliably get it done, just a nightmare matchup for DC and a superb fighter.

Obviously Jones then maybe Rampage and Glover would be good stylistically.I would say most likely just Jones.The level of fighters has improved so much and people for some reason can't grasp that.

Wonder how Khalidov would fare.

Him right now would get killed.He recently got his ass kicked by a 9-7 40yr old getting a horrible majority decision and most recently beat a LW/WW by decision that was finished in all his other 5 losses.Plus he's a MW and his last fight was at 180,he could arguably fight at 170.Mamed is so overrated,but I still watch all his fights as I watch all the KSW/ACB's.He's a good fighter i'm just saying he's way overrated.

Laughable to say that prime Chuck or Rampage would stop DC's takedown.

His wrestling is on another level, he was tossing HW,

only one who could handle his wrestling is Jones.

Back