Which one of these retro mini consoles would you guys be interested in?

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Which one of these retro mini consoles would you guys be interested in?

1. Neo Geo Classic mini with 30 games - $60

2. TurboGrafx-16 Classic mini with 30 games - $60

3. Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Classic mini with 30 games - $60

4. Panasonic 3DO Classic mini with 30 games - $60

5. None... EMULATORS BRO!!!

The 30 Best Neo Geo Games

The 30 Best TurboGrafix-16 Games

The 30 Best Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Games

The 30 Best Panasonic 3DO Games

5 unless I manage to get enough money it doesn't matter if I burn it. Not much of a collector, and keeping with buying modern games I want to play and making time for that is hard enough.

None. Fuck Mini Consoles. :)
If it dont come with ALL(or at least most) of the games,for super low prices,y'all wasting your cash.

3dos and turbographx arent worth making. No one would buy those. If you really need it that bad,go on fuckin ebay,you loser.

None.

The NeoGeo classic mini would probably come with crappy games like Burning Fight and Fatal Fury 1. The couple of NeoGeo games I still play I play them online anyway.

None.

The NeoGeo classic mini would probably come with crappy games like Burning Fight and Fatal Fury 1. The couple of NeoGeo games I still play I play them online anyway.

First of all,slow your roll.

Burning Fight and Fatal Fury 1 were cool games.

Neogeo has enough good games to do one of these things,I still wouldnt buy em,but they are games many people could only play on arcades or emulators. So if someone bought me one as a gift,or they were super cheap,like $10,then sure....I would rock all the samurai showdowns like a G. Some of the old side scrolling beat em ups like Ninja Combat,and Mutation Nation. Stuff i played when it was in arcades.

First of all,slow your roll.

Burning Fight and Fatal Fury 1 were cool games.

Neogeo has enough good games to do one of these things,I still wouldnt buy em,but they are games many people could only play on arcades or emulators. So if someone bought me one as a gift,or they were super cheap,like $10,then sure....I would rock all the samurai showdowns like a G. Some of the old side scrolling beat em ups like Ninja Combat,and Mutation Nation. Stuff i played when it was in arcades.

<{cruzshake}>

There were a lot of good NeoGeo games, but not those. Same goes for 3 Count Bout, Sengoku 1, Art of Fighting 1, and Ninja Combat.

Actually, a lot of their earlier titles weren't that good, IMO.

<{cruzshake}>

There were a lot of good NeoGeo games, but not those. Same goes for 3 Count Bout, Sengoku 1, Art of Fighting 1, and Ninja Combat.

What did you think of World Heroes? Dat SNK jingle.

What did you think of World Heroes? Dat SNK jingle.

World Heroes 1 was meh besides the Deathmatch mode.

World Heroes 2 is the one I played the most. It wasn't great, but I liked the new characters and the Tug of War meter in Deathmatch mode. There was also the projectile reflect and throw reversals which were unique at the time.

Didn't play much of Jet. I remember thinking WH2 was better and that Jack and Ryofu were overpowered.

World Heroes Perfect is the best one. It had invincible back dashes, EX moves, Supers, Guard Break, ABC moves which were like Street Fighter V's V-Trigger. I wish I got to play it more.

Edit: Oh and then there's Rasputin Super....

None.

Plus. A Neo Geo without 2 good arcade sticks would be pretty much worthless and that ain't happening for 60 dollars at all

World Heroes 1 was meh besides the Deathmatch mode.

World Heroes 2 is the one I played the most. It wasn't great, but I liked the new characters and the Tug of War meter in Deathmatch mode. There was also the projectile reflect and throw reversals which were unique at the time.

Didn't play much of Jet. I remember thinking WH2 was better and that Jack and Ryofu were overpowered.

World Heroes Perfect is the best one. It had invincible back dashes, EX moves, Supers, Guard Break, ABC moves which were like Street Fighter V's V-Trigger. I wish I got to play it more.

Edit: Oh and then there's Rasputin Super....

I just remember it because certain stages had environmental hazards to avoid and the dude with the giant wooden mask scared me as a kid.
Jet was actually released on Game Boy somehow.

<{cruzshake}>

TBF i havent played sengoku and ninja combat and burning fight in a long time...but i dont remember them being "bad"

But yeah i aint payin money for any of those. Art of fighting kinda sucked though.

world heroes,i remember being a kid and thinking the pirate throwing ghost snakes at people,and the football guy being interesting characters. Can only shake my head now. Hahahah

tumblr_n23vccJSzb1qd9g7oo1_500.png

TBF i havent played sengoku and ninja combat and burning fight in a long time...but i dont remember them being "bad"

But yeah i aint payin money for any of those. Art of fighting kinda sucked though.

Same here, but I only remember bad things. Ninja Combat, I just remember it being hilariously cheap and you didn't really have any moves besides throwing shurikens.

Art of Fighting 2 was decent and improved over AOF1 in everyway. It also had the cheapest A.I. that I've ever seen in a fighting game. AOF3 is another one that I wish I played more. The animation was the best for a 2D fighter at the time.

robert-aof3-walk.gif

Same here, but I only remember bad things. Ninja Combat, I just remember it being hilariously cheap and you didn't really have any moves besides throwing shurikens.

Art of Fighting 2 was decent and improved over AOF1 in everyway. It also had the cheapest A.I. that I've ever seen in a fighting game. AOF3 is another one that I wish I played more. The animation was the best for a 2D fighter at the time.

robert-aof3-walk.gif
SNK is notorious for cheap AI. I remember having to find a way to be cheap back in order to beat any of the final bosses in those games.

SNK is notorious for cheap AI. I remember having to find a way to be cheap back in order to beat any of the final bosses in those games.

AOF2 was the worst of the bunch, IMO. Even the first character acted like a final boss. There's also the fact that you had to go through the game without losing a match (or losing a round, can't remember) to fight Geese Howard. Fighting the AI felt more like a puzzle game.

AOF2 was the worst of the bunch, IMO. Even the first character acted like a final boss. There's also the fact that you had to go through the game without losing a match (or losing a round, can't remember) to fight Geese Howard. Fighting the AI felt more like a puzzle game.
I just remember one of the King of fighters games,where Wolfgang Krauser would throw a fireball,and you jump over it,and hed automatically hit you with some somsersault kick move. There was no way to avoid it. I wanted to throw the controller at the screen. Youd have to learn to try and cheese him so bad that somehow youd win. I remember it taking 20,30 tries sometimes.

Like when you fight someone like M.Bison in alpha 3,ok he can be difficult,and teleports alot.Or even guys like Gill in street fighter III who straight up resurrect. But its never "unfair" like in Snk games.

Like when you fight someone like M.Bison in alpha 3,ok he can be difficult,and teleports alot.Or even guys like Gill in street fighter III who straight up resurrect. But its never "unfair" like in Snk games.

Most of the Capcom fighting game bosses don't really react to every input like in SNK games.

wklol.jpg

Back