Which one of these 3 grappling related finishes is your favourite?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
3 iconic moments in the history of MMA

Rampage Jackson slaming Ricardo Arona is considered to be the most brutal slam ever taped on camera
xxeVh.gif

Ryo Chonan flying heel hook something submission on Anderson Silva is here because... Well... It was kinda unexpected
635922305393527551-1649464508_chonan-silva.gif

tumblr_n2ckmpYwMO1ry1rm7o3_400.gif

Demetrious Johnson's migthty plex submission on Ray Borg. It happened just days go, and is already called the best finish in MMA history, period. The Anderson Silva front kick to the face of submissions:

All 3 will be talked about until the end of time. Which one is your personal favourite and why?

write-in:

nick diaz gogoplata on takanori gomi

PV1RY.gif

Obviously Rampage, that's the greatest KO in MMA history.

The aronabomb was pretty good but I gotta go with chonan subbing Anderson! That was fuckin amazing

Diaz vs Gomi was the best tho. Gomi was the #1 fighter in the world and got subbed by something nobody had even heard of

Dan Severn suplexing the shit out of Anthony Macias is my favourite grappling related finish.

giphy.gif

I'm waiting for someone to say that Silva was dominating, only to lose to a Hail Mary.

Lord, people need to watch that fight.

Though I absolutely love that Rampage/Arona finish, I wouldn't call it a grappling related finish. Yes, he was in a triangle but he wasn't the one initiating the grappling move and it led to a KO.

I'd go with Mighty mouse from those you posted.

The aronabomb was pretty good but I gotta go with chonan subbing Anderson! That was fuckin amazing

Diaz vs Gomi was the best tho. Gomi was the #1 fighter in the world and got subbed by something nobody had even heard of

shinya aoki did a mounted gogoplata against katsuhiko nagata at dream 4:

and don't forget about the korean zombie pulling off the twister on leonard garcia at ufc fn 24:

Mighty Mouse's finish has to be a modern classic.
But it's just too fresh for me to process the greatness of it compared to other classics.
Gotta go with Silva getting caught in the flying heel hook.

Rampage's slam was great, but slams are so much more common that I'd never call it #1.

I'm really digging DJ's right now. That shit was amazing.

korean zombie pulling off the twister is up there tho.

Nate making Jim Miller bite off his own tongue was pretty impressive as Miller is no joke on the ground.

I like when someone has a submission in and the other fighter tries to slam out, but it just makes it tighter.

Back